Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
katherine turns on katherine, writes katherine ... (Read 178 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

katherine turns on katherine, writes katherine ...
Jul 4th, 2014 at 1:30pm

Quote:
KATHERINE Heigl has admitted she did too many rom-coms and says she felt betrayed by her own career.

In an interview with Marie Claire UK, she says she was angry when her star began to fall.

“The thing that was my best friend for a long time suddenly turned on me,” Heigl told mag. “And I didn’t expect it. I was taken by surprise and angry at it for betraying me.”

The Huffington Post reports the 35-year-old’s trouble began six years ago when she removed her name from consideration for the 2008 Emmys because her Grey’s Anatomy character didn’t have the material to “warrant a nomination”.

After rom-com hits like Knocked Up and 27 Dresses, 2009’s The Ugly Truth received dismal reviews and 2010s Life As We Know It was a box-office flop. Last year, she landed at No. 2 on Forbes’ “Most Overpaid Actors” list.
The star says she accepts partial blame for not picking more serious roles.

“I had an amazing time. I love romantic comedies,” she said. “But maybe I hit it a little too hard. I couldn’t say no. I stopped challenging myself. It became a bit by rote and, as a creative person, that can wear you down. That was part of why I took that time off, to ask myself, ‘What do I want? What am I looking for?’ and shut down all the noise.”

Vulture magazine reported studio executives referred to her as “Hurricane Heigl” behind closed doors as rumours of her poor professional reputation circulated.

She says it almost caused her to walk away from Hollywood for good.

Oh yeah, I had a moment where, I don’t know, I was thinking, ‘Maybe open a knitting store, get my money out of retirement accounts and live off that, live off the land.’ I had my moment where it all seemed so complicated and all I wanted to do was simplify,” she said.

However, Heigl has persisted with her craft and will next return air as a CIA analyst on NBC’s State of Affairs, set to premiere later this year in the US.

“There’s a part of me that’s a Hollywood animal as well,” Heigl said. “I can’t wait to get into the writers’ room and see how we do this. I feel like I’m finally rolling into the next phase of my adulthood.”
Originally published as Heigl: ‘Betrayed by my own career’

[urlhttp://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/movies/katherine-heigl-says-she-feels-betrayed-by-her-career-as-she-admits-she-hit-the-romcoms-too-hard/story-fnihm796-1229677012031][/url]

romcoms might be a bit too deep for her.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: katherine turns on katherine, writes katherine ...
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2014 at 1:43pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 4th, 2014 at 1:30pm:
he Huffington Post reports the 35-year-old’s trouble began six years ago when she removed her name from consideration for the 2008 Emmys because her Grey’s Anatomy character didn’t have the material to “warrant a nomination”.

biting the hand that feeds you may have been part of the decline.. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print