Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How are YOU for a whinge? (Read 1170 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

How are YOU for a whinge?
Jun 21st, 2014 at 8:39pm

link

Results of two polls:

These results surprise me. I'm assuming most of those polled were British immigrants.

People: Only 6% Grin . I wonder why. Lots of space I assume translates as the famous Australian backyard: 12%

Dislikes: Rules & Fines topped the list as 21%.

Personally I put the worst thing about Australia easily as being the tyranny of distance from the cultural smorgasbord that is Britain, Continental Europe, and Scandinavia. No other whinge come anywhere close to it. Australia is like living on the moon.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: How are YOU for a whinge?
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2014 at 8:54pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 21st, 2014 at 8:39pm:
Australia is like living on the moon.

you can always piss off back to mother england ....... thats more to your liking isn't it? less moon and more uranus?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2014 at 9:04pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 21st, 2014 at 8:54pm:

you can always piss off back to mother england ....... thats more to your liking isn't it? less moon and more uranus?

Another great contribution from John Smith.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2014 at 9:08pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 21st, 2014 at 9:04pm:

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2014 at 9:24pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 21st, 2014 at 9:08pm:

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Just because the team from Bongo-Bongoland beat the sh!t out of Italy in Brazil is no excuse for you to go on a rampage of destruction here.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 21st, 2014 at 9:32pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 21st, 2014 at 9:24pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 21st, 2014 at 9:08pm:

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Just because the team from Bongo-Bongoland beat the sh!t out of Italy in Brazil is no excuse for you to go on a rampage of destruction here.

cause the poms have won everything ... right  ; Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

bongobongo land wiped out the poms without even needing to play them  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

sherri
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #6 - Jun 21st, 2014 at 9:38pm

Noisy birds?
Of all the things in life to complain about, 3% actually said noisy birds?? Grin Grin Grin

If that is the worst they can say of a country, then we have it pretty good. Smiley

I think the stand out best thing about Australia is we live in relative peace & tolerance. We're law abiding for the most part and we have freedom to live our life the way we want to, within reason.

You only have to watch the news any night lately to see how many poor souls around the world don't have that.

As for the tyranny of distance. I personally don't care. This is the age of the internet and Skype, & of quick jets if you really have to visit overseas.
I think the fact we are surrounded by water and far from the madhouses of parts of the middle east, Africa, Europe.... well, it's got to be a bonus. Wink

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #7 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 12:56am

link

Results of two polls:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/ruffdiamond/January%202013/poll1_zpsc6092...http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/ruffdiamond/January%202013/poll2_zpsd3e94...

These results surprise me. I'm assuming most of those polled were British immigrants.

People: Only 6% Grin . I wonder why. Lots of space I assume translates as the famous Australian backyard: 12%

Personally I put the worst thing about Australia easily as being the tyranny of distance from the cultural smorgasbord that is Britain, Continental Europe, and Scandinavia. No other whinge come anywhere close to it. Australia is like living on the moon.

atleast you don't get eaten here!  Grin

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 9:04am

sherri wrote on Jun 21st, 2014 at 9:38pm:
Noisy birds?
Of all the things in life to complain about, 3% actually said noisy birds?? Grin Grin Grin

Don't laugh!  Tongue At my last forum board a fellow said the pigeons in the trees surrounding his house on the North Shore drove him NUTS with their endless 'cooing' on quiet Sunday mornings when he and his wife wanted to sleep in a while.

And then ... I've been driven INSANE by neighbours with their backyard aviaries full of squawking parrots waking me up at 5 every morning, and then continuing throughout the day. Very intrusive and annoying.

And then of course ... there's the lonely, solitary, godforsaken cockatiel hung out to dry in a small cage all day, everyday ~ its plaintive shriek renting the air like a nail being hammered into your brain.

It's much better now than it used to be 20 - 30 years ago.

I can listen to chickens all day long, but not these damn parrots.

sherri wrote on Jun 21st, 2014 at 9:38pm:
If that is the worst they can say of a country, then we have it pretty good. Smiley

As for the tyranny of distance. I personally don't care. This is the age of the internet and Skype, & of quick jets if you really have to visit overseas.
I think the fact we are surrounded by water and far from the madhouses of parts of the middle east, Africa, Europe.... well, it's got to be a bonus. Wink

You've become institutionalised.  Grin Like a long term prisoner you no longer feel you can cope with the uncertainties of the broader world beyond the high walls.

Eventually we will have colonies on the moon and Mars where the people will feel just as you do ... And just as with most Australian homes you'll have your Venetian blinds down and closed against a view of the street.

Insular, cocooned, introverted, and watching repeats of Judge Judy and The Bold and the Beautiful while sipping tea and nibbling on Arnott's biscuits.

Smiley

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 9:32am

I don't mind the noisy birds but, when I'm lining up a putt, I wish those frigging butterflies'd shut the hell up!!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 10:10am

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 12:56am:
link

Results of two polls:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/ruffdiamond/January%202013/poll1_zpsc6092...http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/ruffdiamond/January%202013/poll2_zpsd3e94...

atleast you don't get eaten here!  Grin

you didnt include mossies did you?..

or crocs....hey those crocs have big teeth man...

have a friend lives in Darwin and she says she wont go anywhere near open water  because of the protection they are increasing at a terrific rate...so if you see one walking down the main road...climb a tree...or it will eat you. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #11 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 10:19am

I am prepared to take up the collection to piss Herb off back to pommie land.

Good flaming riddance in my opinion!

Whinging Pommie Bastards We Dont Need!!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 10:44am

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 10:19am:
I am prepared to take up the collection to piss Herb off back to pommie land.

Good flaming riddance in my opinion!

Whinging Pommie Bastards We Dont Need!!

You only have to ask politely, and I'll leave.
*sniff*

(When you've taken up the collection ~ send me the money and I'll buy a ticket out of here).  Cool

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 11:01am

cods wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 10:10am:
have a friend lives in Darwin and she says she wont go anywhere near open water  because of the protection they are increasing at a terrific rate...so if you see one walking down the main road...climb a tree...or it will eat you. Grin Grin Grin

From what I've read of croc attacks you don't know they're there until you feel them pulling you back into the water off the side of the river where you've been camping.

One moment they're a set of eye-balls floating on the gently rippling water, and then the next moment they're a ton of prehistoric dinosaur charging at you faster than a man can ran, and with a clamping power of 6000psi.

I'm told they wash the Abos before eating them.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #14 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 11:44am

Is there some Guinness Book Of Records entry for chronic whinging that your bucking for, Herb?

I've never seen anybody whinge as much as what you do.

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print