Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Will God and religion become redundant ?

Yes, as science expands in knowledge    
  9 (60.0%)
No, God will always be believed by the majority.    
  6 (40.0%)

Total votes: 15
« Last Modified by: stryder on: Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:46pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Will God and religion become redundant ? (Read 15396 times)
xiena

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Will God and religion become redundant ?
Reply #30 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 5:10pm

OK, you didn't make the original claim. I accept that. So just to put the issue to bed,  the top ten least educated countries in the world are:

1. Burkina Faso
2. South Sudan
3. Chad
4. Niger
5. Guinea
6. Benin
7. Sierra Leone
8. Ethiopia
9. Mozambique
19. Senegal

Most of those countries are over 99% religious. They are also poor countries. I think that poverty is more of an indicator than religion when it comes to education levels.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #31 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 5:14pm

xiena wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 5:10pm:
OK, you didn't make the original claim. I accept that. So just to put the issue to bed,  the top ten least educated countries in the world are:

1. Burkina Faso - black
2. South Sudan - black
3. Chad - black
4. Niger - black
5. Guinea - black
6. Benin - black
7. Sierra Leone - black
8. Ethiopia- black
9. Mozambique - black
19. Senegal - black

Most of those countries are over 99% religious. They are also poor countries. I think that poverty is more of an indicator than religion when it comes to education levels. 

Yep, could be.

There's also another correlation that you may not have noticed, which could be a factor.  By putting our heads together, we might just get to the bottom of this.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

Blasphemy: a victimless
crime

Adelaide
Reply #32 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 5:18pm

xiena wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 5:10pm:

1. Burkina Faso
2. South Sudan
3. Chad
4. Niger
5. Guinea
6. Benin
7. Sierra Leone
8. Ethiopia
9. Mozambique
19. Senegal

Defiantly, but there are studies that show religiosity is inversely correlated to education. Also poverty is directly correlated to education levels.

IP Logged

xiena

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #33 - Jul 14th, 2014 at 6:59pm

... wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 5:14pm:
Yep, could be.

There's also another correlation that you may not have noticed, which could be a factor.  By putting our heads together, we might just get to the bottom of this.

I don't think so. Zimbabwe and Namibia have higher literacy rates than Turkey, Equador, Mexico and even China. Keep going. Eventually you'll get the hang of it.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #34 - Jul 15th, 2014 at 7:53am

xiena wrote on Jul 14th, 2014 at 6:59pm:
Yep, could be.

I don't think so. Zimbabwe and Namibia have higher literacy rates than Turkey, Equador, Mexico and even China. Keep going. Eventually you'll get the hang of it.

So what?  You were talking about the "most educated countries" which is related to literacy, but it's not the same thing.  Even so, finding 2 black countries that have higher literacy than a couple of other non-black countries isn't much of a finding. 

What is it about noticing patterns that troubles you?  Further, if you don't want other people to notice them, don't bring them to the discussion.

But since we're noticing - I notice that the importance of religion is strongly correlated with dark skin.  As a general rule, the darker the skin, the more important religion is.

Why do you mock and sneer at the culture and beliefs of all the worlds tinted peoples?  Sounds like the new face of white supremacy.
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2014 at 9:33am by ... »  

IP Logged

xiena

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #35 - Jul 15th, 2014 at 7:43pm

I can't post links, but all the sites I have quoted from used literacy rate as a measure of education level.  The title was education level and the measure was literacy rate.

The only correlation I can come up with is that you have a fixation with the color black.

I think the correlation is with equatorial regions. Maybe religion is caused by being too hot - Certainly not black.

Egyptians, Libyans, Moroccans,  Saudi Arabians and Qataris are not black.

... wrote on Jul 15th, 2014 at 7:53am:
Why do you mock and sneer at the culture and beliefs of all the worlds tinted peoples?  Sounds like the new face of white supremacy.

Why do you jump to all the wrong conclusions so often? I was born in Australia but all my antecedents are/were Chinese.
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2014 at 6:10am by xiena »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #36 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 8:07am

xiena wrote on Jul 15th, 2014 at 7:43pm:
Egyptians, Libyans, Moroccans,  Saudi Arabians and Qataris are not black.

The word I used was 'tinted'. 

xiena wrote on Jul 15th, 2014 at 7:43pm:
Why do you jump to all the wrong conclusions so often? I was born in Australia but all my antecedents are/were Chinese.

OK, so it's not white supremacy.  But still, why mock and sneer at the culture and beliefs of all the worlds tinted peoples?

IP Logged

xiena

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #37 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 6:26pm

Your posts have been sneering, not mine. Apart from that unless you're an albino, you're tinted too.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #38 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 8:26pm

xiena wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 6:26pm:
Your posts have been sneering, not mine. Apart from that unless you're an albino, you're tinted too.

yes, I do sneer at racist asswipes, especially if they don't own their racism.

IP Logged

Grand Duke Imam Gandalf

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 11:37pm

I am too busy being a Smart Ass intimidating people so they get banned by backward little old ladies like Annie Anthrax with Free Divers Divers BALLS in my mouth.

IP Logged

xiena

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #40 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 10:07pm

... wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 8:26pm:
xiena wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 6:26pm:

yes, I do sneer at racist asswipes, especially if they don't own their racism.

Careful. If you sneer too much in the mirror, the look can stick.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #41 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 5:57pm

Yep, could be.

So what?  You were talking about the "most educated countries" which is related to literacy, but it's not the same thing.  Even so, finding 2 black countries that have higher literacy than a couple of other non-black countries isn't much of a finding. 

What is it about noticing patterns that troubles you?  Further, if you don't want other people to notice them, don't bring them to the discussion.

But since we're noticing - I notice that the importance of religion is strongly correlated with dark skin.  As a general rule, the darker the skin, the more important religion is.

Considering no major religion was ever started by those with light (ie white) skin it should come as no surprise that the importance of religion is strongly correlated with dark skin.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Nov 10th, 2014 at 10:33pm

Raven wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 5:57pm:
Yep, could be.

Considering no major religion was ever started by those with light (ie white) skin it should come as no surprise that the importance of religion is strongly correlated with dark skin.

hmmmmm, so where does religion stand with these dark skin people in the future as the white race is in decline.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #43 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 7:59am

stryder wrote on Nov 10th, 2014 at 10:33pm:
hmmmmm, so where does religion stand with these dark skin people in the future as the white race is in decline.

Decline being a very loose term.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #44 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 2:25pm

Will the concept of god and associated religions become redundant? (don't you just hate people who repeat a question?)

I don't think so a) because they have been around since before pre-history and still are, and flourishing, and b) because there is something in the psychological nature of man that seeks answers to questions that can never be rationally answered.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print