Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
Less parents immunising children (Read 8802 times)
Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Less parents immunising children
Reply #165 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 12:16pm

Not surprised.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #166 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 12:16pm

No one is.

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

St George of the Garden
Gold Member

http://tinyurl.com/n
3o8m2x

Reply #167 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 1:04pm

It is the 21st century and yet science has rarely been held in such low esteem and gets attacked so frequenly as now. Religious idiots, including our Dear Monkey, want to drag us back to the Middle Ages.

Attacking immunisations is wrong so are BS attacks on climate science and renewable energy.

Somebody always profits by these attacks but it is never the broader community.

I want Muso as GMod. Bring back Muso!
WWW Friends of the National Broadband Network  
IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #168 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 1:06pm

The whole anti-science thing to me is just baffling

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #169 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 1:15pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 1:06pm:

The anti-immunisation thing doesn't indicate much of an anti-science stance. Just a bunch of lentil eating hippies, listening to health food/'natural' remedy sellers, without realising that the anti-immunisation people want to make money.

Even climate skepticism isn't 'anti-science' like the idiots claim.

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

Blasphemy: a victimless
crime

Adelaide
Reply #170 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 3:26pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 1:15pm:

The anti-immunisation thing doesn't indicate much of an anti-science stance. Just a bunch of lentil eating hippies, listening to health food/'natural' remedy sellers, without realising that the anti-immunisation people want to make money.

No it's not specifically, but there is this type of non rational thinking approach that causes people to take the arguments more seriously than they should.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #171 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 3:39pm

Kytro wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 3:26pm:

No it's not specifically, but there is this type of non rational thinking approach that causes people to take the arguments more seriously than they should.

No, the 'anti-science' skepticism is based on a belief in ACTUAL science, rather than politicised 'science'. AGW 'science' is not, in fact, a version of the scientific method.

The people taking the arguments seriously are the ones who really understand how science is supposed to work.

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

crime

Adelaide
Reply #172 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 4:59pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 3:39pm:

No, the 'anti-science' skepticism is based on a belief in ACTUAL science, rather than politicised 'science'. AGW 'science' is not, in fact, a version of the scientific method.

The people taking the arguments seriously are the ones who really understand how science is supposed to work.

Your refusal to accept the weight of evidence an instead accept the arguments only of dissenters is entirely political. This is exactly how politics wrecks rational thinking.

AGW might be false, but based on the evidence we have it likely isn't. Politics is what makes people think otherwise.

There is no political value to AGW. It predicts nothing of political value. People are opposed almost entirely because they dislike the consequences or they politically align with those who do.

I'm sick of hearing the deniers, the same old tired arguments again and again, latching on to any small dissent again and again as if it discredits the good science that has been done. It wouldn't matter how much evidence is presented. This is as bad a chemtrails and homeopathy.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #173 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 5:20pm

Kytro wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 4:59pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 3:39pm:

Your refusal to accept the weight of evidence an instead accept the arguments only of dissenters is entirely political. This is exactly how politics wrecks rational thinking.

AGW might be false, but based on the evidence we have it likely isn't. Politics is what makes people think otherwise.

No, YOUR acceptance of AGW is 'entirely political' There is no where near enough evidence to support the Green/Environmentalist version of the modern climate.

And AGW IS false, the evidence is ridiculous.

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

crime

Adelaide
Reply #174 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:00pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 5:20pm:
]

No, YOUR acceptance of AGW is 'entirely political' There is no where near enough evidence to support the Green/Environmentalist version of the modern climate.

No, it's not. I would really prefer it to be wrong. The weight of the evidence convinces me otherwise.

Your dismissal of our best science that supports AGW and acceptance of the dissenters as more credible makes it hard to take your opinion on this matter seriously. The idea that all our collection of evidence for AGW is flawed and only a tiny proportion of experts has noticed is an incredible claim.

Like I said, I don't believe any evidence can convince you, no matter how strong, because if hasn't yet, it never will. I have gone into depth before about the actual evidence and what it represents.

There is always a possibility that majority interpretation is wrong, that is the nature of scientific inquiry, but this view was built over decades. It simply makes not sense to latch onto a small group of dissenters and assume they must be right unless it is for idealogical reasons.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #175 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:02pm

Kytro wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:00pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 5:20pm:
]

No, it's not. I would really prefer it to be wrong. The weight of the evidence convinces me otherwise.

Your dismissal of our best science that supports AGW and acceptance of the dissenters as more credible makes it hard to take your opinion on this matter seriously. The idea that all our collection of evidence for AGW is flawed and only a tiny proportion of experts has noticed is an incredible claim.

Like I said, I don't believe any evidence can convince you, no matter how strong, because if hasn't yet, it never will. I have gone into depth before about the actual evidence and what it represents.

There is always a possibility that majority interpretation is wrong, that is the nature of scientific inquiry, but this view was built over decades. It simply makes not sense to latch onto a small group of dissenters and assume they must be right unless it is for idealogical reasons.

But the 'weight of evidence' that you are using doesn't line up with the computer models or the real world evidence.

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

crime

Adelaide
Reply #176 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:14pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:02pm:
But the 'weight of evidence' that you are using doesn't line up with the computer models or the real world evidence.

The models have a range of accuracy and line up with observations, what nonsense are you spouting

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #177 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:23pm

Kytro wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:14pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:02pm:

The models have a range of accuracy and line up with observations, what nonsense are you spouting

No they don't. There has been NO noticeable warming for over 15 years. Which the models do NOT show.

Is the coolaid tasty??

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #178 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:31pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 9:49am:
There is one part where the insert admits no adequate and well-controlled studies have been conducted in pregnant women, however the insert then states FLULAVAL should only be given to pregnant women inf clearly needed.

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #179 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:33pm

it_is_the_light wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:31pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 9:49am:
There is one part where the insert admits no adequate and well-controlled studies have been conducted in pregnant women, however the insert then states FLULAVAL should only be given to pregnant women inf clearly needed.

http://infinivert.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/3p38ni.jpg

A very sad attempt wharfy

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print