Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print
Adopting a cat (Read 28308 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Adopting a cat
Reply #180 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 7:22am

what a load of bollocks....everyone knows cats sleep with one eye open.. they are on full alert 24/7..

its the nature of the beast.. its called survival..

stressed if you could see mine laying on their back flat as a tack.. sun full on  the body of course.. then sitting in front of their dish.. waiting for the tuna....I will give them stressed........its me thats stressed...

as for petting and stroking.. my cats nudge me to stroke them...and they are quite demanding...

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #181 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 10:26am

cods wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 7:22am:
what a load of bollocks....everyone knows cats sleep with one eye open.. they are on full alert 24/7..

Yeah I've noticed this.  only time I see her sleep is when she's fallen asleep ON me.

as for petting and stroking.. my cats nudge me to stroke them...and they are quite demanding...

Mine does this when I come home for work for a few minutes, then usually goes back to lying in the sun.

My cat is just over a year old now, and weighs 3.5kg which I'm told is small.  She was rescued from the RSPCA while she was pregnant long before cats should have a litter, and i'm wondering if that might have effected her growth in any way?

Any other things that I should know about young mum cats?

Pete Waldo wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 11:24pm:
Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #182 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 4:15pm

Stratos wrote on Oct 9th, 2014 at 10:26am:

Yeah I've noticed this.  only time I see her sleep is when she's fallen asleep ON me.

Mine does this when I come home for work for a few minutes, then usually goes back to lying in the sun.

My cat is just over a year old now, and weighs 3.5kg which I'm told is small.  She was rescued from the RSPCA while she was pregnant long before cats should have a litter, and i'm wondering if that might have effected her growth in any way?

Any other things that I should know about young mum cats?

did she have the litter??>.. as she is RSPCA then she is fixed up..so nothing to worry about.. it doesnt mean they do not like the boys of course and the boys still like them...if there is a Tom around you will get visits and she will want to go out and play... nudge nudge...but I am sure she will settle down and its lovely you have taken i  a stray...both my cats were gifts...I have to admit not a lot of vet bills.. I have found dogs cost me more in that dept.. unless I am just unlucky... or lucky which ever way you look at it...

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #183 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 10:11pm

cods wrote on Oct 9th, 2014 at 4:15pm:
did she have the litter?

Yeah, all of her kittens got adopted and then I took her home.  As with all RSPCA pets, she is desexed and microchipped.

Pete Waldo wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 11:24pm:
Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

St George of the Garden
Gold Member

http://tinyurl.com/n
3o8m2x

Reply #184 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 8:07pm

I want Muso as GMod. Bring back Muso!
WWW Friends of the National Broadband Network  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #185 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 6:14am

St George of the Garden wrote on Oct 11th, 2014 at 8:07pm:

that is exactly like my cat ginger... big, fat, relaxed.. leaves lumps of fur all over the place..only wants to go out after I have sat down.... sleeps all day parties all night.....a real bad dude.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #186 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 8:21am

I've never been partial to ginger cats and have found every one of them that I've encountered to be aggressive. Perhaps there is something in the gene like the human red head which makes them fiery and short tempered.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #187 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 8:47am

mantra wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 8:21am:
I've never been partial to ginger cats and have found every one of them that I've encountered to be aggressive. Perhaps there is something in the gene like the human red head which makes them fiery and short tempered.

morning mantra.. lol.. my cat is female and shes beautiful and warm and friendly and pushy and charming and demanding.. all things cats are I am afraid...at the moment moulting all over my house...but she loves me...she brings me in dead bodies to share... ughhhhhhhhhhhhh at least my other cat doesnt do that even she jumps when she sees them...erkkkkkkk just thinking about them..

I find them very companionable mantra yet at the same time very independent...which helps if I forget the water.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #188 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 9:20am

Morning Cods. A couple of times when I've forgotten water - the cats have jumped into the bathtub and licked the drops - so they're definitely innovative.

I know you love your cats Cods and I'm sure your ginger cat is beautiful - ginger cats are pretty. I've had some bad bites and scratches from ginger cats and would never attempt to pat one again.

The cats I'm stuck with aren't that affectionate, but that suits me if they're content with being given just their basic needs.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #189 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 9:29am

Cods,
Quote:
she brings me in dead bodies to share

You are their family -

they are bringing back food for the family -

it's instinct.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #190 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 9:30am

Mantra,
Quote:
I've had some bad bites and scratches from ginger cats and
would never attempt to pat one again.

Many ginger cats are nice.

All cats will bite & scratch if you push them too far.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #191 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 10:35am

Bobby. wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 9:30am:
Many ginger cats are nice.All cats will bite & scratch if you push them too far.

I would never push a cat for affection. I've been attacked by ginger cats just walking a metre or so away from them. Even the few times one has walked up to me for a pat and I've put out my hand - they've scratched me.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #192 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 3:35pm

mantra wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 10:35am:
Many ginger cats are nice.All cats will bite & scratch if you push them too far.

I would never push a cat for affection. I've been attacked by ginger cats just walking a metre or so away from them. Even the few times one has walked up to me for a pat and I've put out my hand - they've scratched me.

That would be a rare cat that would attack you for no reason -
I've only seen one like that in my whole life.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #193 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 3:49pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 9:29am:
Cods,
Quote:
she brings me in dead bodies to share

You are their family -

they are bringing back food for the family -

it's instinct.

well I tell her NO THANK YOU..she has even come in with one alive in her mouth and I scream the place down...I kid you not.. size doesnt matter with this cat..one she left at my front door was so big my daughter had to come over and remove it.. even her son wouldnt go near it...gross... I am sorry but catch of the day is not for me..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #194 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 3:54pm

mantra wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 10:35am:

seems odd maybe you give off a bad vibe mantra and I mean that in the nicest way....but they do sense fear and they can take is as threat....dont forget they still have wild instincts for survival try ignoring them if they come towards you and never make eye contact..

me thinks deep down you are scared of cats and it comes across to them...I think its great you have given a home to a couple not many would do that if they didnt really like them so well done mantra..

male cats are territorial...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print