Bidding farewell (Read 13056 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Bidding farewell
Reply #15 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 5:22pm

bogarde73,

Sorry for your loss.

We do miss the presence of our beloved pets when they 'pass'.

In the days and weeks after they pass, we still yearn to see them, every day.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #16 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 10:04pm

My heart goes out to you all.  Sad

Nothing would be what it is,
Because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary-wise - what it is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

The Mole
Gold Member

http://www.ozpolitic
.co/album/forum-atta
chments/y

Reply #17 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:25pm

So sorry to hear about your dog Bogarde. 
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:31pm by The Mole »  

"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave"

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 9:51am

Our pets are often our truest friends and losing a true friend is heart breaking.  No greater companion, no better friend.

Sorry for your loss (times two), Bogarde.   Cry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 2nd, 2014 at 9:47am

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 29th, 2014 at 2:59pm:
Well I know I'm not popular with the big bloke upstairs but this is putting the boot in too soon.
Got back from picking the neighbour up from hospital this morning to find another dog had to be put down.
He was fit & well last night. There you go.
I think though one of the other dogs might have known last night what was coming . . he was very down & depressed.

they do know they absolutely do....give yourself a big pat on the back. not many people care for 4 dogs these days.. and you said they were getting along in years.. and I am sure everyone of them great...well done to you bogy....its like losing a mate isnt it?...but he was loved and thats all doggie ever want really.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #20 - Oct 2nd, 2014 at 10:15am

Thank you cods. I'm feeling particularly down this morning because while I was out for a walk I came across a dog who had got himself out of his yard and into a paddock he couldn't get home from. So I had to knock up the lady whose dog it was because I thought he might get run over. All of this brought me down I'm afraid.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Oct 2nd, 2014 at 10:42am

bogarde73 wrote on Oct 2nd, 2014 at 10:15am:
Thank you cods. I'm feeling particularly down this morning because while I was out for a walk I came across a dog who had got himself out of his yard and into a paddock he couldn't get home from. So I had to knock up the lady whose dog it was because I thought he might get run over. All of this brought me down I'm afraid.

Well, it cheered me up a little. Silver lining.

Chin up and all the best.  Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 2nd, 2014 at 10:51am

bogarde73 wrote on Oct 2nd, 2014 at 10:15am:

thats ok shows what a good heart you have and not many people give a stuff these days about a dog running lose...there should be more people like you who give a damn about someone else....just think you made that lady and her little pet happy just by caring.....a nice arm feeling I am thinking...and your little mates would be wagging their tails I am sure..

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #23 - Oct 2nd, 2014 at 10:52am

All the best Bog _ I had the same experience 2 years ago -Myself and Daughter were both devastated I know how tough it is.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #24 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 1:57pm

Sad day in the Red household today!

Had to finally have our 17 1/2 year old Oriental Cat Rani put down.

She was the loveliest old cat right to the end, slept on the bed every night. Trouble was near the end , she couldnt even jump up onto the bed, so we would be awoken by scratching on the side of the bed at all hours of the night.
This would be followed by loud purring for the next hour or so.

Cry

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #25 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 2:23pm

I offer my sympathy. Bear up.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 2:58pm

Sorry to hear that Redneck.   It's always a very difficult time  Cry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 10:30am

Redmond Neck wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 1:57pm:

She was the loveliest old cat right to the end, slept on the bed every night. Trouble was near the end , she couldnt even jump up onto the bed, so we would be awoken by scratching on the side of the bed at all hours of the night.

Cry

thats pretty much over a 100 in human years isnt it red??>.a pretty lucky cat I would say....and you were blessed to have her in your family for 17.5 years..... I think we live with them not the other way round.....I am sure she is purring away in cat heaven right now. licking her paws....

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #28 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 10:53am

cods wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 10:30am:

Cry

thats pretty much over a 100 in human years isnt it red??>.a pretty lucky cat I would say....and you were blessed to have her in your family for 17.5 years..... I think we live with them not the other way round.....I am sure she is purring away in cat heaven right now. licking her paws....

I would have thought the same cods, but using the calculators on the net suggests about 87 human years

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 6:53pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 10:53am:
cods wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 10:30am:

Cry

I would have thought the same cods, but using the calculators on the net suggests about 87 human years

still not a bad innings though as not many cats live to that ripe old age....I have always said I want to come back as a pampered something or other    cat or dog...will do.

they only have to turn their tail up at the divine tuna/chicken/in sauce and mum or dad rush out and buy something else.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

where as little johnny/hillary  turns their nose up at the spinach casserole....and they  sit there for as long as it takes.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print