Send Topic Print
Why so much.... (Read 4316 times)
Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Why so much....
Apr 22nd, 2014 at 1:30am

.... hatred and ridicule directed towards Christians?

I logged in hoping that I wouldn't see the grossly offensive "Santa Died For Your Sins" thread and find (not exactly to my surprise, I must say) that it is still active and has not disappeared off the first few pages of threads due to people having enough sense to recognise it for the rubbish it is.  And it has been joined now by "Jesus, one death for my sins is not enough" and "Darlings, don't get hung up over Easter".  I don't know why anyone would set out to deliberately offend people in this way, as I can't imagine that those who started these attacks actually want to seriously discuss anything.  They certainly have no respect for others.

I am fast coming to the conclusion that this forum is not a place that I want to visit.  I have better things to do with my time that log on to a "forum" and be confronted by the ravings of bigots and idiots.

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Re: Why so much....
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 1:33am

many blessings ,

some cower from the dark and their vitriol

others hold their sword of christ light aloft

and do battle against these minions of satan

and lucifer

in christs divine light

a humble servant

love and light unto all hearts

forgive them ,

these know not what they do

namaste

/

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 6:24am

"Santa Died For Your Sins"

"Jesus, one death for my sins is not enough"

"Darlings, don't get hung up over Easter"

Legitimate bible discussion topics? Maybe. Imagine if no one questioned the bible?

Frances, no need to shy away, just try not to interact with threads that may offend you, same as the trolls, best ignored.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 7:00am

soft target frances.

Also, from my psycho analysis of the zealous aetheist, I find a lot of them are deeply troubled and probably deeply worried that they are a "rudderless ship".

I think this leads to what freud called a "reaction formation" or was it "counter transference". Anyway, my feeling is that their rather mob like mentality in attacking the concept of god (Christian or otherwise) is their way of reassuring themselves that they are right and by having other zealous aethiests post as well, their is a sort of 'safety in numbers ' phenomenom going on.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in much of the bible, and I like a mixture of Buddhism and Christianity, but I find the new testament , on the whole, a very very good self help book.

Those who don't want help....well I suppose they think Microsoft, macdonalds and the xbox will provide meaning for their lives.  they will realise one day the great wisdom of the spiritual geniuses they have chosen to ignore.  karma innit Wink

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 7:02am

it_is_the_light wrote on Apr 22nd, 2014 at 1:33am:
many blessings ,

some cower from the dark and their vitriol

others hold their sword of christ light aloft

and do battle against these minions of satan

and lucifer

in christs divine light

a humble servant

love and light unto all hearts

forgive them ,

these know not what they do

namaste

/

good post light,  much better than your posts on MF370 and the freemasons   B +

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 7:12am

Frances wrote on Apr 22nd, 2014 at 1:30am:

I logged in hoping that I wouldn't see the grossly offensive "Santa Died For Your Sins" thread and find (not exactly to my surprise, I must say) that it is still active and has not disappeared off the first few pages of threads due to people having enough sense to recognise it for the rubbish it is.  And it has been joined now by "Jesus, one death for my sins is not enough" and "Darlings, don't get hung up over Easter".  I don't know why anyone would set out to deliberately offend people in this way, as I can't imagine that those who started these attacks actually want to seriously discuss anything.  They certainly have no respect for others.

I am fast coming to the conclusion that this forum is not a place that I want to visit.  I have better things to do with my time that log on to a "forum" and be confronted by the ravings of bigots and idiots.

Dear Frances,
I would participate & show the "bigots" up rather than hide away with
a separate thread on the side.

e.g.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1397980491/15#17

You must carry the cross of Christ if you are a believer.

I added to the thread here too:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1214199336/300

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 7:21am

A bit of an over reaction on your part, don't you think?

Reminds me of the Monty Python crew discussing the fury they roused when the first screened 'The Life of Brian'... Sure these threads don't have the wit or genius of that film, but really? In the 21st century we're playing offended?

Although in the US both right wing Christian and Muslim groups claim to be offended by the film 'Noah', because, among other reasons, as reports Bill Maher, "It doesn't take the Noah story literally enough"!

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 7:23am

Bobby. wrote on Apr 22nd, 2014 at 7:12am:

Dear Frances,
I would participate & show the "bigots" up rather than hide away with
a separate thread on the side.

e.g.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1397980491/15#17

You must carry the cross of Christ if you are a believer.

I added to the thread here too:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1214199336/300

Mark 10  KJV

Quote:
[21] Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 9:14am

The interesting thing is that many of those attacking Christianity will be the first to defend Islam when it's being attacked. There is some very interesting psychology going on here. There's books, phds, journal articles all waiting to be written on this phenomenon.

IP Logged

Peter Freedman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wellington
Reply #9 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 10:35am

There are good Christians, I know many.

There are bad, I know a few.

While I do not prescribe to Christianity, I try to live but its teachings.

They are sound, sensible and quite beautiful, leading to a very healthy lifestyle in your dealings with others.

God grant me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and, above all, the wisdom to tell the difference.

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 10:39am

Peter, I agree.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 10:48am

tolerance Francis... thats what true religion is about..you wont shut anyone up by saying you dont like what they say...I always say.. come back in 15 years and tell me you still think the same..

I watched a show by accident on ABC about the Amish'..and how some are leaving and going to a less judgemental church..

the church they chose seemed just as demanding.. however the Amish church found no forgiveness or tolerance. for those that left they excommunicated them..like most cults do..split whole families.

is that really true religion???..

no understanding,

no no matter how far you wander we love you...

we will always be here for you.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

none whatsoever.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #12 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 10:58am

What pigeon hole does dear Frances place herself in we all wonder in complete boredom  Roll Eyes

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #13 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 10:59am

aquascoot wrote on Apr 22nd, 2014 at 7:00am:
soft target frances.

Also, from my psycho analysis of the zealous aetheist, I find a lot of them are deeply troubled and probably deeply worried that they are a "rudderless ship".

I think this leads to what freud called a "reaction formation" or was it "counter transference". Anyway, my feeling is that their rather mob like mentality in attacking the concept of god (Christian or otherwise) is their way of reassuring themselves that they are right and by having other zealous aethiests post as well, their is a sort of 'safety in numbers ' phenomenom going on.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in much of the bible, and I like a mixture of Buddhism and Christianity, but I find the new testament , on the whole, a very very good self help book.

Those who don't want help....well I suppose they think Microsoft, macdonalds and the xbox will provide meaning for their lives.  they will realise one day the great wisdom of the spiritual geniuses they have chosen to ignore.  karma innit Wink

Left v right I suppose innit  Grin

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #14 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 11:02am

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Apr 22nd, 2014 at 9:14am:

The interesting thing is that many of those attacking Christianity will be the first to defend Islam when it's being attacked. There is some very interesting psychology going on here. There's books, phds, journal articles all waiting to be written on this phenomenon.

Blooming hell: where do you work again?  Shocked

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print