Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Is anyone else sick of the royal family? (Read 21994 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: Is anyone else sick of the royal family?
Reply #135 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 12:56pm

OldnCrusty wrote on Apr 21st, 2014 at 8:41am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 20th, 2014 at 9:04pm:
I think the fellow who did the news tonight on channel nine got it right when he said that the royal couple were doing a fantastic job of selling Australia to the tourist industry around the world.

Next summer there'll be a glut of tourists coming here to see all the sights while dropping a few pennies.

You couldn't be so gullible to believe that drivel could you. Roll Eyes

The world is not interested in the Royal effing family.

The world is actually fascinated with the Royal family because it's a real-life soapie that has all the elements of sex-and-violence, intrigue and mystery, illegitimate offspring and skeletons in the cupboard, and much MUCH more!

Welcome to the board, OldnCrusty.

You would be lucky to find 10% of Australians that are genuinely interested.

What do you mean by 'genuinely' interested? Who's 'genuinely' interested in anything nowadays except which teams are playing Footy this weekend, and what are the favourites running at the track today?

The Royals are a pleasant and harmless diversion from the usual drive-by shootings and other Muslim mischief from our inner-suburbs.

Which is the whole point; the Royals would not be here if it wasn't for the PR exercise feeding a superficial mercenary press corp.

To add insult to injury we get to pay for The Firm's branding exercise in Oz.

You've skipped over what I said about the Royals having put the spotlight on Australia to stimulate the tourist industry next summer.

IP Logged

OldnCrusty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 1:09pm

sherri wrote on Apr 21st, 2014 at 8:49am:
I haven't seen any evidene that any members of the royal family were actually paedophiles themselves or knew that Savile was.
Oh, and I am not a royalist, but fair's fair.

Ah come on Sherri - you're letting truth get in the way of a good story. Your logic is spoiling a good conspiracy - how will Light get through the day without a new conspiracy to explain his world (it not me, its them).

Spoil sport. Party pooper  Embarrassed

IP Logged

OldnCrusty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 1:28pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 21st, 2014 at 12:56pm:
The world is actually fascinated with the Royal family because it's a real-life soapie that has all the elements of sex-and-violence, intrigue and mystery, illegitimate offspring and skeletons in the cupboard, and much MUCH more!

The world is interested? Spare me please. There maybe a handful in Britain, France, Germany japan and America - but the world is a big place. You might be talking of 2% of 10%.

Just how superficial do you want a be anyway?

Welcome to the board, OldnCrusty.

Thanks - for how long is the question.

What do you mean by 'genuinely' interested?

How many would even goggle let alone turn up for William and Kate if there wasn't saturation media and hyperbole overload. In Australia it would be less than 1%.

The Royals are a pleasant and harmless diversion from the usual drive-by shootings and other Muslim mischief from our inner-suburbs.

Just how superficial do you want a be anyway?

That's a Motherhood statement - of course people want the diverison rather than the truth. But don't use words like Historical Visit.

You've skipped over what I said about the Royals having put the spotlight on Australia to stimulate the tourist industry next summer.

I called that as BS spin - it won't happen.

(And you would get a better result by a tourist campaign of $30mill rather than pay that amount for this archaic pageant of self indulgence.)

This obsession is media driven feeding on cultural cringe.

Grow up Australia.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #138 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 1:59pm

OldnCrusty wrote on Apr 21st, 2014 at 1:28pm:
The world is interested? Spare me please. There maybe a handful in Britain, France, Germany japan and America - but the world is a big place. You might be talking of 2% of 10%.

If they're not all that popular then how come they're treated like royalty wherever they go?

What do you mean by 'genuinely' interested?

How many would even goggle let alone turn up for William and Kate if there wasn't saturation media and hyperbole overload. In Australia it would be less than 1%.

You're forgetting that almost everyone now has a mobile phone camera ... and this capability spurs interest even more than was the case before this technological innovation.

That's a Motherhood statement - of course people want the diverison rather than the truth. But don't use words like Historical Visit.

Hysterical visit?

But it is history we are observing here with the royals. Even the Abos have been gracious hosts in not putting up a big protest about it. Only a small group became a little vocal up there in Brisbane. 90% of Abos thank God it was the British who arrived here first instead of one of the cut-throat nations to our north.

Incidentally, the royals are visiting Ayers Rock today.

« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2014 at 2:12pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #139 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 6:39pm

Penny Pinching Prince? Britain's Charles won't share riches with public

Published on Apr 21, 2014
Prince Charles is a member of one of the richest monarchies in the world but he faces questions for being penny-pinching. His private income from a swathe of inherited land and laws rakes in a tidy sum. Polly Boiko reports on calls to share the money with the public who pay for it.

RT LIVE http://rt.com/on-air

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #140 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 7:13pm

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #141 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 7:26pm

Like a nice little ray of sunshine the William Kate and George have come to visit us and spread happiness wherever they have gone.

Which is more than I can than I can say about the misery guts scratching out their bile on this thread.

The Royals' visit has given the general population a 'bounce' worth whatever it costs.

I live in the Mountains, near where  the great fires  caused havoc last year. I can tell you that the residents of Winmalee enjoyed a great lift in morale when the Royals came to visit and showed great compassion. It was just what this fighting Mountains Village needed  after all the despair and hundreds of homes lost.

Now that was bloody well worth it, all on its own!

PS Incidentally since the good publicity for the Mountains, the tourists have flocked back in numbers I haven't seen for years since the Royal visit.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #142 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 7:50pm

red baron wrote on Apr 21st, 2014 at 7:26pm:
Like a nice little ray of sunshine the William Kate and George have come to visit us and spread happiness wherever they have gone.

Which is more than I can than I can say about the misery guts scratching out their bile on this thread.

The Royals' visit has given the general population a 'bounce' worth whatever it costs.

I live in the Mountains, near where  the great fires  caused havoc last year. I can tell you that the residents of Winmalee enjoyed a great lift in morale when the Royals came to visit and showed great compassion. It was just what this fighting Mountains Village needed  after all the despair and hundreds of homes lost.

PS Incidentally since the good publicity for the Mountains, the tourists have flocked back in numbers I haven't seen for years since the Royal visit.

I hereby pronounce thee -    Lord Red Baron.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #143 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 7:56pm

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #144 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 7:58pm

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #145 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 7:59pm

many blessings ,

im sure they waved to all the peasants ..

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 6:06am

I SEE SHEEPLE

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

OldnCrusty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #147 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 8:16am

Is that Red Neck or Red Baron.

I call BS to your assertions.

How long will the 'bounce' last, 30min, a day, a week? What the Blue Mountains needs is the ongoing support of AUSTRALIAN govt's and the AUSTRALIAN people.

How starry eyed Warm Inner Glow romanticism is that! And how many people actually believe it?

Move on Australia.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 8:26am

I'm not sick of the royals.
Horse lovers.
Princess anne made the Olympics.
Zara Phillips is one of the worlds top cross country eventers (a sport that requires incredible courage)
Wills flies choppers.
Charles has  the best vegetable seed diversity garden in England and has personally saved 20 species of beans and peas that would have died out due to Monsanto crop uniformity.
the queen , in 60 years, has never put a foot wrong , as opposed to politicians , blair etc who cant seem to get anything right.

I think the republicans are in for a rude shock when the queen dies and they realise(through public outpourings of grief) just what a huge figure she was/is and what insignificant little twerps the republican agitators are  Wink

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #149 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 9:21am

OldnCrusty wrote on Apr 22nd, 2014 at 8:16am:

Is that Red Neck or Red Baron.

I call BS to your assertions.

Certainly not me (Redneck),

I dont mind them visiting as long as they pay the massive bill that goes with the visit.

As far as racing around the country trying to see them, I would rather go fishing!!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Send Topic Print