Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Good Samaritan for Australia (Read 234 times)
John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

The Good Samaritan for Australia
Apr 16th, 2014 at 8:52am

The parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37) is one of the New Testament’s best-known and most powerful stories.

It’s an old story in need of updating for a modern audience. In 21st century Australia, the tale might go like this:
A man was on his way from Jerusalem to Jericho when he was attacked by robbers. The robbers stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went on their away, leaving him half dead.

A priest happened to be going down the same road and, upon seeing the man, crossed the road to pass him by. So too a Levite when he came to the place, and saw the helpless man, passed him by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he travelled, came to where the man lay; and when he saw him, the Samaritan took pity on him.
The Samaritan realised the man was not of his kind. Nonetheless, he put the man on his own donkey and took him to a prison in his village.

As it happened, the priest and the Levite stopped at the village on the road to Jericho, where they saw the man locked up. The priest asked the Samaritan what crime the man had committed.

“None,” replied the Samaritan, “I need to lock him up until I can ascertain his identity. There are many bad characters on the road between Jerusalem and Jericho. I must detain him for his safety and for ours.”

“May I see the man so that I may bandage his wounds and pour oil and wine for him?” asked the Levite.

“You may not,” said the Samaritan. “That’s an operational matter.”

The priest and the Levite left the prison and concerned themselves no more.

The next day the Samaritan asked the injured man for two denarii and gave them to the prison keeper.

“Look after him,” the Samaritan said, “and when I return, I will make sure he reimburses you for any extra expense you may have.”

The Samaritan was pleased; he had kept the borders safe and the budget was under control.

It was he who decided who came to his village and the circumstances in which they came.

- See more at: http://nofibs.com.au/2014/04/15/the-australian-easter-parable-of-the-good-samari...

'The worst Labor Government is always better then the best Liberal government for Australians workers'
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: The Good Samaritan for Australia
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 10:07am

The Good Samaritan for Australia VIII

A bunch of thugs and hooligans had usuroed power in the peaceful realm of Ozztralia.
They immediately invited over all of their kind whilst still deceiving the good honest tax payers of Ozztralia.
Many of their own kind died on the perilous trip to Ozztralia.
It seemed the thugs did not care for even their own kind.

The assassinations within the bunch of thug gang finally alerted the good people as to what the thugs were really doing.

tbc

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 10:21am

Wink Wink SPRINT.

A good Samaritan would be moved by the suffering in the refugee camps where the truly needy wait in silent suffering.

Jesus would be on the deck of the navy ship and when he saw the wicked money handlers and queue jumpers emerging from an Indonesian port he would react as he did in the temple.
He would drive them back from whence they came.
He would say unto these queue jumpers
"the first shall be last and the last shall be first"
He would say
"it is now harder for a queue jumper to enter Australian waters than it is for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle."

He would then annoint scott morrison as one of his disciples .

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 10:32am

.......... and the people rejoiced as the remnants of the thugs were vanquished ............

Amen

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 11:41am

Human garbage, .... Meh!

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 12:47pm

Sorry drah. You are too late, the story has closed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print