Knights and Dames! (Read 26443 times)
Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Re: Knights and Dames!
Reply #360 - Mar 31st, 2014 at 7:05pm

cods wrote on Mar 31st, 2014 at 6:34pm:
Neferti wrote on Mar 31st, 2014 at 6:07pm:
Don't worry, Skip, you and I will never have to bow down to Abbott to get Knighted. I voted Yes to the Republic that we didn't get but I care less who gets a "title" ... it is meaningless in any case

its a title of respect....in days of yore it went to HEROS.... then it went pear shaped and more or less anyone got one...winning a game of cricket...
someone spare me... Roll Eyes..

at least these titles are just a part of the Australian Medal honours ... something to show if you like.. and hopefully rarely given for just bloody turning up...

its no different to being given the V .C. for going that extra mile...they are just special..

and as we know..

if you dont want it.. you dont have to take it..

very simple really....

if someone is insulted....well I am sure they will get an apology from the PM.. for daring to make such an offer..

and lefties all thinking they are all the same.. will never have to worry about giving or receiving this honour..it will never be theirs to share.

Cods,

I've actually met a few Sirs and Ladies, socially.  It was NOT an inherited title, as you say, but one received for honour, much as the AOA is these days.

Plus, if I remember correctly, Abbott was only bringing this back for people who were appointed to Public Service (such as the GG), not for ex-Prime Ministers and the like.

I take that as "we" could work for our favourite charity for eons and get an AOA and no "title".  Good.

Sir Blah Blah is usually chinless in any event. Those of the working class Left tend to think anyone with a title is posh and should be reviled.  Seems to be many on this Forum.  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 
Send Topic Print