Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Congratulations Denmark. No more halal. (Read 31975 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Congratulations Denmark. No more halal.
Reply #60 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 4:10pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 8:02am:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 5:01am:
coles and woolies too mixed for muslims to be sure of getting halal

I've never shopped at IGA for meat, there's more than enough at coles.

How unAustralian of you, G.

I’m a vegetarian. We’re quite anticapitalist when it comes to meat..

I like meat - I grew up on it. The only reason I don’t eat it is I’d like to see the meat industry put.out of business.

Mind you, I’m quite partial to a piece of Danish stool.

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 5:57pm

freediver wrote on Feb 21st, 2014 at 12:27pm:
Sure. They publish the money trail to terrorist organisations on their website.

Hey, just wondering what you meant by this?

Pete Waldo wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 11:24pm:
Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #62 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 6:33pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 8:02am:
coles and woolies too mixed for muslims to be sure of getting halal

lillydale chicken is halal which they sell at coles. There may be bits and pieces of steggles which woolies sells that is halal, but we just stick with lillydale. There are lots of pre-cooked packaged meat that both sell - eg those suncorp instant rice meals (both red and white meat).

I've never shopped at IGA for meat, there's more than enough at coles.

Yeh, my friend seemed to think it was a mix a mix of non-halal and halal... you are saying it is but certain shops sell halal and you can trust that!

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #63 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 6:36pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 8:12am:
So, who knows...  Cheesy

I don't mind if witchdoctors from the various religions go around the abattoirs splashing 'Holy Water' onto everything they see, but it's quite a different matter when the general public is made the unwitting collaborator in the practice of not having the livestock stunned before the throats are cut.

Shocked Shocked

The free-flow of information is a necessity to any semblance of the idea of a free-market so I require that all lib voters take such things as you say into consideration!

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #64 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 6:36pm

Stratos wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 5:57pm:

I meant that no, I do not have proof that the money ends up with terrorists. For all I know the money could end up in education funds (to be siphoned off by the AFIC).

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 6:43pm

freediver wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 6:36pm:
Stratos wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 5:57pm:

I meant that no, I do not have proof that the money ends up with terrorists..

Thanks, FD. That’s all the proof we need right there. It’s now an established fact.

Pity we don’t have Abu around anymore. If he rebutted this assertion, it would be established beyond any reasonable doubt.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #66 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 7:25pm

Quote:
Dinner lady sacked for serving Muslim children with non-halal meat at multi-faith school.

Parents forced headmaster to apologise for 'insulting' their faith.

Birmingham school has both Muslim students and those of other faiths.

All 1,400 students at Moseley School are served Halal meat only.

link

In the fullness of time there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth ...

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #67 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 8:08pm

freediver wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 9:06am:
It is not a "textbook example of how capitalism is supposed to work" when businesses are forced out of a market (the one market they are in) by government intervention

Actually its the MUI that is being forced out of business - or at least forced to compromise. The Queensland abbatoirs who are boycotting are demonstrating their bargaining power, and either the MUI will relent and offer more reasonable terms, or the Australian producers will find a better deal elsewhere. Or in other words, exploiters will be punished - exactly as per classic free market theory

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #68 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 8:14pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 21st, 2014 at 10:06pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 21st, 2014 at 9:08pm:
OK, so explain how this is a textbook example of how capitalism is supposed to work?

Simply that Party A enters into a trade agreement with Party B, who gets too greedy and thinks the agreement gives them carte blanche to extort as much as they want from Party A. Party A simply walks away from the agreement since it is not a mutually profitable agreement, and in a competitive market, seeks out a more reasonable trading partner. Party B loses out because until they back down and offer more reasonable terms, they end up out of business.

The point being that, in accordance to classical free market theory, the market will create its own equilibrium - that there is no room for exploiters, and only mutually beneficial trade agreements will work.

- ECONOMIC EXCHANGE TAKES PLACE WHEN BOTH PARTIES SEE VALUE IN THAT EXCHANGE!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #69 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 8:45pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 8:08pm:
It is not a "textbook example of how capitalism is supposed to work" when businesses are forced out of a market (the one market they are in) by government intervention

Actually its the MUI that is being forced out of business - or at least forced to compromise. The Queensland abbatoirs who are boycotting are demonstrating their bargaining power, and either the MUI will relent and offer more reasonable terms, or the Australian producers will find a better deal elsewhere. Or in other words, exploiters will be punished - exactly as per classic free market theory

That is still not a free market, by a long shot. They are not negotiating with their customers. They are negotiating with the money grubbing whores who stand between them and their customers, demanding a cut. A free market works effectively when there are multiple players one each side competing on a level playing field. Forcing the abattoirs to act as a monopoly to counter the power of a government-imposed monopoly of extortionists is the opposite of how a free market should work. Islam may build an economy out of people stealing from each other. We don't. No amount of spin and platitudes is going to make this look any different.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #70 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 9:29pm

freediver wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 8:45pm:
Islam may build an economy out of people stealing from each other. We don't.

Are you looking for a defense from me? Sorry you won't get it. Its both immoral and dumb.

I read an article the other day that said trade was booming with Indonesia - both live export and frozen packaged. Not sure what happened, but presumably these QLD abattoirs are no longer boycotting the certifiers - presumably because the MUI caved.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #71 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 9:44pm

freediver wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 8:45pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 8:08pm:

That is still not a free market, by a long shot. They are not negotiating with their customers. They are negotiating with the money grubbing whores who stand between them and their customers, demanding a cut. A free market works effectively when there are multiple players one each side competing on a level playing field. Forcing the abattoirs to act as a monopoly to counter the power of a government-imposed monopoly of extortionists is the opposite of how a free market should work. Islam may build an economy out of people stealing from each other. We don't. No amount of spin and platitudes is going to make this look any different.

I you are saying free-markets require no middle-men then well well well... guess what: no free markets exist anywhere!

Wink Wink

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #72 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 9:45pm

Quote:
Are you looking for a defense from me?

I am looking for you to stop pretending that this is an example of how capitalism is supposed to work. That's just dumb.

Quote:
I read an article the other day that said trade was booming with Indonesia - both live export and frozen packaged. Not sure what happened, but presumably these QLD abattoirs are no longer boycotting the certifiers - presumably because the MUI caved.

And what is your point? That because they are extorting less money now it is an example of how capitalism is supposed to work?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #73 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 10:39pm

freediver wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 9:45pm:
I am looking for you to stop pretending that this is an example of how capitalism is supposed to work. That's just dumb.

If what I suspect has happened, happened - that MUI was forced by their consumers' bargaining power to cave in and agree to more reasonable terms, then it is a textbook example of how capitalism is supposed to work.

Quote:

IP Logged

Pete Waldo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

U.S.
Reply #74 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 10:57pm

U.S. consumers sure ended Butterball's blunder - of thinking it would be a good idea to peddle turkeys that were sacrificed to the Quraish pagan's black stone idol in Mecca - in a New York minute.
What were they thinking! (I think Pamela Geller can take a large part of the credit for outing that evil.)
Here's how their page looked for a month or two, before the comments started coming in:

Link to the cached page:
http://web.archive.org/web/20111108024158/http://www.butterballcorp.com/intl/
Last paragraph:
"As an international turkey provider, we have the expertise in serving different countries and different customs, and will work with you to meet any and all product needs. We have met the requirements for the following certifications: USDA Approved, Russian Approved, Halal Certified, and employ a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HAACP) food safety system with Good Manufacturing processes. From great customer service to new product innovation to the proper certifications, Butterball has the experience you need to get our great tasting turkey in your market."
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2014 at 11:05pm by Pete Waldo »  

Truth can never be told so as to be understood and not be believed. ~ William Blake
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Send Topic Print