Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 70
Send Topic Print
underage marriage in Sydney (Read 108881 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
underage marriage in Sydney
Feb 8th, 2014 at 8:16pm

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/alleged-underage-marriage-uncovered-when...

Astonished that no one has posted this yet.

This is of serious concern which warrants some serious level-headed discussion (fat chance I know). As both the Islamic health service and the state  government acknowledge, this is "far more prevalent and well-known than people think".

The islamic community in Sydney needs to take responsibility here and tackle this disturbing issue head on.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Yours truly

Australian Politics

Re: underage marriage in Sydney
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 8:22pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 8th, 2014 at 8:16pm:

This is of serious concern which warrants some serious level-headed discussion (fat chance I know). As both the Islamic health service and the state  government acknowledge, this is "far more prevalent and well-known than people think".

The islamic community in Sydney needs to take responsibility here and tackle this disturbing issue head on.

yet, you are still quoting TC in your sig, thus praising him
-he supports underage sexual activities, so long as the girl started menstruation.
you too by the way

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 1:47am

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/alleged-underage-marriage-uncovered-when...

This is of serious concern which warrants some serious level-headed discussion (fat chance I know).

As both the Islamic health service and the state  government acknowledge, this is "far more prevalent and well-known than people think".

gandalf,

If we [non-moslems] post on this incident, here on this 'secular' forum, we [non-moslems] will be accused of just 'bashing' another abhorrent part of moslem culture.

If you are serious [sincere], then wouldn't it be more relevant for moslems [themselves] to discuss this particular incident [and the issue of marriage of female moslem children, to moslem adult men], in your mosque ?

One question i can suggest for your mosque group discussion;
Is it appropriate that moslem men, living in Australia, in 2014, are marrying 12 year old brides ?

Or is it a case of;
'Fat chance of us moslems doing that Yadda!'

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

wally1
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 7:45am

why is the Islamic community responsible?

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:04am

Because some in that religion are obviously stll condoning this disgusting behaviour!!

We dont see this occuring in this day and age in other religions to my knowledge. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

The childs parents should be before a court as well!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Sparky
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:10am

The Lebanese and those other backwards people are just what they are. They've been like that for thousands of years. The mistake was that these leftist idiots brought them out  here and let them do what they want. They never explained to them that we have laws that they must abide by. They dumped them in the suburbs of Sydney and left them to their devises. Now this is what we have. This is all caused by  a poorly thought out and neglected immigration policy spanning many decades.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:22am

Sparky wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:10am:
The mistake was that these leftist idiots brought them out

They were "brought" here by the centre-right Fraser government.

The centre-right throughout the western world has a distinguished history of campaigning for unfettered levels of unskilled labor from non-white countries. It helps keep wages down and the working class in check. Traditionally its been "leftist idiots" who have opposed this sort of mass migration.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

wally1
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:27am

Redmond Neck wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:04am:
Because some in that religion are obviously stll condoning this disgusting behaviour!!

We dont see this occuring in this day and age in other religions to my knowledge. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

Where do they condone it?

Just yesterday the Muslim mufti of Australia, the muslim womens association, the Islamic friendship society and numerous other Islamic gropus said they don't encourage or condone such a marriage union.

The Islamic community is not responsible for the conduct of parents which are done behind closed doors.

IP Logged

Sparky
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:39am

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:22am:
Sparky wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:10am:
The mistake was that these leftist idiots brought them out

They were "brought" here by the centre-right Fraser government.

The centre-right throughout the western world has a distinguished history of campaigning for unfettered levels of unskilled labor from non-white countries. It helps keep wages down and the working class in check. Traditionally its been "leftist idiots" who have opposed this sort of mass migration.
Frazer is the biggest leftist on earth. Don't you think it appalling to just dump people in suburbs without proper support and explaining to them Australia's moral boundaries.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 9:10am

Sparky wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:39am:
Frazer is the biggest leftist on earth.

Fraser is a small-l liberal - pro individualism, pro small government and pro freedom of choice. Occasionally this philosophy overlaps with what you term "leftist" philosophy (which is important to note is *NOT* the traditional left) on new age things like gay rights and diversity, but generally the two are diametrically opposed. Especially on economic policy - which is the most relevant factor in relation to immigration policy.

The political policy of mass unskilled migration during the 60s and 70s was driven by a centre-right "neo-liberal" philosophy, of which Fraser was a champion. He was directly opposed by the traditional left - workers and unions, and somewhat by the labor party. Though Fraser had successfully cynically co-opted the language of "tolerance" and "diversity", which understandably put the left in an enormously difficult situation.

Sparky wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:39am:
Don't you think it appalling to just dump people in suburbs without proper support

Don't get me started on the Fraser Government's slashing of migrant support programs under the auspices of "cultural independence" and "self help". Yes, absolutely the Lebanese refugees (who actually weren't classified as refugees - which would have made the eligible for various refugee support funding) were literally left to fend for themselves when they arrived here fleeing war and oppression with absolutely nothing. Most of them were unskilled, arriving at a time when the unskilled labor market was deflated. There is little doubt that this led to the problems in the community we see today. There is a huge amount of research on this.

Quote:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 9:29am

They were "brought" here by the centre-right Fraser government

opps, I guess he didn't think that one through properly .... as usual Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Sparky
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 9:46am

John Smith wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 9:29am:
They were "brought" here by the centre-right Fraser government

opps, I guess he didn't think that one through properly .... as usual Grin Grin
I did think it through
[personal attack removed]
. People like me would never bring muslims out here that marry 10 year old girls.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2014 at 11:12am by polite_gandalf »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 9:59am

How should the Muslim community tackle this issue Gandalf? Talk to non-Muslims about it? Do they need to remain sensitive to the fact that Muhammed married a 6 year old?

Quote:
AN alleged underage marriage was uncovered this week when a 12-year-old child bride and her 26-year-old husband tried to apply for spousal benefits, according to government sources.

The guy is a recent immigrant.

The girl's father was aware of the situation. Hopefully he gets arrested too.

Quote:
A leading Islamic health services counsellor has warned that hundreds of children as young as eleven are being sent overseas to be married after being "shopped" on Facebook.

Quote:
The legal marrying age in Australia is 18 unless a court has approved a marriage where one party is aged between 16 and 18.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2014 at 10:04am by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #13 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 10:16am

wally1 wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:27am:
Redmond Neck wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:04am:

Where do they condone it?

Just yesterday the Muslim mufti of Australia, the muslim womens association, the Islamic friendship society and numerous other Islamic gropus said they don't encourage or condone such a marriage union.

The Islamic community is not responsible for the conduct of parents which are done behind closed doors.

Well the Mufti should get some of his criminal bikie drug runner muslims to go around and shoot up the father and the perp!

That might get the message through!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #14 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 10:23am

Need to start deporting these peado scumbags back to the ME sh1t holes they come from.

Starting with the parents and the sick bugger rapist they handed their child to.  Angry

If you don't know our language and don't know our rules, I suggest you learn both, quickly

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 70
Send Topic Print