longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: March in March
Reply #90 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:14pm

Swagman wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 4:58pm:
Bam wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 4:51pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 4:21pm:
even labor were embarrassed at this stupid stunt which was so small, no one even reported it.

Why are you lying?

Opposition Leader [Electricity] Bill Shorten distanced himself from the rally, telling reporters the Labor Party is not formally involved.

Y-R-U?   Cheesy

Electricity Bill would show up at the opening of a letter but even he declined to be involved with this embarrassment.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #91 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:31pm

Marches - be they right or left - tend to attract an array of oddballs with nothing else significant in their life.

I'd sooner play a round of golf.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #92 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:35pm

Bam wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 3:04pm:
Thousands drawn to Australia-wide protests against government policies (ABC Online)
Quote:
Thousands of Australians have taken to the streets this weekend to protest against the Federal Government's policies.

The March in March protests are being held in the CBDs of capital cities as well as in smaller regional centres across the states and territories.

Protesters waving placards are voicing their anger on a wide range of policy issues, including climate change, the treatment of asylum seekers, marriage equality, the tax system and media ownership.

The March in March event started on Saturday and will continue until Monday, when protesters deliver a motion of no confidence to Parliament House in Canberra.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott was asked about the protests during a press conference with NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell, in which they announced a green light for Sydney's NorthConnex tunnel.

"My understanding is that the only big rally in Sydney is the St Patrick's Day parade," Mr Abbott said.

"That is the big event in Sydney today. I wish all of them well.

"If their parade is rained on, there is always some Guinness available around the city."

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten distanced himself from the rally, telling reporters the Labor Party is not formally involved.

"But I do get that people want to express their views. It's a free country," he said.

Protesters march in March across Australia (storify.com)
Quote:
Australians protest in March in March rallies across Australia. Protesters are angry with policies of conservative governments, including the treatment of asylum seekers, climate change and the tax system.

even labor were embarrassed at this stupid stunt which was so small, no one even reported it.

So small ten percent of the population took part in some cities. You must be smarting that Abbott is so hated he is stuck on 46/54 TPP for over five months now. Not long now my precious, and this piece of crap will be wiped from our radars as a blip of a hiccup.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:37pm

skippy. wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:35pm:
Thousands drawn to Australia-wide protests against government policies (ABC Online)
Quote:
Thousands of Australians have taken to the streets this weekend to protest against the Federal Government's policies.

The March in March protests are being held in the CBDs of capital cities as well as in smaller regional centres across the states and territories.

Protesters waving placards are voicing their anger on a wide range of policy issues, including climate change, the treatment of asylum seekers, marriage equality, the tax system and media ownership.

The March in March event started on Saturday and will continue until Monday, when protesters deliver a motion of no confidence to Parliament House in Canberra.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott was asked about the protests during a press conference with NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell, in which they announced a green light for Sydney's NorthConnex tunnel.

"My understanding is that the only big rally in Sydney is the St Patrick's Day parade," Mr Abbott said.

"If their parade is rained on, there is always some Guinness available around the city."

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten distanced himself from the rally, telling reporters the Labor Party is not formally involved.

"But I do get that people want to express their views. It's a free country," he said.

Quote:
Australians protest in March in March rallies across Australia. Protesters are angry with policies of conservative governments, including the treatment of asylum seekers, climate change and the tax system.

So small ten percent of the population took part in some cities. You must be smarting that Abbott is so hated he is stuck on 46/54 TPP for over five months now. Not long now my precious, and this piece of crap will be wiped from our radars as a blip of a hiccup.

10%????  I must have missed the 150,000 marchers in my city.

as usual, you just make it up as you go along.  it was less that 0.01%

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #94 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:40pm

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:37pm:
Quote:

Quote:

You're a failure in everything aren't you? Lismore population 45 thousand, at the march yesterday, 4 to 5 thousand, no wonder you support the women basher, both losers.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:43pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:31pm:
Marches - be they right or left - tend to attract an array of oddballs with nothing else significant in their life.

I'd sooner play a round of golf.

Yes, but you live in England and have nothing to do with Australia or Australian politics.

Why would you ever march, vote, fight, or even bother?

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:45pm

skippy. wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:37pm:
Quote:

Quote:

You're a failure in everything aren't you? Lismore population 45 thousand, at the march yesterday, 4 to 5 thousand, no wonder you support the women basher, both losers.

counted by whom?  the local loony abbot-hating group?  how often have we seen protest marches where the supposed numbers vary by as much as 300%???  all the time.

I would guess 400 people at most counted by the people who have a vested interest to claim more. 

But good to see you remain the same ugly bitter and twisted hater of just about everybody - even the party you support.

no wonder u r single.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:46pm

Matty went on the march, Skippy. He met Pauline. He said it was one of the best days of his life.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #98 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:47pm

How many were at the march in Sydney or Melbourne?

Forget about Lismore - nobody gives a toss about there.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:49pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:47pm:
How many were at the march in Sydney pr Melbourne?

it was so 'important' that no pollies attended and about the same media.  and a handful of renatacrowd losers.  even our own georgeh blessed us with his photo of the Adelaide event - a single poster carried by a single person.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #100 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:53pm

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:45pm:
counted by whom?  the local loony abbot-hating group?  how often have we seen protest marches where the supposed numbers vary by as much as 300%???  all the time.

I would guess 400 people at most counted by the people who have a vested interest to claim more. 

But good to see you remain the same ugly bitter and twisted hater of just about everybody - even the party you support.

no wonder u r single.

In the post where I put links to pictures a couple of pages back, so you could actually look at the people and see they were by far normal everyday people, from grandparents to kids, I posted the 4-5,000 estimate. Some estimates were up to 7,000 but I thought I'd go with the lowest estimate to short circuit those sorts of claims and they are very likely to be correct, I was there.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #101 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:55pm

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:49pm:
How many were at the march in Sydney pr Melbourne?

it was so 'important' that no pollies attended and about the same media.  and a handful of renatacrowd losers.  even our own georgeh blessed us with his photo of the Adelaide event - a single poster carried by a single person.

GeorgeH attended?

Judging on his post history, that sounds about right.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:55pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:53pm:

no wonder u r single.

In the post where I put links to pictures a couple of pages back, so you could actually look at the people and see they were by far normal everyday people, from Grandparents to kids, I posted the 4-5,000 estimate. Some estimates were up to 7,000 but I thought I'd go with the lowest estimate to short circuit those sorts of claims and they are very likely to be correct, I was there.

those 'estimates' are probably the most unreliable estimate ever. no, I don't believe your figure is anywhere even close to accurate as they never are.  and lefties do have an amazing ability to add a zero onto the end of such things.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #103 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:58pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:53pm:

no wonder u r single.

In the post where I put links to pictures a couple of pages back, so you could actually look at the people and see they were by far normal everyday people, from grandparents to kids, I posted the 4-5,000 estimate. Some estimates were up to 7,000 but I thought I'd go with the lowest estimate to short circuit those sorts of claims and they are very likely to be correct, I was there.

Did you seriously have nothing else better to do?

I seriously can't fathom ever going along to a march.

I once got caught up in a Greens one in Melbourne about refugees. Ended up being yelled at by some oddball middle aged woman with dyed pink hair. Admittedly I was a tad rude myself about what a waste of time it all was and that they were holding up the traffic and I wanted a cab....

Seriously though, marches.

What a waste of everyone's time.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #104 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:58pm

How many were at the march in Sydney or Melbourne?

The CSG industry seems to give a toss about the area. That's what brought out so many people here.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 56
Send Topic Print