Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 144
Send Topic Print
Gun laws in Australia (Read 205875 times)
Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Re: Gun laws in Australia
Reply #405 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 1:02am

ian wrote on Aug 28th, 2014 at 11:48pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Aug 28th, 2014 at 1:43pm:
ian wrote on Aug 28th, 2014 at 10:18am:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Aug 28th, 2014 at 2:32am:
ian wrote on Aug 28th, 2014 at 2:17am:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Aug 28th, 2014 at 2:14am:
[

Any standard safety and/or competency test you feel would help spot potential spree killers. 
such as?

Ask a criminal profiler or psychologist.
I don't know enough about the current testing models to get that specific, and it's way too late at night/early in the morning for me to bother looking into it.

So why did you claim something you know nothing about.

I didn't. I claimed that in any decent psychological test (or even the standard system involving a qualified examiner and both written and oral testing for a shooters license) Martin Bryant would almost certainly have failed.
Your (fairly transparent) attempts to get me to specify one particular psychological test is not relevant, anymore than trying to get a layperson to specify which medication they should take before they have been examined by a GP. And I know you are only doing it to try to seem smarter about this subject and to denigrate my point of view.
I see. You are claiming Bryant would have failed an undefined and undetermined psych test you dont know anything about, cant post any details on or even name. Yes, you are right, I am denigrating your point of view. Mainly because its cringingly facile. if you werent dropped on your head as a child then you should be now.

Another righteous comment.  jeez  I better check this out.. am I on BOTH sides..??

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #406 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 1:12am

freediver wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 4:21pm:
Jasin wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 2:15pm:
I agree with the purpose and the 'glorification' of exterminating life that are 'pests' for being politically incorrect for not supporting the National Party and its farmers. It is what it is - Culling.

Plenty of environentalists support the culling of introduced species.

Altho I despise willful cruelty... sometimes it is an absolute necessity to kill/cull imports ...

I support the removal of imported feral pests, such as pigs foxes rabbits goats buffalo canetoads Indian Mynah birds etc.

Who wouldn't..?

live every day

IP Logged

gone
Gold Member

Australian Politics

somewhere
Reply #407 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 7:30pm

Australia has a laughable obsession with "introduced" species" and "bio security". It's all a load of crap. There is a landmass reaching from Western Europe aaall across to Eastern Russia and over thousands of years people have introduced plants and animals from one area to another, and also pests and diseases too, and you know the world there is still fine. Nothing has gone under, no apocalypse.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #408 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 8:08pm

gone wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 7:30pm:
Australia has a laughable obsession with "introduced" species" and "bio security". It's all a load of crap. There is a landmass reaching from Western Europe aaall across to Eastern Russia and over thousands of years people have introduced plants and animals from one area to another, and also pests and diseases too, and you know the world there is still fine. Nothing has gone under, no apocalypse.

Yes, but in the case of Europe, the predators follow the other animals, so there's no risk of a particular species over-populating an area.

Australia is a very different situation, in that any introduced species does over-populate very quickly.

As for 'bio-security' Australia doesn't have some of the diseases that exist in other areas of the world, and we'd like to keep it that way.

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #409 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:57pm

gone wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 7:30pm:

That's fine, if you don't mind Australia becoming an extension of Eurasia and loosing all those unique animals and plants.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #410 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 9:51pm

indeed

so who stands for the rights of feral animals on OZ continent..??

Not me.

We should do everything in our power to reduce these feral imports.
ASAP!!

Being as it is an Island Continent... Australia has a chance to hold off the invasion of ferals.. Sadly our forebears had no understanding of this mighty Island.. and hence we have the predations occurring now.

If  we cannot manage this continent.. we show ourselves to be unworthy of it's care.
And we are showing this.. and we are responsible. .. all Aus creatures  need protecting..   and stuff the money hungry creeps who think otherwise. Angry

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #411 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:12am

Of course.. ferals will be there .. we must act to preserve our environment.

How does this relate to gun law.?

Well...  the rules are so strict.. only people with large lands.. or those in Gun clubs can now legally own weapons.. .....................( a simplification)

is this RIGHT? 

What I mean is... should this be the regime under which we all live..??

live every day

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #412 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 2:04am

Emma wrote on Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:12am:
Of course.. ferals will be there .. we must act to preserve our environment.

How does this relate to gun law.?

Well...  the rules are so strict.. only people with large lands.. or those in Gun clubs can now legally own weapons.. .....................( a simplification)

is this RIGHT? 

No it's not the regime we should be under. The pendulum has swung too far to one side.

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #413 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:25pm

Emma wrote on Sep 3rd, 2014 at 9:51pm:
indeed

so who stands for the rights of feral animals on OZ continent..??

Not me.

We should do everything in our power to reduce these feral imports.
ASAP!!

The Greens opposing hunting in national parks and state forests results in ferals becoming a protected species.

The greens love ferals.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #414 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:31pm

is this RIGHT? 

If you have written permission from a landowner to shoot on their property you do not need to join a club or own property.
The private land must be zoned Rural to legally shoot on it.

If you join a target shooting club you are not allowed to hunt feral pests.

Self defence is not a valid reason to own a firearm in Australia, you cannot use your firearm for self defence, if someone steals your gun you can be charged with failing to prevent the loss or theft of a firearm yet it is an offence to point the gun at someone to prevent it being stolen.

The Liberal democrat party believes people should have a right to mace,firearms,pepper sprays etc for self defence.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #415 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 2:38pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:31pm:

is this RIGHT? 

If you have written permission from a landowner to shoot on their property you do not need to join a club or own property.
The private land must be zoned Rural to legally shoot on it.

If you join a target shooting club you are not allowed to hunt feral pests.

Self defence is not a valid reason to own a firearm in Australia, you cannot use your firearm for self defence, if someone steals your gun you can be charged with failing to prevent the loss or theft of a firearm yet it is an offence to point the gun at someone to prevent it being stolen.

The Liberal democrat party believes people should have a right to mace,firearms,pepper sprays etc for self defence.

Why do you feel you have the need to own a firearm for self defence?

Do you live in an area that you perceive to be extremely dangerous? Redfern, Logan etc?

Or are you a dealer of larger quantities of certain substances and just need a firearm as a tool of work?

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #416 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 8:54pm

Please don't slag off Logan... as it happens  YES  I do live in Logan City. Thanks to the amalgamation into a supersize council, I NOW live in Logan.  Not a bad place...  a big place.. with lots of variety... I don't live in the city Logan  I live in Logan country as we bushies see it. 

And that is not why I think people should be able to own guns.

live every day

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #417 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 9:16pm

Sounds like you're more of a swampie than a bushie.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #418 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 11:56am

Two wrongs not making a right.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #419 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 12:10pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 11:56am:
Two wrongs not making a right.

But two (W)rights make an aeroplane.

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 144
Send Topic Print