Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 ... 144
Send Topic Print
Gun laws in Australia (Read 206181 times)
|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Gun laws in Australia
Reply #1875 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 2:15pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 12:57pm:
|dev|null wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 11:53am:
Same old, same old, I see. 
I wonder Baron, what do you think of the good ol' boys who like to use their guns to threaten their women folk in the home?   What about the good ol' girls who enjoy frightening their kids with their guns?   Such fun, law abidin' firearms owners have a home with their family and their guns, hey? 

Same old same old with your retarded use of emoticons and smearing all law abiding firearm owners eh Hb.

You really do have a bunker mentality, don't you Baron?   I never claimed anything about "all law abiding firearm owners".  You have erected that strawman argument yourself.

Get back to me when you've actually read what I said and understood who I was talking about!   Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #1876 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 5:12pm

|dev|null wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 2:15pm:
I wonder Baron, what do you think of the good ol' boys who like to use their guns to threaten their women folk in the home?   What about the good ol' girls who enjoy frightening their kids with their guns?   Such fun, law abidin' firearms owners have a home with their family and their guns, hey? 

Same old same old with your retarded use of emoticons and smearing all law abiding firearm owners eh Hb.

You really do have a bunker mentality, don't you Baron?   I never claimed anything about "all law abiding firearm owners".  You have erected that strawman argument yourself.

Get back to me when you've actually read what I said and understood who I was talking about!   Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

The law is pretty clear HB-
Quote:
11.General restrictions on issue of licences
(5) A licence must not be issued to a person who:
(c) is subject to an AVO or who has at any time within 10 years before the application for licence was made,been subject to such an order
legislation.nsw.gov.au/maintop/view/inforce/act+46+1996+cd+0+N

An AVO results in loss of firearm licence for 10 years,the Hoplophobic greens want to reduce this to 5 years.
Quote:
13.Tighter legislated minimum standards for the refusal and cancellation of licences,including:
13.2 Being subject to an AVO within the past 5 years.
http://nsw.greens.org.au/policies/nsw/firearms

My personal opinion is similar to the Liberal Democrats policy,having an AVO taken out against you should disqualify you from owning firearms forever none of this 5 or 10 years crap.

Of course some cultures allow wife bashing if you fear disobedience,should we consider that acceptable Hb?
quran.com/4/34

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #1877 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 5:35pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 5:12pm:

Quote:
(c) is subject to an AVO or who has at any time within 10 years before the application for licence was made,been subject to such an order

An AVO results in loss of firearm licence for 10 years,the Hoplophobic greens want to reduce this to 5 years.
Quote:
13.Tighter legislated minimum standards for the refusal and cancellation of licences,including:

My personal opinion is similar to the Liberal Democrats policy,having an AVO taken out against you should disqualify you from owning firearms forever none of this 5 or 10 years crap.

Of course some cultures allow wife bashing if you fear disobedience,should we consider that acceptable Hb?
quran.com/4/34

And that pretty much means that the guy was NOT a registered licence holder, and probably was NOT a 'law abiding citizen' at any time, and would not have ever had a gun licence...(sorry Greg)

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1878 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 5:50pm

Quote:

Quote:

quran.com/4/34

Yes, the law is clear but is the law being enforced Baron?

Are you willing to apologise to me for making a claim about what I had said which I had demonstrably not typed?  Or are you going to run and hide and fondle your beloved guns instead?    Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #1879 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 6:16pm

|dev|null wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 5:50pm:

Quote:

Quote:

quran.com/4/34

Yes, the law is clear but is the law being enforced Baron?

Are you willing to apologise to me for making a claim about what I had said which I had demonstrably not typed?  Or are you going to run and hide and fondle your beloved guns instead?    Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Yes, the law IS being enforced.

It's only soft-c0cks like YOU that whine about gun-licence holders being crims

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1880 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 10:32am

gizmo_2655 wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 6:16pm:

Which is why I read in the papers stories of women and children being threatened by husbands and mothers with guns?   I suppose they're the ones who got caught?

Quote:
It's only soft-c0cks like YOU that whine about gun-licence holders being crims

Deeply sexualised views there Gizmo.  How long have you associated manhood with arguments?   Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

Leaving that out for the moment, care to provide a quote where I've made that claim or is it just you over-reacting like a victimised gun lover?   Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #1881 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 1:36pm

|dev|null wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 10:32am:

Which is why I read in the papers stories of women and children being threatened by husbands and mothers with guns?   I suppose they're the ones who got caught?

Still trolling hb, the law has been in force for nearly 20 years and you still try to smear LAFO with your ignorance

The Police told the senate inquiry licenced firearm owners are not the problem
Quote:
(3) A licence must not be issued unless:
(a) The commissioner is satisfied that the applicant is a fit and proper person and can be trusted to have possession of a firearm without danger to pubic safety or to the peace

Can you cite these articles where women and children are threatened by licenced firearm owners HB or did you pluck that from your ass?

This is a family conflict with people you are so eager to support, I don't think any of them had firearm licences or registered guns.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwiche-Razzak-Fahda_family_conflict

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1882 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 3:43pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 1:36pm:

Still trolling hb, the law has been in force for nearly 20 years and you still try to smear LAFO with your ignorance

Where have I mentioned "law abidin' firearm owners" Baron?   You need to stop feeling persecuted.  Have you used your gun to threaten your missus?   Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

Quote:
Can you cite these articles where women and children are threatened by licenced firearm owners HB or did you pluck that from your ass?

Court hears man threatened partner with gun while detaining her in Broken Hill home

Tears as 'sniper' woman acquitted of murder

Going to apologise?  That's twice you've been caught out!   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1883 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 7:26pm

|dev|null wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 3:43pm:

Where have I mentioned "law abidin' firearm owners" Baron?   You need to stop feeling persecuted.  Have you used your gun to threaten your missus?   Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

Quote:

Court hears man threatened partner with gun while detaining her in Broken Hill home

Going to apologise?  That's twice you've been caught out!   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Your arguments, of course, are not modified by reports such as these:

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/roger-rogerson-and-glen-mcnamara-on-tria...

This is the type of interaction between 'licensed' gun owners and the 'innocent' public that we enact laws to, hopefully, prevent such outcomes.

Of course, it is the guns that are to blame for the tragedy involved.

The fact that we have 'retired' policemen and ambitious 'ethnic' drug dealers involved entirely escapes your notice.

It would appear to me that licensed firearms owners were not involved.

It would appear to me that your objections to firearms possession should be directed elsewhere. Rogerson with a gun?

If Jamie Gow had a gun, things might have turned out differently.

What would the news report if there were three bleeding corpses to be found in that garage?

It's the GUNS!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1884 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 8:15pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 7:26pm:

Quote:

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/roger-rogerson-and-glen-mcnamara-on-tria...

This is the type of interaction between 'licensed' gun owners and the 'innocent' public that we enact laws to, hopefully, prevent such outcomes.

Of course, it is the guns that are to blame for the tragedy involved.

The fact that we have 'retired' policemen and ambitious 'ethnic' drug dealers involved entirely escapes your notice.

It would appear to me that licensed firearms owners were not involved.

It would appear to me that your objections to firearms possession should be directed elsewhere. Rogerson with a gun?

If Jamie Gow had a gun, things might have turned out differently.

What would the news report if there were three bleeding corpses to be found in that garage?

It's the GUNS!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yes, it is.

"CAUSE OF DEATH: Gunshot Wound, Head"

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #1885 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 7:30am

Blaming Guns for Killing People, is like Blaming a Spoon for

Making Clive Palmer Fat!
   Grin    Roll Eyes

Guns can't shoot by themselves,
they need PEOPLE to load them,
they need PEOPLE to aim them,
& then they need PEOPLE to pull their trigger!

Guns don't kill people,  PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!

« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 7:49am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #1886 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 7:58am

Silly Left-Wing, Gun-Grabbing, Hoplophobes still think that GUNS kill PEOPLE,
actually if you want to be pedantic, it's the BULLET that KILLS PEOPLE.

......then again, who puts the BULLET into the GUN?

Silly Hoplophobes!   Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 8:03am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1887 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 3:55pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 7:26pm:

Quote:

As Moses likes to suggest, a "tangent".  No wives or children were involved in that case from all reports, just a drug deal which went wrong.   You really need better material!    Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #1888 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 9:13pm

Quote:

When are you going to answer my questions HB,why are you avoiding them?

Your first link has no evidence he had a firearm licence, she reported it to the Police and they took his guns away and refused bail.
Is that an example of how the law works when you report misuse of a gun?

The sniper woman would need a licence to access the gun safe,did she steal her husbands gun and ambush him then claim self defence,would a man get away with claiming self defence for doing the exact same thing?

There are over 1 million firearm licence holders in Australia,surely with that many guns and you claiming this is an epidemic you would have more recent examples instead of nearly decade old stuff.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #1889 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 8:22am

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 9:13pm:
When are you going to answer my questions HB,why are you avoiding them?

Your first link has no evidence he had a firearm licence, she reported it to the Police and they took his guns away and refused bail.
Is that an example of how the law works when you report misuse of a gun?

The sniper woman would need a licence to access the gun safe,did she steal her husbands gun and ambush him then claim self defence,would a man get away with claiming self defence for doing the exact same thing?

There are over 1 million firearm licence holders in Australia,surely with that many guns and you claiming this is an epidemic you would have more recent examples instead of nearly decade old stuff.

Spot on!

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 ... 144
Send Topic Print