Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 144
Send Topic Print
Gun laws in Australia (Read 204972 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Gun laws in Australia
Reply #15 - Feb 6th, 2014 at 7:31pm

Quote:
For professional shooters a silencer is an occupational health and safety issue, there are a few brown snakes on my mothers property and i cannot hear them slithering through the scrub when wearing ear muffs.

You carry a gun to shoot snakes? Do you carry a VB in the other hand?

Quote:
I think professional shooters should be allowed to use silencers, it is an occupational health and safety issue for us

Because of all the snakes? Has anyone here ever heard a snake sneaking up to them before seeing it? the only time you might hear a snake is when it is fleeing at high speed.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Feb 7th, 2014 at 12:19pm

freediver wrote on Feb 6th, 2014 at 7:31pm:
Quote:
For professional shooters a silencer is an occupational health and safety issue, there are a few brown snakes on my mothers property and i cannot hear them slithering through the scrub when wearing ear muffs.

Quote:
I think professional shooters should be allowed to use silencers, it is an occupational health and safety issue for us

Because of all the snakes? Has anyone here ever heard a snake sneaking up to them before seeing it? the only time you might hear a snake is when it is fleeing at high speed.

I have never shot a snake, i only shoot feral pests and paper targets.

The firearm safety rules say Zero blood alcohol levels when shooting, if you drink while shooting you are breaking rules.

Of course leftists like to demonise all shooters regardless of whether they are licensed or not.

A silencer cannot silence the sound of a projectile breaking the sound barrier, the reality differs from Hollywood movies.

Using silencers allows greater communication between those who are hunting which increases safety.

A criminal can use an oil filter from a car as a crude silencer, criminals dont obey laws.

New Zealand allows silencers and there is no increase of criminals using them there, some farmers will not let you shoot on their property if you dont have a silencer.
Less stress for the animals that are not being targeted as well.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #17 - Feb 7th, 2014 at 1:06pm

Chimp_Logic wrote on Jan 25th, 2014 at 3:04am:
where do we draw the boundary as to what type of weapons a civilian can have access to?

automatic military style weapons?
assault sniper rifles?
hand guns?
grenades?
rocket launches?
land mines?
missiles?
tanks?
anti aircraft artillery?
small tactical nuclear weapons?

All can be effectively used to control foxes, and provide an efficient form of self defence.

Not much of a deep thinker are you monkey boy.

Nothing like an insane hysterical rant to make a point.  Grin  Grin  Grin

But it is good to see the howard supporters are still getting theirbeliefs out there.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 9:43am

Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 7th, 2014 at 12:19pm:
Quote:

Quote:

The firearm safety rules say Zero blood alcohol levels when shooting, if you drink while shooting you are breaking rules.

Of course leftists like to demonise all shooters regardless of whether they are licensed or not.

A silencer cannot silence the sound of a projectile breaking the sound barrier, the reality differs from Hollywood movies.

Using silencers allows greater communication between those who are hunting which increases safety.

A criminal can use an oil filter from a car as a crude silencer, criminals dont obey laws.

New Zealand allows silencers and there is no increase of criminals using them there, some farmers will not let you shoot on their property if you dont have a silencer.

Have you ever had a snake take advantage of your earmuffs by sneaking up behind you when you can't hear it's footsteps?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:34pm

freediver wrote on Feb 8th, 2014 at 9:43am:
Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 7th, 2014 at 12:19pm:
Quote:

Quote:

Have you ever had a snake take advantage of your earmuffs by sneaking up behind you when you can't hear it's footsteps?

Here is a report on the use of firearm silencers done by Edith Cowan University from Dr Martin Mac Carthy,Professor Martin O Neil and Dr Helen Cripps.
www.shootersandfishers.org.au/files/6/533938269/sound-moderator-report-july-2011...

Take note of part 5. advantages and disadvantages.

The use of silencers by licensed firearm owners in an occupational health and safety issue.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:43pm

Is it about snakes?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:54pm

Fd- What is the firearms policy of your sustainability party, do you even have one?

The Greens have the most absurd firearms policy, their policy goes against the rules for aerial culling by professional shooters making it illegal.
www.nsw.greens.org.au/sites/greens.org.au/files/policydownloads/Firearms.pdf

Feral pigs eat lambs as the Ewe is giving birth to them,here is a video of aerial feral pig culling, i would say it is being done by an amateur hunter with a category B license instead of a Professional shooter with a category D license.
Many rules are being broken,aerial shooters must use a 308 and double tap each pig, he was not allowed to shoot the pig that entered the water, they did not turn back to finish one pig which indicates this shooter was not certified for aerial culling, the 223 pump action rifle is the first sign this shooter is an amateur
www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82826103/

Here are the rules for aerial culling in the NT, take note of how a semi auto 308 is required-
www.territorystories.nt.gov.au/bitstream/handle/10070/212930/Feral_Animal_Contro...

The gun control idiots never come up with anything to punish criminal use of guns they collectively punish all responsible firearm owners for the actions of criminals.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:55pm

freediver wrote on Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:43pm:
Is it about snakes?

You should read it, it is a study on silencers by University Professors.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:58pm

No official policy yet. It is not exactly a priority. I am fine with farmers, hunters, recreational shooters etc having a gun. I do not think people in the city owning a handgun for "self-defense" is reasonable. If someone says they are worried about snakes sneaking up on them when they are wearing earmuffs, they probably shouldn't have a gun either.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 2:12pm

freediver wrote on Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:58pm:
I am fine with farmers, hunters, recreational shooters etc having a gun. I do not think people in the city owning a handgun for "self-defense" is reasonable. If someone says they are worried about snakes sneaking up on them when they are wearing earmuffs, they probably shouldn't have a gun either.

Self defence is not a valid reason to own a handgun or any firearm in Australia,the firearm laws state self defence is not a genuine reason for firearm ownership and you will be denied a license if self defence is listed on your application.

There are many reasons why licensed firearm owners should be allowed to use a silencer, hearing damage is probably top of the list and being able to hear snakes is another, you should read the report i linked.

I dont like snakes, i dont kill them i avoid them.

My Grandfather was a Gallipoli veteran, he said handguns were only designed for killing people, i dont like handguns and think target shooting with pistols is a bullshit sport.

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #25 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 2:26pm

If you take out an AVO against someone who has threatened you with violence then if that person has licensed firearms they will be confiscated and any licensed firearms that you have will also be confiscated so that you cannot use them for defense.

Welcome to the Land of the Level Playing Field.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #26 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 2:36pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 8th, 2014 at 2:12pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:58pm:
I am fine with farmers, hunters, recreational shooters etc having a gun. I do not think people in the city owning a handgun for "self-defense" is reasonable. If someone says they are worried about snakes sneaking up on them when they are wearing earmuffs, they probably shouldn't have a gun either....

....Self defence is not a valid reason to own a handgun or any firearm in Australia,the firearm laws state self defence is not a genuine reason for firearm ownership and you will be denied a license if self defence is listed on your application.

It is an offence in Australia to possess anything for defense,
it is an offence to carry an umbrella to ward off savage dogs but not to carry the same umbrella in case it might rain while you are out for a walk.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 5:18pm

The Greens oppose feral animal hunting in National Parks, this inept policy by the Greens makes Feral pests a protected species in national parks.

A great article by Garry Mallard OAM-
Quote:
Were one to suggest that the culture of Islam is unwholesome and dangerous based on the activities of suicide bombing acid tossing,female oppressing zealots overseas, there would be a hue and a cry from the greens deploring such suggestions as irrational and xenophobic.Yet they proudly condemn hunters and vilify them for their cultural pursuits, which are not to green tastes.

If anyone doubts their campaigns against hunters are racially targeted, for proof one need look no further than the Greens silence on matters pertaining to aboriginal hunters.

The Greens make no bones about their opposition to the activities and culture of Australia's white anglo saxon/European (WASE) hunters claiming they are cruel,irresponsible, a threat to delicate ecosystems and the sustainability of vulnerable native species despite the fact WASE hunters are restricted to hunting non indigenous feral species alone,  however aboriginal hunters harvest native species and often with weapons that offer nothing like the accuracy and swift death of a rifle today.

The image of an aboriginal elder teaching a child how to fashion and wield a spear or boomerang is something to be celebrated as an example of cultural practice preserved.
The image of a WASE elder showing a child how to use a Bow or gun is viewed as an image of manifest irresponsibility, an effort to brainwash children into a culture of violence and cruelty with all manner of negative ramifications that should be of deep concern to the public.

He goes on to expose the lies and bigotry from the greens surrounding huntfest.

I like this part exposing how idiotic the Greens are-
Quote:
To all you hunters who kill animals for food, shame on you,you ought to go to the store and buy the meat that was made there, where no animals were harmed.

www.thehunterstand.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/huntfest-green-bigotry-and-little.htm...

So why are the Greens racist and bigoted towards white anglo saxon hunters who are only allowed to target feral animals in Australia?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 10:57pm

Quote:
Millions of feral pigs will be culled in the far north in an effort to protect endangered turtle species from the invasive pest.

The pigs will be shot poisoned and trapped under an ambitious plan announced yesteday by Queensland national parks minister.

A total of $7 million was pledged in what ministers said could be a 4 year war on Pigs that feast on turtle eggs along the coast.

There are an estimated 23.5 million feral pigs in Australia,with up to 90 per cent of turtle nests lost to predation in some areas along the Queensland coast.
www.cairnspost.com.au/news/cairns/war-on-feral-pigs-as-millions-set-to-be-culled...

I dont agree with trapping and poisoning, those methods do not discriminate in which species they kill and the animals die a slow horrible death.

A government contract aerial shooter with a category D license has to double tap a pig with a minimum of a  308 winchester caliber semi auto,a category D license is difficult to acquire as you need evidence of contracts to shoot along with payment details from accountants and letters from solicitor before getting a category D license.

Amateur hunters are restricted to bolt action single shot rifles,if they miss with a head shot and blow the lower jaw off the animal can run away while they cycle the bolt action and then take aim for a second shot,the animal will probably starve to death because the government prevents amateur hunters from having a semi auto where they could get a rapid second shot or even third in without taking their sight from the animal.

Our gun laws changed in 1996 punishing all responsible firearm owners with a form of collective punishment because of a madman with  documented mental health issues.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 10:11pm

Quote:

The maximum penalty is 5 years jail for shooting under the influence of alcohol or drugs, if you lend a gun to someone under the influence you could get 5 years in jail.

If you have a VB in your hand while shooting you will lose your shooters license and could end up in jail.

I dont have a problem with this.

www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/fa1996102/s64.html

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 144
Send Topic Print