Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
jailing rape victims proves there is no rape (Read 4695 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
jailing rape victims proves there is no rape
Dec 18th, 2013 at 7:59pm

...according to Gandalf.

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 18th, 2013 at 6:56pm:
Nothing you say disproves an alternative theory - that there simply isn't as many rapes in the muslim world, and thats why there are less convictions.

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 18th, 2013 at 7:47pm:
In the absense of any evidence to the contrary (which you have so far failed to provide), then crime convictions must equal crime rates.

Did you learn this type of logic from the Koran?

How come all the poo that these societies heap on women does not count as evidence?

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 18th, 2013 at 7:47pm:
What you are doing here, if it needs to be spelled out, is assuming that crime in a particular part of the world is not consistent with official figures - with absolutely no good justification.

You are assuming it is, with no justification at all beyond blind assumption, and some kind of faulty Muslim logic. I am assuming it is not, with very good reason. If a society jails rape victims, then conviction rates for rape are obviously not going to be anything like actual crime rates. For you to demand that I either prove this principle (how?) or accept your ridiculous assumptions just highlights how far a Muslim will go to reject reality and replace it with Islam.

Abu Hurairah narrates that the Prophet said: “One who keeps the faults of a Muslim secret in this world, Allah will keep his faults in the Hereafter

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: jailing rape victims proves there is no rape
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2013 at 8:03pm

Some more Islamic attitudes towards rape:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/wiki/index.php?title=Islam_and_Australian_values#Rape

Rape is permitted in Islam in the same situations that sex is permitted. [213] Where sex is not permitted, rape is punished the same way as consensual sex. [214][215] Muslims reject the concept of 'consenting adults' and do not consider sex to be consensual unless God (ie Islamic law) permits it. [216] Islam requires a wife to satisfy her husband's sexual desires and does not recognise the need for consent based on the wife's choice. [217] [218] [219] [220] In other words, for a woman sex is either completely forbidden or obligatory at the whim of the man, depending on the context. Muslim men may have sex with slaves or 'whatever their right hand possesses', however Muslims distinguish between slaves that you have sex with and 'sex slaves', presumably on the grounds that only the owner of the slave may rape her legally. [221] [222] [223] [224] [225] [226] [227] Women caught through conquest may also be raped. Muslim's consider the rape of their slaves as a 'right' and even go so far as to describe it as liberating for captured women. [228][229] Rape of a non-Muslim woman under other circumstances is technically illegal under Islam, but the courts discount the testimony of non-Muslims as unreliable. In addition to the punishment for consensual sex, an 'illegal' rapist must also pay a dowry to the victim. If the victim is a slave, the rapist must reimburse for the reduction in value of the slave (presumably to the owner of the slave). This payment must be made regardless of whether the victim is a virgin (though this would presumably have an impact on the value of a slave). [230] Muslims often claim that the low rate of reporting of rape and pedophilia in Islamic societies is evidence of low occurrence, rather than legalisation of rape, the difficulties in achieving conviction and the barriers to reporting (many women who report rape often get convicted of sex related crimes). [231]

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2013 at 3:02pm

Lets start from the beginning then FD:

1. Who jails rape victims? What evidence do we have that they do?

freediver wrote on Dec 18th, 2013 at 7:59pm:
For you to demand that I either prove this principle (how?)

Roll Eyes

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 11:37am

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 19th, 2013 at 3:02pm:

Take your pick there are numerous cases, there was an Aussie lady Alicia Gali who was thrown in jail in the UAE after reporting being raped.

https://www.google.com.au/#q=uae+rape+victim+jailed

https://www.google.com.au/#q=saudi+rape+victim+jailed

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 12:23pm

Even in western countries where we go to great effort to convict rapists and support victims, rape convictions still only scratch the surface of the actual incidence of rape. To assume that the opposite is true in Muslim countries, despite the culture of oppression and objectification of women (and yes, even jailing rape victims), is simply naive. Not jailing rape victims is just the beginning. There are all sorts of impediments that a society can place in front of rape convictions, and Muslim culture ticks all the boxes.

Gandalf's demand for "proof" just shows how little respect and understanding he has for rape victims. If you can prove you were raped, you can get a conviction. The gap between convictions and actual instances of rape reflects the absence of proof and inability to prove. In true Islamic fashion, Gandalf is setting the goal posts impossibly high for anyone who tries to criticise Islam. He is reinforcing the Islamic approach of eradicating rape by not talking about it and defining it out of existence, and telling rape victims that they are not victims without the conviction that they cannot obtain.

People like Gandalf are the reason why so many women throughout the world get raped and so many Muslim men know they can get away with it.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 7:38pm

freediver wrote on Dec 20th, 2013 at 12:23pm:
Even in western countries where we go to great effort to convict rapists and support victims, rape convictions still only scratch the surface of the actual incidence of rape. To assume that the opposite is true in Muslim countries, despite the culture of oppression and objectification of women (and yes, even jailing rape victims), is simply naive.

What you seem to be insinuating, though you won't specifically say it, is that rape in the muslim world is at least as prevalent in the west, but probably more. Common sense suggests this is disingenuous, and we can even use your well worn muslim stereotypes to argue this point:

1. The single biggest contributing factor with rape in the west is alcholol, which is of course banned throughout the muslim world. I think we can safely assume that the rate of drinking and drunkenness will be significantly lower in the muslim world agreed?

2. Bans on fraternizing between unmarried men and women is widespread, so the opportunities for rape are simply much lower

3. Draconian adultery laws throughout the muslim world are obviously going to be a disincentive for men to engage in rape.

No doubt your case is going to be entirely built on an argument about spousal rape, but needless to say your evidence will be non-existent. I could just as effortlessly argue that spousal rape will be at least as prevalent in the west due to the rampant abuse of alcohol. But neither of us will be able to say it is more prevalent in one part of the world than another because we both know it will almost never be reported anywhere.

In true Islamic fashion, Gandalf is setting the goal posts impossibly high for anyone who tries to criticise Islam. He is reinforcing the Islamic approach of eradicating rape by not talking about it and defining it out of existence, and telling rape victims that they are not victims without the conviction that they cannot obtain.

Actually I think rape victims are blamed and ignored everywhere - not just the muslim world. Barely a week seems to go by when we don't see some judge in the west declare that a rape victim brought it on herself because of the way she dressed/acted. We have a massive cultural problem with rape in our society, and one can only imagine what an impact it has on dissuading victims to come forward. So I'm happy to accept that there is a significant disconnect between convictions and actual rape rates everywhere - and absolutely, when rape occurs in the muslim world, the victims have a very good chance of getting ignored, blamed and even punished. But I would argue that rape rates compared to the west are not as high for the three reasons I gave above (and the total futility in attempting to reach any meaningful conclusions about spousal rape). Rates of rape in the west is in epidemic proportions (an estimated 18% of all women in the US are said to be victims of rape, and 25% victims of sexual assault), and there is no reason to assume that rates are at least as bad if not worse in the muslim world - given the enormous cultural differences.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 7:58pm

Quote:
What you seem to be insinuating, though you won't specifically say it, is that rape in the muslim world is at least as prevalent in the west, but probably more.

Probably. The attitude of Muslims to rape is hardly a good sign. Islam condones marital rape and the rape of sex slaves. Furthermore any woman who has sex outside of marriage is likely to be either punished (under Shariah law) or looked down upon by Muslim men, making it highly unlikely that they would come forward, let alone achieve a conviction. This would make them fair game in the eyes of predatory men.

Quote:
The single biggest contributing factor with rape in the west is alcholol, which is of course banned throughout the muslim world.

That doesn't stop people drinking it - and getting raped - in the middle east and broader Muslim world. It just means they would be less likely to report it, because they and their companions would end up being punished for drinking.

Quote:
I think we can safely assume that the rate of drinking and drunkenness will be significantly lower in the muslim world agreed?

Probably, but the level of predatory behaviour that follows it would be much higher, because it is easier to get away with, and because the women would not have the same awareness of the risks as they do where alcohol is legal and channels of communication are more open.

Quote:
Bans on fraternizing between unmarried men and women is widespread, so the opportunities for rape are simply much lower

See my comments on marital rape. Given that Islam encourages organised marriage of child brides, this would be very common. Basically, women are treated like property.

Quote:
Draconian adultery laws throughout the muslim world are obviously going to be a disincentive for men to engage in rape.

Where sex is not permitted, the Islamic punishment for sex is the same as rape. This would obviously be a strong disincentive for consensual sex, but would make far less difference for rape, especially given the much lower likelihood of a conviction.

Quote:
But neither of us will be able to say it is more prevalent in one part of the world than another because we both know it will almost never be reported anywhere.

It will be reported far more often in the west, and there are serious research efforts going into finding out how prevalent it actually. In contrast, the Muslim world is still in denial that it even ccurs, as you so willingly demonstrate.

Quote:
So I'm happy to accept that there is a significant disconnect between convictions and actual rape rates everywhere

Well at least that's a start. It's a big improvement from "crime convictions must equal crime rates".

Quote:
and absolutely, when rape occurs in the muslim world, the victims have a very good chance of getting ignored, blamed and even punished

Weren't you just demanding that I prove these claims?

Quote:
But I would argue that rape rates compared to the west are not as high for the three reasons I gave above (and the total futility in attempting to reach any meaningful conclusions about spousal rape). Rates of rape in the west is in epidemic proportions (an estimated 18% of all women in the US are said to be victims of rape, and 25% victims of sexual assault), and there is no reason to assume that rates are at least as bad if not worse in the muslim world - given the enormous cultural differences.

In many parts of the Muslim world I would argue it is close enough to 100%. That is a woman's lot in life - married off at around puberty to some old bloke who is a friend of the family, for a life of loveless marriage to a husband who sees her as his property. And that is just the legal side of rape. The rapes in Egypt during the protests, the strategies used by men to split a girl off from the pack and attack her, and the almost inevitable pack rape that it turns into demonstrate how predatory these men and the culture in general are.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #7 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 8:55pm

freediver wrote on Dec 20th, 2013 at 7:58pm:
Where sex is not permitted, the Islamic punishment for sex is the same as rape. This would obviously be a strong disincentive for consensual sex, but would make far less difference for rape, especially given the much lower likelihood of a conviction.

That makes absolutely no sense. Even if you accuse islam of not differentiating between consensual and forced sex, the penalty for the man is still death in many places. You're not going to tell me that there is any less of a disincentive for the man to commit rape as opposed to consensual adultery.

The rapes in Egypt during the protests, the strategies used by men to split a girl off from the pack and attack her, and the almost inevitable pack rape that it turns into demonstrate how predatory these men and the culture in general are.

Oh right, and nothing like that ever happens in the west  Roll Eyes

In many parts of the Muslim world I would argue it is close enough to 100%. That is a woman's lot in life - married off at around puberty to some old bloke who is a friend of the family, for a life of loveless marriage to a husband who sees her as his property. And that is just the legal side of rape.

That is what we call a stereotype. No doubt it happens in some places, but how prevalent it is you have absolutely no way of knowing. And the suggestion that in islam, it is normal and even expected for men to marry into a loveless relationship and rape their wives every night is frankly offensive.

Just like I said in my previous post, you have precisely zero evidence about rates of spousal rape in muslim countries, so it is completely pointless bringing it up. I have no reason to suspect that the rates are any more than they are in the west.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Dec 22nd, 2013 at 8:45am

I have to ask Gandalf, were you being sincere in your earlier posts?

IP Logged

Pete Waldo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

U.S.
Reply #9 - Dec 27th, 2013 at 4:24am

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 20th, 2013 at 7:38pm:
Even in western countries where we go to great effort to convict rapists and support victims, rape convictions still only scratch the surface of the actual incidence of rape. To assume that the opposite is true in Muslim countries, despite the culture of oppression and objectification of women (and yes, even jailing rape victims), is simply naive.

What you seem to be insinuating, though you won't specifically say it, is that rape in the muslim world is at least as prevalent in the west, but probably more.

I would view it more as an obvious matter of fact, since a woman has to come up with 4 witnesses to bring an allegation of rape against a man in Islam.
Otherwise face being imprisoned, like the Norwegian tourist that filed a complaint of rape in Dubai, and got sentenced to 16 months in jail, for fornication.
Anyone who goes on vacation, to any Islam controlled country, may perhaps also get what they asked for.

Rape in Islam
youtube.com/watch?v=V22qDQqMPL0

falseprophetmuhammad.com/islamic_slavery_dhimmitude.htm
Bukhari B34, #432 Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: that while he was sitting with Allah's Apostle he said, "O Allah's Apostle! We get female captives as our share of booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interruptus?"

Bukhari B59 #459 Narrated Ibn Muhairiz: I entered the Mosque and saw Abu Said Al-Khudri and sat beside him and asked him about Al-Azl (i.e. coitus interruptus). Abu Said said, "We went out with Allah's Apostle for the Ghazwa of Banu Al-Mustaliq and we received captives from among the Arab captives and we desired women and celibacy became hard on us and we loved to do coitus interruptus......"

Unless a person believes that a women would desire to have sex with the men responsible for beheading their husbands, little sons, fathers and grandfathers, there is only one word for what they did to those women, and that word is rape.

Sura 33:50-51 - "O prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war ... this only for thee, and not for believers [at large]; we know what we have appointed for them as to their wives and the  captives whom their right hand possess; - in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And God is oft-forgiving, most merciful...

Sahih Muslim: "It is permissible to have sexual intercourse with a captive woman after she is purified (of menses or delivery) in case she has a husband, her marriage is abrogated after she becomes captive.

Just doing what they can to do as their "messenger" Muhammad did:

"Eyewitness accounts detailing the [Muslim] militia attacks are horrifying. "They killed my 3-year-old son right in front of my eyes," one father from West Darfur said. Since last fall, women have reported more than 500 rapes. Three women said five [Muslim] militiamen beat and raped them last August. The women said, "After they abused us, they told us that now we would have Arab babies. And, if they would find any [more] women, they would rape them again to change the color of their children.""
beholdthebeast.com/great_tribulation.htm

Why don't you take a break from the Islamic dissimulation and taqiyyah you are engaged in, and simply do a YouTube search like - rape sweden norway muslims

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 20th, 2013 at 8:55pm:
Just like I said in my previous post, you have precisely zero evidence about rates of spousal rape in muslim countries, so it is completely pointless bringing it up. I have no reason to suspect that the rates are any more than they are in the west.

From what is considered Islam's most "inspired" hadith collection:

Bukhari (72:715) - A woman came to Muhammad and begged him to stop her husband from beating her.  Her skin was bruised so badly that it is described as being "greener" than the green veil she was wearing.  Muhammad did not admonish her husband, but instead ordered her to return to him and submit to his sexual desires.
thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/003-wife-beating.htm
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2013 at 4:54am by Pete Waldo »  

Truth can never be told so as to be understood and not be believed. ~ William Blake
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Feb 16th, 2014 at 2:10pm

Wally playing the same game. I love the complaint that Aborigines do it too:

wally1 wrote on Feb 16th, 2014 at 1:58pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 16th, 2014 at 12:51pm:
wally1 wrote on Feb 16th, 2014 at 12:08pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 16th, 2014 at 10:57am:
wally1 wrote on Feb 16th, 2014 at 10:26am:
freediver wrote on Feb 16th, 2014 at 9:45am:
They hide it because "the community" would castrate them if they found out.

Do you see the difference?

Who said they didn't find out?They turned a blind eye for years and years and that's why now there conducting a royal commission.

Children flogged at Anglican Church ‘hellhole’

The North Coast Children’s Home in Lismore was a hellhole. Kids were flogged with broomsticks, canes, pony whips and belts. They were locked in cupboards and made to stand for ages on one leg. If they fell over they were belted.

Daily Reports of Deviant Catholic Priests

Reports of Catholic priests being charged for deviant behaviour anywhere in the world appear to being made almost daily. One such report by The Australian newspaper is of Pennsylvanian police having charged a Catholic priest after he was found with a “pantless” 15 year old boy in a car park at Pennsylvania State University. The priest told the police he was “counselling” the teen. He later admitted having arranged the meeting through a casual encounters website. He has been suspended from his parish.

Churches to count the cost of abuse – 100,000 victims to sue

UP to 100,000 people will make claims for compensation in the wake of the royal commission into institutionalised abuse, according to a leading lawyer.

They are pinning their hopes on the commission recommending that a “redress fund” be set up, into which institutions at blame would pay commensurate sums of money.

Lawyer Peter Kelso said the Catholic Church may be forced to sell some of its multi-million dollars worth of land and property holdings to pay its fair share of a fund.

While the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse will not be able to make awards of compensation, its terms of reference call on it to find ways so that victims can get redress from institutions.

Wally, that is what it looks like when a community tries to stamp out this behaviour.

In comparison, a Muslim shops around for in imam to solemnise his pedophilia, then walks into a centrelink office expecting them to give a handout to his child bride.

Do you see the difference yet?

Im very sorry freediver, my mistake.

I can see the difference between thousands of children abused and rape by catholics and priests on comparison to a very few cases of Australian muslim paedophila.

Again my apoligies.One day we will go out for a drink, and please don't attack me after a drink, cause that's what most aussies do.

How many cases of Muslim pedophilia do you think there are? If the Muslim community makes no effort to see them punished, how could you possibly know? We know about priest raping kids because we do not simply ignore it. Our community does not claim it is the priests' right to have sex with children because that is what Jesus did.

Do you see the difference yet?

I can only go off evidence from police/government sources etc and I cant just go off hearsay.The police admit that's its the first time they have ever come across such muslim marriage in Australia.

So there are 500,00 muslims in aus and been here for 40 years, but there is no evidence of paedophila?

There are far less jews in Australia and paedophilia is far more rampant by jews compared to muslims in Australia.And this is documented.

There have ben hundreds of cases where Australian girls in remote areas and in the aboriginal communities where underage marriage is rampant, and been going on for years.

No body makes issues about those underage marriage but all hell breaks out when muslims do it.

IP Logged

wally1
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 16th, 2014 at 2:14pm

What game am I playing?

You can't answer my response then you post my post in another thread to get some support.

I mentioned a while back I don't support the Islamic marriage ceremony.maybe go back and do some reading.

IP Logged

Pete Waldo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

U.S.
Reply #12 - Feb 16th, 2014 at 8:37pm

No rape? Try Muslim rape gangs in Europe:
https://www.google.com/#q=muslim+rape+gangs+europe

Sweden
https://www.google.com/#q=muslim+rape+gangs+sweden

Britain
https://www.google.com/#q=muslim+rape+gangs+britain

Raping women is all just a part of the entitlement of Islamic conquest.

http://www.beholdthebeast.com/great_tribulation.htm

"Eyewitness accounts detailing the militia attacks are horrifying. "They killed my 3-year-old son right in front of my eyes," one father from West Darfur said. Since last fall, women have reported more than 500 rapes. Three women said five militiamen beat and raped them last August. The women said, "After they abused us, they told us that now we would have Arab babies. And, if they would find any [more] women, they would rape them again to change the color of their children.""

In the mold of Muhammad and his fellow cutthroats:

(1) Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: that while he was sitting with Allah's Apostle he said, "O Allah's Apostle! We get female captives as our share of booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interrupt us?" The Prophet said, "Do you really do that? It is better for you not to do it. No soul that which Allah has destined to exist, but will surely come into existence.  (Book #34, Hadith #432)

(2) Narrated Ibn Muhairiz: I saw Abu Said and asked him about coitus interruptus. Abu Said said, "We went with Allah's Apostle, in the Ghazwa of Barli Al-Mustaliq and we captured some of the 'Arabs as captives, and the long separation from our wives was pressing us hard and we wanted to practice coitus interruptus. We asked Allah's Apostle (whether it was permissible). He said, "It is better for you not to do so. No soul, (that which Allah has) destined to exist, up to the Day of Resurrection, but will definitely come, into existence."  (Book #46, Hadith #718)

(3) Narrated Ibn Muhairiz: I entered the Mosque and saw Abu Said Al-Khudri and sat beside him and asked him about Al-Azl (i.e. coitus interruptus). Abu Said said, "We went out with Allah's Apostle for the Ghazwa of Banu Al-Mustaliq and we received captives from among the Arab captives and we desired women and celibacy became hard on us and we loved to do coitus interruptus. So when we intended to do coitus interrupt us, we said, 'How can we do coitus interruptus before asking Allah's Apostle who is present among us?" We asked (him) about it and he said, 'It is better for you not to do so, for if any soul (till the Day of Resurrection) is predestined to exist, it will exist."  (Book #59, Hadith #459)

(6) Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: We got female captives in the war booty and we used to do coitus interruptus with them. So we asked Allah's Apostle about it and he said, "Do you really do that?" repeating the question thrice, "There is no soul that is destined to exist but will come into existence, till the Day of Resurrection."  (Book #62, Hadith #137)

(7) Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: That while he was sitting with the Prophet a man from the Ansar came and said, "O Allah's Apostle! We get slave girls from the war captives and we love property; what do you think about coitus interruptus?" Allah's Apostle said, "Do you do that? It is better for you not to do it, for there is no soul which Allah has ordained to come into existence but will be created."  (Book #77, Hadith #600)

(8) Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: That during the battle with Bani Al-Mustaliq they (Muslims) captured some females and intended to have sexual relation with them without impregnating them. So they asked the Prophet about coitus interrupt us. The Prophet said, "It is better that you should not do it, for Allah has written whom He is going to create till the Day of Resurrection." Qaza'a said, "I heard Abu Sa'id saying that the Prophet said, 'No soul is ordained to be created but Allah will create it."  (Book #93, Hadith #506)

Truth can never be told so as to be understood and not be believed. ~ William Blake
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Apr 13th, 2014 at 7:45pm

True Colours wrote on Apr 12th, 2014 at 4:31pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 12th, 2014 at 4:24pm:
True Colours wrote on Apr 12th, 2014 at 4:13pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 11th, 2014 at 3:39pm:
You scoffers haven't once addressed the points that Pickering makes in his daily offerings. You haven't even said where he's wrong.

How about his trying to blame the recent gang-rape of two girls on Muslims,  when the rape occurred in an area where the largest ethnic group are Assyrian Christians?

You're on the defensive on behalf of Muslim youth, are you?

link

link

The statistics in that link are a bit of a sick joke aren't they though?

Did you notice the wording "adjusted for laws, taboos and rates"

In other words, the author has just pulled them out of their a$$

Check raw statistic data, Muslim countries actually have the lowest rape rates.

IP Logged

True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 13th, 2014 at 9:05pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Dec 20th, 2013 at 11:37am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 19th, 2013 at 3:02pm:

Take your pick there are numerous cases, there was an Aussie lady Alicia Gali who was thrown in jail in the UAE after reporting being raped.

A couple of points I would make:

1. UAE law is not Islamic but is a mixture of British colonial law, and whatever the local British-educated dictator feels like making into law.

2. The woman was jailed because she had been drunk, not because she had filed a rape complaint.

Islam does not condone rape even if the woman is blind drunk - but obviously the rulers of the UAE do not want Western women going around the place drinking to excess and thereby causing all sorts of problems that are associated with drunkenness.

The situation arises because some of the emriates in the United Arab Emirates un-Islamically facilitate the consumption of alcohol to please their Western buddies, but then feels ashamed to have the results of that consumption on display. So they crack down harshly on those engaged in drunken debauchery.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print