Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
Australian Federation of Islamic School Rorts (Read 18562 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Australian Federation of Islamic School Rorts
Reply #60 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 9:15am

freediver wrote on Dec 14th, 2013 at 12:01am:
The investigations have led to the resignation of Mr Patel as president of AFIC and as school board chairman

People responsible for financial mismanagement of tax dollars should resign.

Note that the article does not state, as you claim, that there were merely unresolved questions over the legitimacy of the $9 million dollars in 'fees'. Instead, they have been ordered to pay it back to the government.

No you misunderstood me. The fact that the money was wrongly transferred is not in doubt, and never was - that is why they were made to pay it back.  But that is entirely different to saying it was a deliberate rort. No one - not the auditors, neither state or federal government and certainly not The Australian - is saying it was a delberate rort. Thats entirely your spin.

They do not get to keep the money and figure out some other accounting tricks to deprive Muslim children of education funds.

You still haven't provided any sort of evidence that AFIC - as the landholder and administrator of the school - were not entitled to the rental and administration fees. Its likely they will still get the money from the school, just not from funds allocated by the state.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #61 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 9:27am

bump

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #62 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 9:29am

Thanks Herbert.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/latest/a/7008504/islamic-college-leader/

Quote:
Following a police raid on the Australian Islamic College, its founder, Abdullah Saad Magar, was found guilty of fraudulently claiming millions of dollars from the State and Federal governments, and was jailed for three years.

Now isn't that convenient, spelled out in black and white for everyone to see? Maybe now the resident Muslims and Islamic apologists will allow themselves to have an opinion on the matter.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #63 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 9:44am

Quote:
People responsible for financial mismanagement of tax dollars should resign.

Ooooh careful Gandalf. That's a bit harsh. Are you sure you should be saying such things without approval? Who told you that you could say "financial mismanagement"? Isn't "minor clerical errors" the PC term?

Quote:
No you misunderstood me. The fact that the money was wrongly transferred is not in doubt, and never was - that is why they were made to pay it back.

It was not "wrongly transferred" from the government. It was "wrongly transferred" (ie, defrauded/stolen) from the school to the AFIC. The school has to pay it back to the government because they were complicit in the fraud.

Quote:
But that is entirely different to saying it was a deliberate rort.

You'll have to explain for us the difference between "wrongly transferring" $9million from a children's school and fraud. I still don't see it.

Quote:
No one - not the auditors, neither state or federal government and certainly not The Australian - is saying it was a delberate rort. Thats entirely your spin.

No-one is saying it was accidental. That is entirely your own naive spin. Except you cannot bring yourself to actually say that, because it would be too absurd. The closest you can get is "not deliberate".

Quote:
You still haven't provided any sort of evidence that AFIC - as the landholder and administrator of the school - were not entitled to the rental and administration fees.

The guy responsible has resigned in humiliation. The school has had to pay back the money and may be shut down. Of course they were not entitled to it, except of course in the eyes of Muslims, who think that Muslims are entitled to do whatever they want with infidel money.

Quote:
Its likely they will still get the money from the school, just not from funds allocated by the state.

How will the school run without accreditation and without 80% of it's funding?

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 10:05am

edit, wrong thread
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2013 at 10:11am by Stratos »  

Pete Waldo wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 11:24pm:
Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #65 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 10:18am

freediver wrote on Dec 14th, 2013 at 9:29am:
Now isn't that convenient, spelled out in black and white for everyone to see? Maybe now the resident Muslims and Islamic apologists will allow themselves to have an opinion on the matter.

I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about the Malek Fahd school in Sydney. I suppose one instance of criminal fraud at a school in WA makes islamic schools all over Australia guilty of the same right?  Tongue But then you did believe that 5 other NSW schools mentioned were somehow part of the Malek Fahd scandal.

freediver wrote on Dec 14th, 2013 at 9:44am:
It was not "wrongly transferred" from the government. It was "wrongly transferred" (ie, defrauded/stolen) from the school to the AFIC.

No, that is not clear at all. As I said, there is nothing to indicate that landholder and administrator of the school (AFIC) was not entitled to those fees. I have asked repeatedly for evidence to the contrary and you are silent on the matter.

No-one is saying it was accidental. That is entirely your own naive spin. Except you cannot bring yourself to actually say that, because it would be too absurd. The closest you can get is "not deliberate".

No, you don't "accidentally" pay the rent and administration fees to your landlord  Roll Eyes The question you have so spectacularly failed to address is a) was AFIC, as the landholder and administrator, entitled to those fees and b) was it deliberately paid out of government grants?

The guy responsible has resigned in humiliation. The school has had to pay back the money and may be shut down. Of course they were not entitled to it

All you are proving is that fees paid to AFIC - whether they were entitled to or not - were paid from the wrong account. Have you grasped the concept that as the landholder and administrator of the school AFIC might be entitled to some fees from the school yet?

Heads rolled, as they should have because of this mismanagement of public funds.

How will the school run without accreditation and without 80% of it's funding?

They are getting the funding and the accreditation. Read your article.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #66 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 10:49am

Quote:
I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about the Malek Fahd school in Sydney.

There have been five different schools implicated. Hence the term "rampant fraud".

Quote:
I suppose one instance of criminal fraud at a school in WA makes islamic schools all over Australia guilty of the same right?

The fraud goes right to the top of the AFIC.

Quote:
But then you did believe that 5 other NSW schools mentioned were somehow part of the Malek Fahd scandal.

You tell me.

Quote:
No, that is not clear at all. As I said, there is nothing to indicate that landholder and administrator of the school (AFIC) was not entitled to those fees. I have asked repeatedly for evidence to the contrary and you are silent on the matter.

I gave you the evidence. Spelled out in black and white.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #67 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 3:18pm

freediver wrote on Dec 14th, 2013 at 10:49am:
The fraud goes right to the top of the AFIC.

Where does it say any other of the schools besides Malek Fahd is affiliated with AFIC?

freediver wrote on Dec 14th, 2013 at 10:49am:
I gave you the evidence. Spelled out in black and white.

No you didn't. Spend a little more time comprehending exactly what I was asking for.

Again, do you actually understand that a landholder who is leasing land out to a school may be entitled to fees from that school? Was $9 million an excessive amount for that? This is the question you need to answer.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #68 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 3:28pm

I don't have to answer it for you. It has already been answered. It was a rort, just like with the other Islamic schools. Your feeble attempts to excuse it show just how ingrained this is in Islamic culture, and why it took our national newspaper to expose it.

From Muhammed's own lips:

Abu Hurairah narrates that the Prophet said: “One who keeps the faults of a Muslim secret in this world, Allah will keep his faults in the Hereafter and Allah remains in the help of the (Muslim) man until he is in the help of his brother.” (Musnad Ahmad: 274/2)

Where are all the Muslim protestors demanding a proper education for their children? They are too busy demanding proof that the AFIC fraudsters are fraudsters.

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 3:50pm

freediver wrote on Dec 14th, 2013 at 3:28pm:
I don't have to answer it for you.

Yes you do, you make the claim, now back it up.  Don' run away.

Your feeble attempts to excuse it show just how ingrained this is in Islamic culture, and why it took our national newspaper to expose it.

How has anything Gandalf has said made you draw this conclusion?  This is a very illogical step in your argument.

Your feeble attempts to excuse

No one will be excusing anything if they are found to be guilty of some kind of deliberate wrongdoing, but as at this stage they are only being investigated, I will withhold my judgement until some facts come to light.

Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #70 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 3:56pm

Their fraud has caused a loss in income of $9 million, or possibly even $18 million, from a Muslim school. It may still cause the closure of the school. You obviously don't have children there, because according to you everything is fine because they don't have a criminal record yet - unlike that other Islamic school from a few years back, where the criminal trial has already ended with guilty verdicts.

Move along people, nothing to see here....

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 4:36pm

freediver wrote on Dec 14th, 2013 at 3:56pm:
unlike that other Islamic school from a few years back, where the criminal trial has already ended with guilty verdicts.

Whats this referring to?

ou obviously don't have children there, because according to you everything is fine

Everything is not fine, everything is under investigation.  That however is not the same as guilty.  Also absolute lol at you pretending to care for these children.  Is that like a default option for you when you don't have any facts?

If this wasn't a Muslim school you would never have started a thread on it, and you are only looking to grasp at whatever desperate straws you can find to justify your xenophobia.  I'll wait and reserve judgement, but you go right ahead and proclaim the entirety of Islamic culture as corrupt and thievish without any proof.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #72 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 5:45pm

Quote:
Whats this referring to?

Last time you were going on about being found guilty of something. Herbert posted an article about just that. I copied a link and extract, on this page of this thread.

Quote:
Everything is not fine, everything is under investigation.

Not everything. Some investigations have concluded already, hence my point (which you ignored of course) that you seem far to eager to ignore the $9/18million deprived from the children's education fund.

Quote:
Also absolute lol at you pretending to care for these children.

I am highlighting the hypocrisy of Muslims. We have had Muslims right here on this forum claiming that Islam emphasises education. The reality is far different. Even when it is their own children being stolen from, all they have is excuses, as Islam demands.

Abu Hurairah narrates that the Prophet said: “One who keeps the faults of a Muslim secret in this world, Allah will keep his faults in the Hereafter and Allah remains in the help of the (Muslim) man until he is in the help of his brother.” (Musnad Ahmad: 274/2)

Quote:
If this wasn't a Muslim school you would never have started a thread on it

"A" Muslim school? There are five so far in the recent round, plus the one from WA that Herbert posted about that has had criminal convictions already. I don't know how many Muslim schools there are in Australia, but this would have to put a dent in them. Yet it is only non-Muslims making an issue out of it. All the muslims can do is offer excuses and tell people there is nothing to see here. Plus, it is not just Muslim schools, but the head of the peak representative body. It would be like the archbishop of cantebury stealing from children and being froced to resign and a large chunk of the UK anglican schools being closed or investigated and having to hand back their funding. Do you think the Anglicans would be as eager as the Muslims to offer excuses?

Quote:
I'll wait and reserve judgement

For what? Judgements have already been made. The $9million was defrauded and must be paid back.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #73 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 7:36pm

Dear O dear O dear ..... When will we ever see an end to this mischief?

Why are our politicians looking the other way so as to avoid having to do anything about it?

This is from Holland where the same Muslim moral delinquency is proving the stereotype.

Quote:
Investigations into the theft have revealed deep-rooted corruption and revisited previous dirty dealings at the Islamic school, the only Islamic secondary school in the country. In 2007, for instance, Ibn Ghaldoun’s directors were found to have used over €200,000 in government subsidies earmarked for books and local educational school outings to take 200 students and their families not, say, to the Rijksmuseum or Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, but to Mecca. To make matters worse, school administrators then created false receipts and invoices to cover up the misallocation of funds.

Quote:
Other money also appears to have been paid that same year to local imams not officially affiliated with the school, including the radical Khalil El Moumni, known, among other things, for regularly characterizing homosexuals as being “worse than pigs.”

Quote:
It isn’t only that several hundred of Rotterdam’s Muslim youth attend a school where lying and stealing is evidently the norm for the administration, creating an environment in which the basic values and principles of Western law and social values are dismissed and disregarded; and it isn’t only that the role model this establishes for these children is one that not only ignores Dutch law, but defies it. What is worse is that such lessons, according to the NRC Handelsblad, are actually taught directly: in a discussion with seven non-Muslim teachers from the school (all of whom claim to have taken jobs there in the hope of improving chances for underprivileged Muslim youth), reporter Andreas Kouwenhoven discovered that after-school “study groups” prove not to be study groups at all. Rather, one Ibn Ghaldoun teacher told him, “they were classes aimed at indoctrinating the children. The lessons were directed against Dutch culture: Girls should never marry a Dutch boy or a non-believer [non-Muslim].”

Quote:
Students threatening teachers. Teachers threatening students. Corruption in the classrooms, the hallways, and, eventually, becoming a national scandal – all part of daily life at an Islamic high school in Rotterdam. There, according to a recent article in Dutch daily NRC Handelsblad, non-Muslim teachers are pressured to pass failing Muslim students, while Muslim teachers hold secretive classes instructing their pupils on the evils of European culture.

Quote:
The consequences of all this are significant. The unemployment rate among the Dutch Muslim population, particularly among Moroccans, is 15 percent, versus 8 percent of non-Muslims. Far more live in poverty. These facts are frequently cited as reasons for the high rate of criminality in the Muslim (and especially Moroccan) community, and as proof that Muslims are discriminated against by non-Muslim employers. But the situation at the school suggests that the problems lie deeper, in a systemic, cultural approach to maneuvering through life and handling an adverse situation: the lying, the cheating, the threats.

Quote:
What’s more, failure to assimilate appears to come, then, not from discrimination or difficulties in adapting per se, but as a deliberate strategy promoted not just by radical imams in the mosques, but by the schools.

rats-in-the-silo

IP Logged

wally1
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 8:01pm

Stratos wrote on Dec 14th, 2013 at 4:36pm:
unlike that other Islamic school from a few years back, where the criminal trial has already ended with guilty verdicts.

Whats this referring to?

ou obviously don't have children there, because according to you everything is fine

Everything is not fine, everything is under investigation.  That however is not the same as guilty.  Also absolute lol at you pretending to care for these children.  Is that like a default option for you when you don't have any facts?

If this wasn't a Muslim school you would never have started a thread on it, and you are only looking to grasp at whatever desperate straws you can find to justify your xenophobia.  I'll wait and reserve judgement, but you go right ahead and proclaim the entirety of Islamic culture as corrupt and thievish without any proof.

Bingo stratos.

If it was a non Muslim school nobody would be talking about it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print