Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Richard Dawkins Condones Child Molestering (Read 10693 times)
True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Richard Dawkins Condones Child Molestering
Nov 4th, 2013 at 10:16pm

He was a victim of child sexual abuse but Richard Dawkins refuses to condemn the behaviour

AFTER admitting to being sexually abused as a child, renowned evoluntionary biologist and author Richard Dawkins has refused to condemn the behaviour.

Dawkins told Britain's The Times magazine that a schoolmaster "pulled me on his knee and put his hand inside my shorts". But he described it as a "mild touching up" that he was convinced did not do him or any of his fellow classmates "any lasting harm".

This is not the first time the outspoken atheist has discussed child abuse. According to a report by RawStory.com he made claims in April this year that parents who forced their children to accept their religious beliefs were abusers, and has also compared being raised as a Catholic to sexual abuse.

"I am very conscious that you can't condemn people of an earlier era by the standards of ours," Dawkins told The Times magazine. "Just as we don't look back at the 18th and 19th centuries and condemn people for racism in the same way as we would condemn a modern person for racism, I look back a few decades to my childhood and see things like caning, like mild pedophilia, and can't find it in me to condemn it by the same standards as I or anyone would today"

Dawkin's comments have been strongly criticised by the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) an organisation that works with survivors of abuse.

"Mr. Dawkins seems to think that because a crime was committed a long time ago we should judge it in a different way," NSPCC child protection director David Watt told RNS. "But we know that the victims of sexual abuse suffer the same effects whether it was 50 years ago or yesterday."

Founder of the National Association for People Abused in Childhood, Peter Saunders has also spoken out against Dawkin's remarks.

"Abuse in all its forms has always been wrong. Evil is evil and we have to challenge it whenever and wherever it occurs," Sanders told reporters...

http://www.news.com.au/world/he-was-a-victim-of-child-sexual-abuse-but-richard-dawkins-refuses-to-condemn-the-behaviour/story-fndir2ev-1226717774514

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Re: Richard Dawkins Condones Child Molestering
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2013 at 11:27pm

You're probably wasting your time, so just enjoy your life.

Atheism has no Gods. Maybe some people worship Richard Dawkins, but I haven't met any. They don't get upset if somebody draws a cartoon of Richard Dawkins.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 8:38pm

"Molestering".  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Nothing would be what it is,
Because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary-wise - what it is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

MumboJumbo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2014 at 6:50pm

True Colours wrote on Nov 4th, 2013 at 10:16pm:
Dawkins told Britain's The Times magazine that a schoolmaster "pulled me on his knee and put his hand inside my shorts". But he described it as a "mild touching up" that he was convinced did not do him or any of his fellow classmates "any lasting harm".

This is not the first time the outspoken atheist has discussed child abuse. According to a report by RawStory.com he made claims in April this year that parents who forced their children to accept their religious beliefs were abusers, and has also compared being raised as a Catholic to sexual abuse.

Haha, he thinks religion is worse than molestation. Oh boy.

See Profile For Update wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 2:58pm:
Why the bugger did I get stuck on a planet chalked full of imbeciles?

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 8:39am

I get the impression he wasn't judging all molestation and saying he couldn't condemn it, he was judging his molesatation and couldn't condemn it.

Plus, context, its a hell of a thing.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #5 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 8:50am

The guy is obviously troubled but if he is saying that the abuse to him had no impact on his life then that may be the case (though he has ended up how he is) .

He does no seem to be saying that it has no impact on other people.

I do not see how he is condoning it based on this story though I doubt that many would be surprised if he did.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #6 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 8:50am

MumboJumbo wrote on Nov 19th, 2014 at 6:50pm:
True Colours wrote on Nov 4th, 2013 at 10:16pm:

Haha, he thinks religion is worse than molestation. Oh boy.

You can often get both at the same shop.

IP Logged

MumboJumbo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 11:20am

Shots fired!

See Profile For Update wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 2:58pm:
Why the bugger did I get stuck on a planet chalked full of imbeciles?

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #8 - Nov 9th, 2015 at 6:23pm

Considering that Richard Dawkins is a closet Gay (Homosexual) he tries to justify inappropriate behavior of his headmaster. When he was 12 Richard Dawkins was raped (penetrated) by his biology teacher who initiated him in Gay community.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2015 at 6:30pm by athos »  

Do we need to be always politically correct.
In the world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Nov 9th, 2015 at 9:13pm

athos wrote on Nov 9th, 2015 at 6:23pm:
Considering that Richard Dawkins is a closet Gay (Homosexual) he tries to justify inappropriate behavior of his headmaster. When he was 12 Richard Dawkins was raped (penetrated) by his biology teacher who initiated him in Gay community.

Probably why he ended up marrying the hottest Dr Who companion ever

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #10 - Nov 10th, 2015 at 12:07am

It seems to me that the god botherers are trying to gain a few cheap points.

The mind boggles as to how they might interpret the bible.

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

Blasphemy: a victimless
crime

Adelaide
Reply #11 - Nov 10th, 2015 at 10:51am

Show me where he "condones" it.

IP Logged

Bazza

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 11:20pm

Yeah I think the guys mind wanders a bit too much in that chair. Some of the crap he comes out with is simply amazing.

IP Logged

John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 8:07am

Richard Dawkins speaks for Richard Dawkins only. His comments on the "clock boy" comparing him with ISIS child murderers, are stupid and distasteful.

72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #14 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 8:28am

John_Taverner wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 8:07am:
Richard Dawkins speaks for Richard Dawkins only. His comments on the "clock boy" comparing him with ISIS child murderers, are stupid and distasteful.

And yet atheists will quote him endlessly when it suits them. If Dawkins is an example of atheism then no wonder churches are increasing attendances.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print