Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Real estate commissions (Read 8800 times)
Jaqs

Australian Politics

Re: Real estate commissions
Reply #15 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 2:29pm

One small problem with going private on your sale rather than using an agent is some folk won't even look at a property that's not listed with a reputable agent.  Going private is only an advantage to yourself re saving costs. 

Many buyers like the security of knowing the listed property for sale is with a well known real-estate agency...

So by going private you could be cutting your buyer market significantly. 

(I speak from NZ experience - I don't know the Aussie market.)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #16 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 2:39pm

Jaqs wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 2:29pm:
One small problem with going private on your sale rather than using an agent is some folk won't even look at a property that's not listed with a reputable agent.  Going private is only an advantage to yourself re saving costs. 

Many buyers like the security of knowing the listed property for sale is with a well known real-estate agency...

Well stated. And the same applies here too Jaqs.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 2:15pm

Yea I would agree with that. I don't think I would buy or even look at a property privately advertised. My first reaction would be there was something  wrong with the property.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #18 - Dec 27th, 2013 at 9:56am

Plus most people don't like to make a deal direct with the seller. Fear I think it is.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

MBK

Australian Politics

Tassie
Reply #19 - Jan 14th, 2014 at 4:34pm

Real Estate Institute in your state sets the fee for members, as well usually, the State Board who control and license the Agents to run an office and the sales reps license too to sell under that office's  RE Agent's License. He/She takes the can if it goes wrong.

A good appraisal should include at least 6 current properties for sale in your area that compare as well as 6 sold with details of starting price and sold prices. And of course the person doing the appraisal should measure the area of the home and age of items like Solar HWS tank for depreciation. States like NSW mostly auctions which cost more - WA and SA private treaty sales. Far better for both imo. Only time an auction is required is if the property has an unquantifiable item like stunning views like no other or a Mansion in reality not McMansion etc.

should also offer advice to get a better price with areas needing updating or repair and how to present the home for viewing.

Today with unemployment far to often those looking for work end up selling and are simply order takers not sales material and then you have the lazy ones who don't do the required product knowledge with is walking through and appraising every new listing on the market in the area you service putting your own price on it and keeping up with it til sold for appraisals.

Outcome over the years of far too high prices placed on homes that disappoint the vendor. But often too he/she will visit homes in their area and make incorrect comparison.Your own is always going to be worth more to your eyes.

How do I know? Retired Licensed Agent.

It does pay to get at least 2 written appraisals as long as presented as above in other words not just an off the cuff walk through price - that's a cowboy quote. Will waste your time and continually ask for price reductions. Unless you know the Agent or his/he representative personally having bought or sold with them  prior or been recommended by close person you trust.
Even then they should be able to quote your area and you will likely know the home as doing your own research - pays to do so. Just take off the blinkers - you are selling after all!  Cool

I still go through homes open for viewing although on the web these days - to see how the selling person acts. If they tell you the people are needing a quick sale etc or why even they are selling - too much info not doing the job employed to do which is to get fair market value for the property as the vendor pays the bill. Not the buyer. This I loath to hear but all too often do.
Means they put in lower offers- same as should when you ask what will they take? Quote back the asking price on the listing but then say why what will you offer then if interested - and then why. That also qualifies the selling agency and selling rep - do I want this person to sell mine.

Unless the buyer employs the Agent to act in buying a property then reversed by you pay the fee!

Whites, too, have a right to exist. The primary duty you have as a human being is to preserve the heritage of your ancestors and pass on to your children a country they can call their own and where th

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #20 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 3:18pm

skippy. wrote on Oct 26th, 2013 at 2:15pm:

Yea I would agree with that. I don't think I would buy or even look at a property privately advertised. My first reaction would be there was something  wrong with the property.

Agree. And/or exceptionally greedy seller / property so overpriced all agents have said "ya dreamin' " and can't be bothered with an unrealistic or obtuse ignorant seller.

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #21 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 3:20pm

bogarde73 wrote on Dec 27th, 2013 at 9:56am:
Plus most people don't like to make a deal direct with the seller. Fear I think it is.

Also very true, few people have the aptitude to craft a deal together, hence agents fill a valid role.

IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Reply #22 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 8:04pm

Rider wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 3:20pm:

Also very true, few people have the aptitude to craft a deal together, hence agents fill a valid role.

Exactly.  And a lot of owners have an inflated opinion of their house's value as well.  Agents are a necessary evil.....

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:05pm

Frances wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 8:04pm:
Rider wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 3:20pm:

Exactly.  And a lot of owners have an inflated opinion of their house's value as well.  Agents are a necessary evil.....

Good point.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Steampipe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #24 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:31pm

You can be sure that the buyer is going to make sure you don't save any money. The best you can expect is to save the buyer some money by you doing all the work for no return.

If I negotiate with a owner seller expect the price to drop because there are no agent fees involved.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print