Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 188
Send Topic Print
spineless apologetics (Read 341237 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: spineless apologetics
Reply #2250 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 8:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 6:35pm:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, FD.  Still not getting the message?  Bullying doesn't work with me.  Run along, find some Grade One's you can bully in the schoolyard, OK?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Asking for evidence is now bullying.

You sad, stupid, unmoored big thick, you.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2251 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 9:21pm

Frank wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 8:48pm:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, FD.  Still not getting the message?  Bullying doesn't work with me.  Run along, find some Grade One's you can bully in the schoolyard, OK?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk,  Soren, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2252 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 9:24pm

Brian whinged about me asking when the Mongol Empire was established, after he claimed it was before the Caliphates. Apparently that is also bullying. Asking him pretty much anything is bullying, or distracting him in any way from spewing idiocy in defence of Islam.

Brian, do you have the right or ability to criticise other nations or religions?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2253 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 11:54pm

freediver wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 9:24pm:
Brian whinged about me asking when the Mongol Empire was established, after he claimed it was before the Caliphates. Apparently that is also bullying. Asking him pretty much anything is bullying, or distracting him in any way from spewing idiocy in defence of Islam.

Brian, do you have the right or ability to criticise other nations or religions?

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  You really are a petty little fellow, aren't you, FD?   Tsk, tsk,  you don't like to answer questions but only ask them, you don't like being corrected.   So, now, how big was the Caliphate again, compared to the Mongol and British Empires?   As the Mongols controlled most of Asia and a good slice of Eastern Europe, how much did the first Caliphate control again?  Arabia, wasn't it?

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2254 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 6:32am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 9:21pm:

youre pretty dumb bwian.

it indisputable that jesus only preached peace.
so did the buddha.
they werent the head of some army you fool.

its indisputable that mohammed was a warlord.
he was at the head of an army his entire life.
its indisputable that he enforced conversion by the sword.
its indisputable that war broke out between 2 factions of islam immediately upon his death.

these facts are not islamophobia, they are simply facts.

so the whole ideology is different to christianity and buddhism and confuscius .

to bury your head in the sand and just go tsk tsk really shows you for what you are

'an inferior man" and probably, because you have leftie girls you want to get with, a supplicator of women and a white knight.

i think leftie women may be drawn to islam because western men are so "weak sauce".
but for a western man to be drawn to islam?

well, either grow a set and go join ISIS and show that you are a warrior or stop trying to suck up to lefty women who would undoubtedly be repulsed by your feminine personal narrative
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2017 at 7:12am by aquascoot »  

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #2255 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 7:11am

aquascoot wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 6:32am:

youre pretty dumb bwian.

so did the buddha.

its indisputable that war broke out between 2 factions of islam immediately upon his death.

so the whole ideology is different to christianity and buddhism and confuscius .

to burt your head in the sand and just go tsk tsk really shows you for what you are

'an inferior man" and probably, because you have leftie girls you want to get with, a supplicator of women and a white knight.

i think leftie women may be drawn to islam because western men are so "weak sauce".

well, either grow a set and go join ISIS and show that you are a warrior or stop trying to suck up to lefty women who would undoubtedly be repulsed by your feminine personal narrative

I don't think the Left is the Left anymore. There is such a lack of direction in Western society that vague and un-provable opinions have gained credibility. In what can be seen as a society dominated by consumerism and suburban banality, the credit given to Islam by some is nothing more than Orientalism, a fascination with the exotic and perhaps mystical facade. If they were objective, they would see the ugly and primitive aspect of religion, but then such things as aroma therapy would disappear too.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2256 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 7:24am

issuevoter wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 7:11am:

youre pretty dumb bwian.

so did the buddha.

to burt your head in the sand and just go tsk tsk really shows you for what you are

I don't think the Left is the Left anymore. There is such a lack of direction in Western society that vague and un-provable opinions have gained credibility. In what can be seen as a society dominated by consumerism and suburban banality, the credit given to Islam by some is nothing more than Orientalism, a fascination with the exotic and perhaps mystical facade. If they were objective, they would see the ugly and primitive aspect of religion, but then such things as aroma therapy would disappear too.

possibly true.

my take on it is that the west has started to value the concept of "kindness" above the concept of "truth".
thats very dangerous.

because the world is not a "kind" place.

and i think all these kind hearted people (and maybe mothra and bwian and karnal are kind hearted) ...they are not seeing reality as it is.
they are divorced from it.

but a couple of things are happening.

1.  the reptilian brain of the female is drawn to alpha male behaviours.  and the dudes from ISIS are more alpha then Bwian.

2  the refusal to accept the "harsh reality " of life always backfires.
the kid who is just treated with kindness develops no resilience
the wife whose husband shields her from the world becomes agarophobic and wont leave the house when some trauma occurs
the person who cowers in the corner and covers himself with a sheet will eventually be forced by nature to 'man up".

the terror attacks , from the viewpoint of the kabalian , are simply the universe giving you what you need. a kick in the guts to wake you from your durp state.
a lot of people (and maybe most europeans ) dont want to respond to this kick.  but the universe is not unicorns and rainbows and kindness. it is a failure to accept this "truth' that will finish off this false ideology eventually.
the universe will keep kicking them in the guts and challenging them until they get up and acknowledge "the truth"  . 

and this is a good thing .

the world is ying and yang. without harshness, there can be no softness.
without struggle, there can be no rest
without ugliness, there can be no beauty

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2257 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:38pm

Brian defends Islam while whining about bullying every time the idiocy of his posts is pointed out to him.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2258 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 3:39pm

youre pretty dumb bwian.

so did the buddha.

Couldn't agree more.  Not sure why you're claiming I dispute those "facts", when I never have.  "islamophobia" shows an irrational fear of Muslim people.  People alive today, some 1400 years after the death of Mohammed.   You really should stop erecting strawmen arguments.   Roll Eyes

Quote:

To Buddhism?  Somewhat.  To Christianity?  Not really, considering that Islam is based upon Judiasm and Christianity to a large extent (with a twist of course).  Again, you're erecting strawmen arguments because I have never disputed there are differences between Islam and other religions.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
to bury your head in the sand and just go tsk tsk really shows you for what you are

Run along,  Your pop Psychology doesn't really belong in a serious discussion about religion.    Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2017 at 5:09pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2259 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 3:42pm

freediver wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:38pm:
Brian defends Islam while whining about bullying every time the idiocy of his posts is pointed out to him.

Run along, FD.   You know, not many people tell outright lies but you're one exception.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2260 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 4:54pm

aquascoot wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 7:24am:
this is a good thing .

the world is ying and yang. without harshness, there can be no softness.
without struggle, there can be no rest
without ugliness, there can be no beauty

That's why we should be as mean to each other as possible, Aquascoot. The Superior Man's a real prick, no?

He's just trying to help.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2261 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 6:39pm

Here is Brian arguing that Christianity is not really different to Islam, then in the very next sentence whinging about people claiming he said this.

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 3:39pm:
Quote:

To Buddhism?  Somewhat.  To Christianity?  Not really, considering that Islam is based upon Judiasm and Christianity to a large extent (with a twist of course).  Again, you're erecting strawmen arguments because I have never disputed there are differences between Islam and other religions.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2262 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 6:41pm

FD, do you have one drawer for left socks and another for right socks?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2263 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 9:18pm

freediver wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 6:39pm:
Here is Brian arguing that Christianity is not really different to Islam, then in the very next sentence whinging about people claiming he said this.

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 3:39pm:
Quote:

So, FD, you're disputing that Islam is based heavily on Judaism and Christianity?   Really?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2264 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 10:29am

Brian why can you make these generalisations about Nazis but not about Muslims? And who gave you permission to criticise Nazism?

freediver wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:49am:
Brian Ross wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 12:42pm:
Setanta wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 12:45am:
Brian Ross wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 12:24am:
Setanta wrote on Dec 22nd, 2017 at 11:24pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Dec 22nd, 2017 at 11:19pm:
Setanta wrote on Dec 22nd, 2017 at 11:02pm:
Are Nazis bad Brian?

Many are, Setanta.   

Sort of like other groups with nasty ideologies?

Like any group.  Some are nice, some are nasty, some are indifferent.  The Nazis stood for nasty ideals and supported a nasty man and a nasty regime.  

Islam is a nasty ideology from a nasty man, as is Nazism, yet you use Nazi as an insult, even though you acknowledge all were not bad people and get offended when others do the same with Islam. Why don't you support the moderate Nazis rather than label them as all the same?

As an "insult", really?  Where do you get that idea from?   The millions who died in WWII in Europe and North Africa and the Middle-East simply dropped dead because they chose to?

I am willing to acknowledge that some Nazis were honourable however, I rather suspect anyone who gave their allegiance to the crooked cross were interested in the same sort of things our own PHONies are - national aggrandisement, demeaning and even perhaps deporting or killing immigrants, taking their property, destroying their families, and so on.

In my experience, the over-whelming majority of Australian Muslims I have met have been honourable, well meaning, decent people who just want to be left alone to live their own lives and to raise their children in peace.   They have no intent on harming others, no intent on stealing from others.   Yes, I don't doubt there are some nasty Muslims but they are very much in the minority.  Very much so.  Should we condemn all Muslims in the same way we condemn (nearly) all Nazis?   Nope.   They are simply Australians who worship a different religion to the main.  Just like Jews/Hintus/Buddhists/Shinto/etc.    They have a right to believe what they believe.   Nazis don't.    They lost a massive war, which was waged to show the world's repugnance at what they were doing.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What about people who give their allegiance to a genocidal pedophile?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 188
Send Topic Print