Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 ... 188
Send Topic Print
spineless apologetics (Read 340994 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: spineless apologetics
Reply #2235 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:18pm

moses wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:01pm:
The point is, it was used as part of the propaganda campaign by the left to press drugs as being the lesser of the two evils (that's the subliminal message the left wants' to promote).

You won the day, drugs are now an almost insurmountable problem in western society

In the US, opiates are a huge problem due to years of over-prescribing.

In Australia, alcohol-related violence is a huge problem due to all the pubs and clubs.

But far worse, in my opinion, is the curse of gambling. This is a huge problem due to the availability of pokies.

All these things are legal.

I hardly think that lobbyists, whether they're the pharmaceutical companies, the Australian Hotels Association, or medical marijuana enthusiasts, are leftists bent on winning arguments, Moses. Drugs are a market.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2236 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:49pm

All drugs are extremely dangerous if used wrongly: alcohol, prescription drugs, gambling etc have to be used in a careful considered manner.

Why haven't you said one thing about illegal drugs?

Regarding your agruments to downplay the dangers of illegal drugs.

My previous fact stands:

Quote:
The point is, it was used as part of the propaganda campaign by the left to press drugs as being the lesser of the two evils (that's the subliminal message the left wants' to promote).

You won the day, drugs are now an almost insurmountable problem in western society

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2237 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 3:21pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2017 at 7:40pm:
Why do you avoid the idea of an exhaustive review of the evil in Christianity, Moses?

Oh, that's right, you don't recognise any evil in the Christian religion, do you?  Tsk, tsk, I'm sure all the Paedophiles take heart from your support...    Roll Eyes

Where did you discover pedophilia in the Christian religion, Bwian?  There are pedophiles among all denominations as well as atheists.

But I am not aware that pedophilia is somewhere IN the Christian religion. Point to it, Bwian.

As for Islam, it IS at its hearts as Muslim scholars never tire of explaining. Example:

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2238 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 5:20pm

moses wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:49pm:
All drugs are extremely dangerous if used wrongly: alcohol, prescription drugs, gambling etc have to be used in a careful considered manner.

Why haven't you said one thing about illegal drugs?

Regarding your agruments to downplay the dangers of illegal drugs.

My previous fact stands:

Quote:

You're downplaying legal drugs.

What are you? A lobbyist?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2239 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 9:38pm

Frank wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 3:21pm:
Why do you avoid the idea of an exhaustive review of the evil in Christianity, Moses?

Oh, that's right, you don't recognise any evil in the Christian religion, do you?  Tsk, tsk, I'm sure all the Paedophiles take heart from your support...    Roll Eyes

Where did you discover pedophilia in the Christian religion, Bwian?  There are pedophiles among all denominations as well as atheists.

But I am not aware that pedophilia is somewhere IN the Christian religion. Point to it, Bwian.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Have you missed the Royal Commission into Institutionalised Paedophilia?  You know all the court cases where Christians have been charged with historical Paedophilia?   Tsk, tsk, Soren, I never realised just how ignorant and blind you were to events around you.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2240 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:18am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 9:38pm:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Have you missed the Royal Commission into Institutionalised Paedophilia?  You know all the court cases where Christians have been charged with historical Paedophilia?   Tsk, tsk, Soren, I never realised just how ignorant and blind you were to events around you.    Roll Eyes

You sad, thick little aunt. So sport is inherently pedophilia, too? Aboriginal dreamtime, Islam,  private schools, foster parenting, etc? The royal commission didnt cover the churches only.

In any case, big thick, the point was about Christianity being inherently, in its teachings, being pedophiluuac, NOT  about this or that priest, against all the teachings and the rules of the churches being a pedophile. Even with a mail order doctorate you should be able to discern the difference. But you aren't.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2241 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:42pm

Please excuse the interruption.

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:38pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 12:00pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:00pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 6:50pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:01pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 12:21pm:
Brian is the one who claimed he finds it interesting that I ignore people knocking on his door. Most would consider that mundane, or stupid.

Or are you saying Islam is not the greatest modern threat to freedom and democracy?

Of course it isn't.  It is represented by only ~3% of the population, FD.  Are you terrified they are going to destroy your "freedom and democracy"?   Really?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

3% of what population Brian?

Why the only one that matters, FD.  The Australian one.   Nearly all our Muslims are well behaved, well assimilated and non-violent.   Were you talking about the overseas ones?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Why do only Australians matter Brian? Are Australians the greatest modern threat to freedom and democracy?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, why don't you tell us, FD?  It's your story, afterall.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2242 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:10pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 8:39am:
No, I’m not confusing “greater military efficiency”.  I’m comparing intent. America isn’t intent on killing people for the purposes of spreading their religion. Isis and all jihadists are. Oh sorry, better not get bwian all upset - mujahideen Grin

I'm not comparing intent - and I made that crystal clear in my last post. My point is that just in terms of raw numbers of casualties, American military action in the post war era has undeniably caused more suffering around the world than all muslim military activity during the same time. Tell me you are not disputing that simple fact at least. And even from a purely moral point of view, that should be the only relevant consideration. Or shall we go dig up all the dead kiddies killed by US airstrikes and tell them its not so bad because they weren't "intended" to be killed?

Quote:
And how exactly have America created the hell that is Syria? Not to mention the hell that is Iraq? Was Iraq a paradise before?

You're not seriously suggesting that ISIS in Iraq and Syria would have emerged without the catastrophic invasion of Iraq are you?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2243 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 3:10pm

Quote:
Or shall we go dig up all the dead kiddies killed by US airstrikes and tell them its not so bad because they weren't "intended" to be killed?

While they're at it dig up all the dead kids killed by muslims as they obeyed the Al Walaa wa al Baraa doctrine of islam.

A Muslim is to hate what Allah hates and love what Allah loves. Allah hates the Kafir, therefore, a Muslim is to act accordingly.

So it's perfectly O.K. they non muslim kids were justly killed.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2244 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 3:18pm

Frank wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:18am:

You sad, thick little aunt. So sport is inherently pedophilia, too? Aboriginal dreamtime, Islam,  private schools, foster parenting, etc? The royal commission didnt cover the churches only.

Did I claim it did, Soren?  Care to quote back to us where I said that?   Roll Eyes

Quote:
In any case, big thick, the point was about Christianity being inherently, in its teachings, being pedophiluuac, NOT  about this or that priest, against all the teachings and the rules of the churches being a pedophile. Even with a mail order doctorate you should be able to discern the difference. But you aren't.

It may claim to be, Soren and I'm sure fools like you may believe that but in reality, the findings from the Royal Commission seem to indicate there is something very wrong indeed in the practise of Christianity in Australia and the rest of the world if Paedophilia is as prevalent as it appears to be.

Tell me, Soren, how Muslims around the world are hard-core, committed Terrorists who are prepared to undertake a Terrorist act for their religious beliefs?  1% 2% 3% 5%?

What is the average for Catholic Clergy (note, that is just one major Denomination) have been found to be Paedophiles in the USA?   Do you know?  Do you care?   ~14%.   Now spread that around the world.  That is a lot of Paedophiles, all in the one religious group...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2245 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 4:59pm

Another good one from Brian:

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 4:56pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 8:12am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 3:23pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 3:21pm:
moses wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 2:47pm:
Aww gee here's me thinking the whole world was on the right track with their perception the muslims were the top of the terror list.

Now I've got leftard apologists making excuses for them yet again (what's changed?)

Oh well the leftards need to inform the rest of the world they are wrong, I mean how can we stop teror if our  national security organizations are listing the wrong people?

"Making excuses"?  Where, Moses?   I have yet to see any excuses made for Terrorism, by anybody, except you, if the Terrorists are Christian.  Tsk, tsk, you disown them immediately.  Declare them to be non-Christians.   The only Terrorism excuser we actually see to have, is yourself.  Hypocrite!   Roll Eyes

That's quite true.

Everyone from the left on this forum has condemned all terrorism.

Those on the right, however, refuse to condemn white, non-Muslim terrorists.

In fact, some even cheer them on.

If a Muslim killed 800 innocent Jews in order to wipe out an entire tribe and scare the rest into submission, would "everyone from the left" condemn it? Or would they try to defend it so as not to offend those who were ideologically compelled to support this genocide?

Well, considering that happened a long time ago, FD condemning it without understanding the context would be pointless.

How about Jews?  Afterall, they wiped out at least one village when Israel was established (Deir Yassin).  Do you condemn them, FD?    Roll Eyes

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 4:58pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 12:50pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 11:49am:
freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 8:12am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 3:23pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 3:21pm:
moses wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 2:47pm:
Aww gee here's me thinking the whole world was on the right track with their perception the muslims were the top of the terror list.

Now I've got leftard apologists making excuses for them yet again (what's changed?)

Oh well the leftards need to inform the rest of the world they are wrong, I mean how can we stop teror if our  national security organizations are listing the wrong people?

"Making excuses"?  Where, Moses?   I have yet to see any excuses made for Terrorism, by anybody, except you, if the Terrorists are Christian.  Tsk, tsk, you disown them immediately.  Declare them to be non-Christians.   The only Terrorism excuser we actually see to have, is yourself.  Hypocrite!   Roll Eyes

That's quite true.

Everyone from the left on this forum has condemned all terrorism.

Those on the right, however, refuse to condemn white, non-Muslim terrorists.

In fact, some even cheer them on.

If a Muslim killed 800 innocent Jews in order to wipe out an entire tribe and scare the rest into submission, would "everyone from the left" condemn it? Or would they try to defend it so as not to offend those who were ideologically compelled to support this genocide?

Who in this forum, from the left, is defending genocide FD?

Most of them. Let's start with Brian. He has some peculiar excuses for this genocide.

Excuses?  Nope.  Explanations, yes, I do.  Which is further than you've ever gone, FD.   Tsk, tsk, I suppose we should ignore all the other Genocides committed before then as well?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2246 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 8:42pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 3:18pm:

Did I claim it did, Soren?  Care to quote back to us where I said that?   Roll Eyes

Quote:

It may claim to be, Soren and I'm sure fools like you may believe that but in reality, the findings from the Royal Commission seem to indicate there is something very wrong indeed in the practise of Christianity in Australia and the rest of the world if Paedophilia is as prevalent as it appears to be.

Tell me, Soren, how Muslims around the world are hard-core, committed Terrorists who are prepared to undertake a Terrorist act for their religious beliefs?  1% 2% 3% 5%?

What is the average for Catholic Clergy (note, that is just one major Denomination) have been found to be Paedophiles in the USA?   Do you know?  Do you care?   ~14%.   Now spread that around the world.  That is a lot of Paedophiles, all in the one religious group...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Thank you for your wild and unsupported asssertion, Big Thick.

Do you know how stupid you are?  ~ 100%

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2247 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 10:36pm

Frank wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 8:42pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 3:18pm:

Quote:

Thank you for your wild and unsupported asssertion, Big Thick.

Do you know how stupid you are?  ~ 100%

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, deny reality all you like, Soren.   The truth is out there though...  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2248 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 6:23pm

Brian doing another elaborate tapdance:

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:53pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 16th, 2017 at 9:23pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 16th, 2017 at 9:13pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 16th, 2017 at 7:28pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 5:46pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 5:26pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 5:20pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 5:12pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 2:56pm:
In only 130 years, the Muslims captured the largest land empire that had ever existed.

In a single word, bullshit, FD.  Total and utter bullshit.  First the Mongols, then the British created empires which were larger in both land area and population than what was captured by the Muslims.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Comparison of areas:
Mongol Empire:
http://i.imgur.com/5ZkzGnV.png

Muslim Empire:
https://www.so-rummet.se/sites/default/files/Karta-islams-expansion-araberna.jpg

British Empire:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/British_Empire.svg

You really are confused Brian.

Do you think the Roman Empire was bigger than the Caliphate?

Didn't mention the Roman Empire, FD. 

Concentrate on what was said, not what you imagined was said.  In both cases, the Mongol Empire before the establishment of the Caliphates and the British Empire afterwards, out classed it in both land area and population size.  Tsk, tsk, such wilful ignorance.    Roll Eyes

You certainly are confused Brian. When was the Mongol Empire established?

Have you ever wondered why the British Empire brought about a massive and unprecedented increase in wealth and the spread of liberal democracy, whereas the Muslim empire brought about stagnation, with living standards remaining below what had occurred previously in the west and concurrently in the east?

Brian, let us know when you are less confused, OK?

The only one confused here is yourself, FD. 

Get back to us with a proper understanding of how small the Muslim Caliphate was compared to the Mongol and the British Empires...   Roll Eyes

When was the Mongol Empire established Brian?

Do you agree with this now?

Quote:
In only 130 years, the Muslims captured the largest land empire that had ever existed.

Or are you going to keep digging yourself a hole of idiocy in the hope of coming out the other side?

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, poor, poor, FD.  Sorry, bullying doesn't work with me.  Thought you'd have realised that by now.  Until you produce evidence that the Caliphate was larger than the Mongol Empire (which stretched from Poland in Europe to the Bering Strait, from the Barents Sea to the Persian Gulf) or the British Empire (which stretched around the globe, non-contiguously) you are just barking up the wrong tree.   I have provided maps.  You then tried to fudge it by concentrating on the Roman Empire, which I did not mention.   Now run along, I'm sure you can find some Grade Ones in the schoolyard that you can bully.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2249 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 6:35pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, FD.  Still not getting the message?  Bullying doesn't work with me.  Run along, find some Grade One's you can bully in the schoolyard, OK?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 ... 188
Send Topic Print