Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 188
Send Topic Print
spineless apologetics (Read 337105 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
spineless apologetics
Sep 15th, 2013 at 6:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 5:39pm:
Quote:
Is this the Islam you are so keen to defend with your "fair deal" nonsense, what about those who no longer believe in that bullshit barfed up by a 7th century desert bandit do they deserve a fair deal like article 18 of the Universal declaration of human rights?
Quote:
7 nations where atheism is punishable by death.
All 7 establish Islam as the state religion.
Pakistan,Saudi Arabia,Iran,Afghanistan,Sudan,Mauritania and the Maldives
www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/10/the-seven-countries-where-...

I make no excuses for those nations and their laws, BV.  I merely recognise that it is their right to create and unfortunately impose those punishments.   It is terrible but I also recognise I have no right or ability to criticise them.  I am neither a member of their religion or a citizen of any of those nations.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Re: spineless apologetics
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 9:15pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 5:39pm:
Quote:
I make no excuses for those nations and their laws, BV.  I merely recognise that it is their right to create and unfortunately impose those punishments.   It is terrible but I also recognise I have no right or ability to criticise them.  I am neither a member of their religion or a citizen of any of those nations.

What a blinkered, squishy, silly bvgger you are Brain. Excuses is exactly what you are making, and really craven ones at that.

You are suggesting, idiotically, that you can criticise only Australians, Australian laws and customs and then only if they are of the same religion as you. What fvckwittery!

You are ready for the shahada - alas, no criticism of those you share a religion with then. Come to think of it, you are not criticising them already. Allahu Akhbar, what!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 10:30pm

So, personal attacks now, FD?  Tsk, tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 12:56pm

Doing well there Brian!  Your first personal attack thread.  Why are these bigots and Islamophobes so predictable?  They can't beat you in debate and so instead attack you personally.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 1:03pm

I do love it how FD starts all these threads with absolutely no scope for a constructive discussion - just to say "there! I scored a point!"

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 1:38pm

Well, you have to recognise it, Gandy and Hot Breasts, BR made two rather stupid and paradoxical claims within a single paragraph that even you will not be able to reconcile, even with your considerable skills in the art of explaining contradictions.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 3:30pm

|dev|null wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 12:56pm:
Doing well there Brian!  Your first personal attack thread.  Why are these bigots and Islamophobes so predictable?  They can't beat you in debate and so instead attack you personally.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Do you support the Islamic death penalty for leaving Islam (apostasy) Hb, is that a violation of article 18 of the universal declaration of human rights?

Quote:
The prophet said-
If somebody (a muslim) discards his religion,kill him.
www.sunnah.com/bukhari/56/226

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 3:38pm

The only death penalty I support is for those who oppose the will of the people as expressed through a proper vanguard revolutionary party!  Counter-revolutionary Conservatives are the third group up against the wall after the Revolution!  Viva Revolution!    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 3:40pm

Soren wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 1:38pm:
Well, you have to recognise it, Gandy and Hot Breasts, BR made two rather stupid and paradoxical claims within a single paragraph that even you will not be able to reconcile, even with your considerable skills in the art of explaining contradictions.

So, how is the cheese selling business going Sorearse?  Making much money from it?   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 7:00pm

|dev|null wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 3:40pm:

So, how is the cheese selling business going Sorearse?  Making much money from it?   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Don't laugh, Hot Breasts, it's your milk.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 7:11pm

Brian provides a broad apology for institutionalised pedophilia, to show how robustly fair he is to Islam:

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 6:14pm:
Lionel Edriess wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 5:45pm:
I find all this discussion about what constitutes a 'child' quite disturbing.

I will accept as a given that a 'child' may well reach puberty before the age of 10 - however, what of their intellectual and mental levels? Are they as mature psychologically as they are physically?

In my opinion, the thin veneer of 'civilization that has been laid over our limbic system is directly responsible for most of humanity's present woes. What was once deemed acceptable is no longer - just as what was once condemned is now deemed acceptable.

Just because one, or a number, of societies adopt, or fail to abstain from certain practises does not make them either correct or acceptable to others.

Marrying children is a primitive custom. It has no place in a modern society where children really are children.

The legislation relating to the age of consent is there for a reason.

Lionel, are you aware of the theory that "childhood" as a concept only really started to appear in the Georgian period in the UK?  Before then "children" were expected to earn their keep from an early age, as young as 4.  It wasn't until the introduction of the first child labour laws in the UK as early as 1802 but they merely regulated working hours, not the minimum age at which a child could work.

I often find it rather remarkable that some people assume that today's morality on these sorts of issue is equally applicable to earlier periods, even over a thousand years ago, in history.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 7:25pm

Appears you are mistaking discussion as an "apology", FD.

Appears you also mistaken explanation as "apology".

Perhaps you need to revisit that definition of "bigot" I provided?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 7:36pm

of the worst kind

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 7:48pm

Soren wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 7:00pm:
|dev|null wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 3:40pm:

Don't laugh, Hot Breasts, it's your milk.

I say, old chap, don’t tell me you’re being inseminated by Hot Breasts as well? Quite the queen-bee, aren’t we, dear?

I do hope you think of your old PB when you’re taking milk.

And don’t forget to say your prayers while you’re squeezing out that cheese.

We want to corner both ends of the market - Muslim.and anti-Muslim alike.

There are so many similarities, as we know.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #14 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 8:23pm

freediver wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 7:36pm:
of the worst kind

Yes, you are a bigot, aren't you, FD?

I find these sorts of threads very amusing.  They show the real attitudes of their originators so clearly.    Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 188
Send Topic Print