Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Fairness towards a religion? (Read 9756 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Fairness towards a religion?
Reply #15 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 12:43pm

There is no reason why we can't have a section on Judaism. I have even started a few threads about Jews myself. Did you know that they are always to blame for conflict? I wonder which way Brian would bend...

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #16 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 12:58pm

freediver wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 12:43pm:
There is no reason why we can't have a section on Judaism. I have even started a few threads about Jews myself. Did you know that they are always to blame for conflict? I wonder which way Brian would bend...

I would "bend" exactly the same way I have always "bent", FD.  I would suggest that if you believe that "Jews...are always to blame for conflict," that you were being anti-Semitic, which is exactly the same as being Islamophobic, FD - based upon prejudice and bigotry.   Which way do you, "bend"?  Are, "Jews...are always to blame for conflict?" 

Unlike many Australians who pay lip-service at best to the concept of the "fair go", I actually try and apply it.  What about you, FD?  I haven't seen much evidence of that in your attitudes towards Muslims...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 1:24pm

Quote:
I would "bend" exactly the same way I have always "bent", FD.  I would suggest that if you believe that "Jews...are always to blame for conflict," that you were being anti-Semitic, which is exactly the same as being Islamophobic, FD - based upon prejudice and bigotry.

But if a Muslim said it you would pretend it never happened, right? Because Muslims are above the Jews on your list of people to apologise for?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #18 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 1:39pm

freediver wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 12:31pm:
Quote:
It isn't.  Religions aren't secular, ideologies are, FD.

I see English is not your strong point.

Ho, ho.  Keep trying, FD.   Grin

Quote:
Quote:
Nope.  I wouldn't piss on Herr Hitler if he was on fire, FD.

I'm not talking about Hitler. If Nazis decided Hitler was God's messenger, would you suddenly be obligued to defend them from "unfair" criticism?

Nope.  I am obliged to defend no one, FD.  I defend those who I feel an injustice is being done.  You, OTOH, appear to enjoy inflicting injustices on others for some reason.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Again, comparing apples and oranges, FD.  Tsk, tsk.

Why are they so different?

As far as I can tell, Mohammed did nothing out of the ordinary compared to the standards of the day, FD.  You however want to compare his actions of modern morality.  Not very intelligent that, now is it?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #19 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 1:41pm

freediver wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 1:24pm:
Quote:
I would "bend" exactly the same way I have always "bent", FD.  I would suggest that if you believe that "Jews...are always to blame for conflict," that you were being anti-Semitic, which is exactly the same as being Islamophobic, FD - based upon prejudice and bigotry.

But if a Muslim said it you would pretend it never happened, right? Because Muslims are above the Jews on your list of people to apologise for?

Got it wrong, all deserve to be treated fairly, FD.   Do you think some to be treated unfairly merely through guilt by association?
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2013 at 2:00pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 1:43pm

Quote:
You however want to compare his actions of modern morality.  Not very intelligent that, now is it?

It's what Muslims do all the time. Apparently Muhammed still has the moral high ground.

Quote:
You, OTOH, appear to enjoy inflicting injustices on others for some reason.

By injustice, you mean saying mean things?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #21 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 2:02pm

freediver wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 1:43pm:
Quote:
You however want to compare his actions of modern morality.  Not very intelligent that, now is it?

It's what Muslims do all the time. Apparently Muhammed still has the moral high ground.

Some or all Muslims, FD?  See what I mean about stereotyping?   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
You, OTOH, appear to enjoy inflicting injustices on others for some reason.

By injustice, you mean saying mean things?

I mean by condemning them all because of the actions of a few.   Roll Eyes

Do you think all Muslims do these things?  YES/NO

Your language indicates you do IMO.

IP Logged

True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 2:03pm

...Did you know that they are always to blame for conflict?...

So you've studied at the Mel Gibson School of International Politics then?

So when can we see our Judaism forum up and running?

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #23 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 2:13pm

True Colours wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 12:40pm:
Why can't we have a section on Judaisam?
Or are you too politically correct for that Freediver?

wtf!?
Islam today is equivalent to fascism.

Judaism is merely philosophy at most, theology, not IDEOLOGY - where women are repressed, people are killed in the name of some pedophile.

Seriously, I don't know of many Jewish who would follow religion so blindly these days, most Jews (that I know) are interested in science, innovation, technology, and at most theology: but not on a extremist level. they do not stone to death anymore, there is nothing radical about the majority of Jewish, which you can not say about majority of muslims.
Something like comparing dingo's vs Labradors: most dingoes are vicious and dangerous animals, where only tiny minority happens to be friendly 'by lack', and it is the other way around with Labradors: intelligent and kind, and only a tiny odd minority.
Most muslim believers are falling backwards pre-ancient egypt, it's scary and should not be avoided in Australia. We don't want it here, we don't need it here!
Fascism is not tolerated.

If GST rises by 5%, then your income must also rise by 5%. Which means you will either become unemployed or underpaid. Choose wisely

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #24 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 2:16pm

True Colours wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 2:03pm:
...Did you know that they are always to blame for conflict?...

So you've studied at the Mel Gibson School of International Politics then?

So when can we see our Judaism forum up and running?

As you correctly pointed out, we shouldn't really be seeing any islamic forums or islamic teachings. True.

If GST rises by 5%, then your income must also rise by 5%. Which means you will either become unemployed or underpaid. Choose wisely

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #25 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 2:21pm

Torpedo wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 2:13pm:
True Colours wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 12:40pm:
Why can't we have a section on Judaisam?
Or are you too politically correct for that Freediver?

wtf!?
Islam today is equivalent to fascism.

According to whom?  You?  And your expertise on the issue is?

Quote:
Judaism is merely philosophy at most, theology, not IDEOLOGY - where women are repressed, people are killed in the name of some pedophile.

You obviously know very little about Judaism, particularly WRT to it's extreme, orthodox groups or it's political ideology of Zionism.  You also seem to have missed the long running history of Israeli oppression of the Palestinians or even the Israeli use of terrorism to further it's political ideals...

Quote:
Seriously, I don't know of many Jewish who would follow religion so blindly these days, most Jews (that I know) are interested in science, innovation, technology, and at most theology: but not on a extremist level. they do not stone to death anymore, there is nothing radical about the majority of Jewish, which you can not say about majority of muslims.

I take it that you assume the reverse about the majority of Muslims.   I wonder why do you believe that?  Do you have any evidence to back your claims or is it merely blind prejudice (again)?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #26 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 2:31pm

my own observations is enough for me!
I don't need to listen to bullshit from your lying mouth.
Why don't you get back to your 2 wonderful kids  Wink

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 3:44pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 14th, 2013 at 11:46pm:
I bend over in no direction, FD.  What I want to see is a fair deal for Muslims and their religion

You want a special deal for Islam where it cannot be criticised, you are a hypocrite who will bag all religions except Islam.

Is this the Islam you are so keen to defend with your "fair deal" nonsense, what about those who no longer believe in that bullshit barfed up by a 7th century desert bandit do they deserve a fair deal like article 18 of the Universal declaration of human rights?
Quote:
7 nations where atheism is punishable by death.
All 7 establish Islam as the state religion.
Pakistan,Saudi Arabia,Iran,Afghanistan,Sudan,Mauritania and the Maldives
www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/10/the-seven-countries-where-...

Since you are so keen to defend Islam what is a fair deal for a religion that kills-imprisons people for Apostasy,blasphemy,adultery and homsexuality in 2013, do you expect people to remain silent about a religion that kills people for thought crimes?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 3:51pm

But Baron, you are missing the point. King Leer killed someone 13 generations ago. Therefor we are not allowed to criticise Islam, or we are bigots.

Quote:
Some or all Muslims, FD?  See what I mean about stereotyping?

Show me a Muslim who does not think Muhammed is an eternal example to all mankind.

Then I will take you seriously.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #29 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 3:57pm

freediver wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 3:51pm:
Show me a Muslim who does not think Muhammed is an eternal example to all mankind.

That is not the issue. The issue is what muslims consider the 'take-home' message about Muhammad. Your conclusion is that because (in your view) Muhammad was a warmongering misogynistic rapist pedophile, that all muslims therefore condone warmongering, misogyny, rape and pedophile - and even more than that, consider those things virtues.

Your problem is that you assume muslims accept that portrayal of Muhammad. Its what we call a logical fallacy.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print