Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
another Aussie Muslim terrorist (Read 13391 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
another Aussie Muslim terrorist
Sep 14th, 2013 at 6:32pm

This one ended up in paradise rather than our jails. I'm sure it's another conspiracy by the AFP to trick Australian Muslims into being terrorists.

Australian man in Syria, 'Abu Asma al-Australi', suspected to be suicide bomber

http://www.theage.com.au/national/australian-man-in-syria-abu-asma-alaustrali-suspected-to-be-suicide-bomber-20130914-2trfh.html

An Australian man is suspected of carrying out a suicide bombing attack in Syria on behalf of the proscribed terror group the al-Nusrah Front.

Photos of the suspected bomber with his face blurred out have been circulating on social media websites as community members in Australia attempted to verify his identity.

Some sites were reporting that the man was from Queensland and had travelled to Syria with his wife before sending her back to Australia just a short time ago.

The man, referred to by multiple jihadist social media accounts as "Abu Asma al-Australi", died following a car-bomb attack on a school where troops had been stationed in the city of Deir al-Zor, the sixth largest in the war torn country.

A spokesman for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade said the Australian Government was aware of reports that an Australian had killed himself in a suicide bombing in eastern Syria, but could not confirm any of the speculation.

He said the government is seriously concerned that Australians are fighting in Syria, including some with al- Qaeda linked al-Nusrah.

"This is being handled as a security and intelligence matter. It is the long-standing practice of Australian Governments not to comment on security and intelligence matters," he said.

Video footage purported to be of the aftermath of the incident, and viewed by Fairfax Media, shows a large cloud of smoke seen to rise high up in the air, visible kilometers away.

Up to 200 Australians have reportedly joined the fighting in Syria, with ASIO chief David Irvine earlier this year confirming domestic intelligence agency is attempting to monitor their movements.

The timing of the attack is still unknown however the British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the bombing had sparked fighting in the city that was still ongoing.

"Regular forces are still clashing with al-Nusra Front and several rebel factions in the perimeter of the Deir Izzor military airport, after a suicide bomber from al-Nusra called "Abu Asma' al-Australi" blew up himself in a detonated car in the school in al-Mre'iya town in which regular forces are centralized, it lies near the Deir Izzor military airport," the groups website states.

Other online posts made by Islamic news accounts include: "@AlNusrawi: The martyr who carried out a martyrdom operation in Deir al Zor is Abu Asma' al Ustrali."

Al-Nusrah announced its presence in Syria via a video statement in January 2012.

The al-Qaeda linked Syrian terrorist group was listed a terrorist organisaiton by the federal government in March.

It's stated objectives are to remove President Bashar al-Assad and create a salafist-oriented Sunni Islamist state in Syria.

Al-Nusrah believes its actions, which included multiple vehicle suicide bombings in Damascus that killed up to 100 people in February, are supported by religious texts.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: another Aussie Muslim terrorist
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 7:43pm

Never mind FD, at least he has the unflinching support of the US, Britain and France. Had he just waited just a little longer, Obama would have provided him with air support.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 7:47pm

An Australian man is suspected of carrying out a suicide bombing attack in Syria on behalf of the proscribed terror group the al-Nusrah Front.

IP Logged

True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 8:05pm

Freediver is a supporter of the murderous Syrian dictator who gassed his own people. Why am I not surprised?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 8:26pm

freediver wrote on Sep 14th, 2013 at 7:47pm:

al-Nusrah dominates the FSA. The original secular component of the FSA is impotent and completely sidelined by al-Nusrah and other foreign jihadist elements. A recent assault by US-backed secular forces from their base in Jordan was routed by the SAA, and al-Nusra watched on, not lifting a finger to help their fellow rebels.

A recent New York Times article summarised the current state of the rebellion with this:

Quote:
Across Syria, rebel-held areas are dotted with Islamic courts staffed by lawyers and clerics, and by fighting brigades led by extremists. Even the Supreme Military Council, the umbrella rebel organization whose formation the West had hoped would sideline radical groups, is stocked with commanders who want to infuse Islamic law into a future Syrian government.

Nowhere in rebel-controlled Syria is there a secular fighting force to speak of.

Obama is committed to assisting the FSA in ousting Assad. He not only currently provides material support, he is determined to launch air strikes against them. And in case you think this is merely symbolic, Obama himself made it clear that "we don't do pinpricks". As a US congressmen stated, the US will effectively become "Al Qaeda's air force".

In short, helping the FSA is helping al-Nusra, and helping Syria on the path to becoming a fundamentalist hell-hole.

Why do you think the west is so determined to help terrorists FD?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 9:11pm

I don't. Why do you?

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 9:14pm

Freaks, monsters
Pah!

If GST rises by 5%, then your income must also rise by 5%. Which means you will either become unemployed or underpaid. Choose wisely

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 9:32pm

freediver wrote on Sep 14th, 2013 at 9:11pm:
I don't. Why do you?

Me?

Why do I what?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 9:41pm

Why do you think the west is determined to help terrorists?

IP Logged

True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 9:46pm

Torpedo wrote on Sep 14th, 2013 at 9:14pm:
Freaks, monsters
Pah!

If he had killed women and children instead of enemy soldiers you might consider him a hero of American standards?

US soldier behind Afghanistan massacre laughs at murder charges

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #10 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 10:15pm

freediver wrote on Sep 14th, 2013 at 9:41pm:
Why do you think the west is determined to help terrorists?

They are determined to help the rebels against Assad. Rebels are dominated by al-Nusra and other islamist terrorists. How can you then say the west doesn't want to help terrorists?

In Libya, the west intervened to help the rebels there overthrow Gaddafi. The CIA then set up a smuggling ring in Benghazi for fighters and weapons into Syria.

Quote:

IP Logged

wally1
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 11:07pm

If America didn't attack Iraq there would of been no nusrah front.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 8:34am

Quote:
How can you then say the west doesn't want to help terrorists?

Your own description of the events paints exactly that picture.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 8:52am

You're not making any sense FD. Again, why is Obama hell bent on assisting a rebel group that is now dominated by islamist terrorists? Why set up the smuggling ring in Benghazi to smuggle in foreign jihadists (terrorists) into Syria? Why tolerate such a blatant false flag attack by the rebels and use it as a casus belli for direct strikes against Assad?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Sep 15th, 2013 at 8:57am

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 14th, 2013 at 8:26pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 14th, 2013 at 7:47pm:

al-Nusrah dominates the FSA. The original secular component of the FSA is impotent and completely sidelined by al-Nusrah and other foreign jihadist elements. A recent assault by US-backed secular forces from their base in Jordan was routed by the SAA, and al-Nusra watched on, not lifting a finger to help their fellow rebels.

A recent New York Times article summarised the current state of the rebellion with this:

Quote:
Across Syria, rebel-held areas are dotted with Islamic courts staffed by lawyers and clerics, and by fighting brigades led by extremists. Even the Supreme Military Council, the umbrella rebel organization whose formation the West had hoped would sideline radical groups, is stocked with commanders who want to infuse Islamic law into a future Syrian government.

Nowhere in rebel-controlled Syria is there a secular fighting force to speak of.

Obama is committed to assisting the FSA in ousting Assad. He not only currently provides material support, he is determined to launch air strikes against them. And in case you think this is merely symbolic, Obama himself made it clear that "we don't do pinpricks". As a US congressmen stated, the US will effectively become "Al Qaeda's air force".

In short, helping the FSA is helping al-Nusra, and helping Syria on the path to becoming a fundamentalist hell-hole.

Why do you think the west is so determined to help terrorists FD?

I have highlighted one of the examples you gave of how the US is actually trying to avoid helping them - even if it is at the expense of the broader rebel movement.

Air strikes are not going to favour one rebel group over another.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print