Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Boycott halal - it's barbaric (Read 66667 times)
Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Boycott halal - it's barbaric
Reply #135 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 6:25pm

Exactly the same conditions are applied by Jews. How come Kosher stickers never caused a problem?

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #136 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 6:57pm

Soren wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 2:05pm:
You can have as much halal meat as you like. But to make halal the only type of meat available in places like schools, colleges, hospitals, workplace canteens for the sake of a minority is what should be stopped.

Why?

I wonder, can there be such a thing as a vegetarian Muslim?

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #137 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 7:00pm

Soren wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 3:46pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 3:13pm:
ian wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 2:22pm:
Its a non issue, Halal is as humane as non Halal and your stomach cant tell the difference

Indeed. Soren, what exactly is the problem if halal is the only option?

what exactly is the problem if halal is not an option?

Using that rationale we should not cater for people who suffer from any form of food allergy such as to Nuts.

Why should Muslims be denied a meal simply because of your bigotry, Soren?

You can eat Halal food.  A practising Muslim cannot eat non-Halal food.   Easier to cater for their needs, your stomach doesn't notice the difference.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #138 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 9:56pm

Quote:
The main job of the muslim slaughter men is to slaughter the animal

Can a non-Muslim do it?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #139 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:56pm

ian wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 3:55pm:
Its a non issue, Halal is as humane as non Halal and your stomach cant tell the difference

Ok, you go into a restaurant. The restaurant is in Collingwood and only serves meat pies. Thats ok for most of the diners because they like meat pies fine, but you come from Sydney and wish to eat something else. Whats the problem?

When in Collingwood, eat like the Collingwoodsmen.
Or didn't you know you were in Collingwood, Dorothy?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #140 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 11:02pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 7:00pm:

Using that rationale we should not cater for people who suffer from any form of food allergy such as to Nuts.

Why should Muslims be denied a meal simply because of your bigotry, Soren?

You can eat Halal food.  A practising Muslim cannot eat non-Halal food.   Easier to cater for their needs, your stomach doesn't notice the difference.

So being a Muslim is now a mental health issue??  And I have to go along with their mental attitude because I am not as obsessive-compulsive about it as they are?

I remind you - because you need reminding - that their stomach doesn't notice the difference either.

The issue is not whether they should have halal or not at home. The issue is whether everyone else must have halal -  in schools, canteens, workplaces - just to please a minority.

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 1:04am

Quote:
I  remind you - because you need reminding - that their stomach doesn't notice the difference either.

Neither do Jewish stomachs, yet kosher food has gone unremarked for decades.

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 8:35am

There should be separation of religion and state in (general) public eating places.

A lot of people believe that islam is evil and demonic, why should they be forced to eat meat that has been dedicated to a satanic deity?

Simply present food according to all health regulations.

Why has the perspective got to favour one religious position only?

Secularism / Separation of Church and State should apply, in public places.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #143 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 10:59am

Grey wrote on Sep 3rd, 2013 at 1:04am:
Quote:
I  remind you - because you need reminding - that their stomach doesn't notice the difference either.

Because it has never been the exclusive option where Jews are in a minority.

Once more, slowly: the issue is not whether they should have halal or not at home. The issue is whether everyone else must have halal -  in schools, canteens, workplaces - just to please a minority.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 11:09am

moses wrote on Sep 3rd, 2013 at 8:35am:
There should be separation of religion and state in (general) public eating places.

Holy smoke, so we should do away with all government regulations about eating?  bugger me, you really do have a death wish!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Quote:
A lot of people believe that islam is evil and demonic, why should they be forced to eat meat that has been dedicated to a satanic deity?

Please quantify "a lot"?  What are your sources for this?  How reliable are they?  The only people who seem to hold that view that I can discover are weirdo way-out wankers who have a mental health problem about other religions.  Why should their opinion be listened to?  They are only a handful.   Cheesy

Quote:

People should be allowed a choice, I agree.  However, you seem to want to even deny that!  You are a bigotl!   Shocked

Quote:

It doesn't, except in your imagination.

Quote:

So, then no display of religious symbols in public?  Lets rip down all the Crosses on top of churches then.  All the religious signs outside places of worship!  Change all the placenames which include references to religion!  Change all peoples' names with references to religion!   Change all food names with references to religion! 

Or do you want this ONLY to apply to Muslims?  Looks to me like a lot more people will be effected than you realised by your absolutist stance!   Grin Grin Grin

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:09pm

Hot Breath

Quote:
Quote:
moses wrote:

Hot Breath wrote:
Holy smoke, so we should do away with all government regulations about eating?  bugger me, you really do have a death wish!

You've lost me, the state regulates public eating etc, keep religious demands out of it 

Quote:
Quote:
moses wrote:

Hot Breath wrote:
Please quantify "a lot"?  What are your sources for this?  How reliable are they?  The only people who seem to hold that view that I can discover are weirdo way-out wankers who have a mental health problem about other religions.  Why should their opinion be listened to?  They are only a handful.

You're certainly out of touch with reality, there is a huge amount of media available (internet, print, audio) which demonstrates a distinct aversion to islam by other beliefs. They should not have islam forced on them in a public place.   

Quote:
Quote:
moses wrote:

Hot Breath wrote:
People should be allowed a choice, I agree.  However, you seem to want to even deny that!  You are a bigotl!

Again your pro islam, anti everything else is showing, health regulations seem to me to be the only necessary dictates in a public eating place, religious observances should not be forced on those who do not want them.

Quote:
Quote:
moses wrote:

Hot Breath wrote:

An islamic ritual is being forced on people who do not want it.

Quote:
Quote:
moses wrote:

Hot Breath wrote:
So, then no display of religious symbols in public?  Lets rip down all the Crosses on top of churches then.  All the religious signs outside places of worship!  Change all the placenames which include references to religion!  Change all peoples' names with references to religion!   Change all food names with references to religion! 

Or do you want this ONLY to apply to Muslims?  Looks to me like a lot more people will be effected than you realised by your absolutist stance!

You seem to have a problem differentiating between church owned property and state owned public property.

I refer you to the following:

Quote:
Soren wrote:
You can have as much halal meat as you like. But to make halal the only type of meat available in places like schools, colleges, hospitals, workplace canteens for the sake of a minority is what should be stopped.

Quote:
Three-quarters of schools under Waltham Forest Council control serve only Halal meat, the Guardian can reveal.

A total of 46 schools and academies supported by the local authority order only Halal meat from Waltham Forest Catering, their supplier.

Just one school serves both Halal and non-Halal meat and 15 serve meat from animals slaughtered using ‘standard’ methods, a Guardian enquiry has discovered.

The news comes after a row erupted at Larkswood Primary School in New Road, Chingford, last month when parents were informed meat served there would be replaced by food prepared according to the rituals of Islam from mid-April.

Parents said they had no issue with Muslim children practicing their faith and eating Halal meat but did not want these religious beliefs imposed on their own sons and daughters.

A council spokesman said: “All meat provided to local schools is certified by the Halal Food Authority. HFA certified meat is from animals that are stunned prior to slaughter.”

I agree, individuals should not have other people's religious observances forced on them in public places.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #146 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:30pm

freediver wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 9:56pm:
Quote:
The main job of the muslim slaughter men is to slaughter the animal

Can a non-Muslim do it?

????

I am surprised this is still going unnoticed.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #147 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:35pm

moses wrote on Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:09pm:
Hot Breath

Quote:
Quote:
moses wrote:

Hot Breath wrote:
Holy smoke, so we should do away with all government regulations about eating?  bugger me, you really do have a death wish!

You've lost me, the state regulates public eating etc, keep religious demands out of it 

Then we should see no provision of government certified Kosher meals either.  Nor of Buddhist meals.  Government inspection and certification backs all aspects of food preparation and serving, wanker, not just Halal.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
moses wrote:

Hot Breath wrote:
Please quantify "a lot"?  What are your sources for this?  How reliable are they?  The only people who seem to hold that view that I can discover are weirdo way-out wankers who have a mental health problem about other religions.  Why should their opinion be listened to?  They are only a handful.

You're certainly out of touch with reality, there is a huge amount of media available (internet, print, audio) which demonstrates a distinct aversion to islam by other beliefs. They should not have islam forced on them in a public place. 

Doesn't answer the question asked.  If you are unable to answer the question directly, the cede that your claim is unsupported by anything other than your bigoted opinion. 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
moses wrote:

Hot Breath wrote:
People should be allowed a choice, I agree.  However, you seem to want to even deny that!  You are a bigotl!

Again your pro islam, anti everything else is showing, health regulations seem to me to be the only necessary dictates in a public eating place, religious observances should not be forced on those who do not want them.

I am pro only giving people a fair go.  Something you refuse to do.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
moses wrote:

Hot Breath wrote:

An islamic ritual is being forced on people who do not want it.

An Islamic dietary requirement is being accommodated.  Most people don't give two hoots.  Only Islamophobic bigots do.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
moses wrote:

Hot Breath wrote:

Or do you want this ONLY to apply to Muslims?  Looks to me like a lot more people will be effected than you realised by your absolutist stance!

You seem to have a problem differentiating between church owned property and state owned public property.

You said "in public".  All the things I mentioned are displayed "in public" on the outside of buildings, on people, etc.  There is a reason why Churches put up crosses on top of their buildings - to advertise.  You've declared you don't want religions symbols on display.  Well, "rip'em down!" is what I say!   Grin

OUT WITH ALL RELIGIOUS SYMBOLS.  NO RULES FOR ONE RELIGION?  THEN RULES FOR ALL RELIGIONS APPLIED EQUALLY!

No religious symbols or dietary rules or ceremonies in public.

Let all religions come in "plain wrappings".    Grin

Lets get rid of all the opiates, shall we?   Grin Grin Grin

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #148 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:48pm

Actually, so has halal. I know that Halal meat has been available here in Canberra since at least the 70s. No doubt at least as long in Sydney and Melbourne.

My parents live in a small country town - and there happens to be a local butcher who sources halal meat. I don't know of a single muslim in the town - but guess what? No one gives a poo  Smiley Good for us though - and my parent are only too happy to be able to provide meat for us when we visit.

freediver wrote on Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:30pm:
????

I am surprised this is still going unnoticed.

Not sure FD. My understanding (which could be wrong) is that the important thing is that the bismilah is uttered during slaughter - not who makes the cut. So it could conceivably be done by two people - one non-muslim slaughterer and one muslim uttering the bismilah. But you know you could always look it up yourself if you are that interested.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #149 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 1:23pm

Quote:

Because no school, workplace canteen or other secular eating place has dreamed of providing only kosher meat to all their customers, Jewish or otherwise, on the grounds that a minority of them are Jewish.

Let Muslims eat halal. But to make everyone eat halal is not on. Example:
What was supposed to be a welcome-back barbecue for students at Coburg West Primary School has turned into a debate over the Islamic halal method of preparing meat.

Members of the school's Parents and Friends Association believed they were being inclusive when they ordered halal-only sausages for last month's barbie.

But some parents thought it was political correctness gone mad to offer only halal meat.

Geddit?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Send Topic Print