Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Jews always to blame for conflict, never Muslims (Read 45027 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Jews always to blame for conflict, never Muslims
Jul 17th, 2013 at 10:51am

Apparently, you can't argue with historical fact:

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 9:25pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:25pm:
The scheming Jews again? Please explain for us how it wasn't the Muslim's fault they ethnically cleansed the area...

There are plenty of historical accounts about the breakdown in relations between the muslims and the jews. I'm not aware of any that point to a sinister anti-jewish agenda that pre-planned an ethnic cleansing program.

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 9:49pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 9:34pm:
Does every single one of these historical accounts blame the Jews?

Yeah, pretty much.

Try, if you can, to view this outside the prevailing "can't ever say anything negative about the jews" prism that we live in today. I know it can be hard, since it is so culturally entrenched. But it shouldn't make us intellectually dishonest about historical facts. If you have any valid evidence that these jewish tribes were victims of an anti-semitic agenda, by all means present it. I haven't seen any yet. All I see is political conflict between competing rival powers, which eventually came to a head. In the absense of evidence to the contrary, Muhammad should get the benefit of the doubt that he was sincere about his commitment to coexist peacefully with his non-muslim neighbours - until he was forced to change because of strategic-defensive concerns.

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 8th, 2013 at 10:11pm:
And lets just forget about the centuries in which the jews had lived amongst the muslims and prospered.

Which centuries were those Gandalf?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Jews always to blame for conflict, never Muslims
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 11:19am

Always. Never.

Jolly good show.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 12:19pm

whats the matter FD - you forgot to mention the Nazis. Surely you can make some sort of cheap reference to the (attempted) muslim holocaust, which mirrors perfectly what Hitler did.

Try as you may, you'll never paint my position as more hysterical than your own. Which one of us is saying that everything nasty that happens in jewish-muslim relations is due 100% to the inherent evilness of one religion? Not me. Which one of us is saying that muslims and jews had no real ideological/religious hostility, and that atrocities committed by both sides essentially come down to secular political issues? Not you, thats for sure.

freediver wrote on Jul 17th, 2013 at 10:51am:
Which centuries were those Gandalf?

the golden age when jews thrived translating Greek texts and making scientific discoveries - such as the jewish community in Cordoba between the 7th and 11th centuries

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 1:05pm

Quote:
Which one of us is saying that everything nasty that happens in jewish-muslim relations is due 100% to the inherent evilness of one religion? Not me.

Do you disagree with the historical accounts that put all the blame on the Jews?

IP Logged

True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 1:16pm

Do you not think it possible that Jews could be the ones causing conflict?

Did the Jews want to have Jesus killed? Who killed God's prophet, John the Baptist?

Did Jesus persecute Jews? Did John the Baptist?

There may be cases of Muslims initiating conflict with Jews, but I am yet to read of it.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2013 at 1:46pm by True Colours »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 1:57pm

Quote:

Well that's what the koran says, so it must be true eh? Every single time.

Quote:
There may be cases of Muslims initiating conflict with Jews, but I am yet to read of it.

So what does that tell you?

IP Logged

True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 3:15pm

freediver wrote on Jul 17th, 2013 at 1:57pm:
Quote:

Well that's what the koran says, so it must be true eh? Every single time.

No that is not what the Quran says. You should be ashamed to propagate such lies.

freediver wrote on Jul 17th, 2013 at 1:57pm:
Quote:

So what does that tell you?

Perhaps that there have been relatively few conflicts between Muslims and Jews in the period between the treachery of the Hijazi Jews in the early 7th century and the invasion of Palestine in the 20th century.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 3:48pm

So where do all these accounts come from? Hadeeths? Is there nothing about them in the Koran?

Quote:
Perhaps that there have been relatively few conflicts between Muslims and Jews in the period between the treachery of the Hijazi Jews in the early 7th century and the invasion of Palestine in the 20th century.

So what happened here then?

True Colours wrote on Jul 17th, 2013 at 3:36pm:
You seem to have been taught the pc version of history. Ask yourself why Jews financed the Christian attacks against Muslim Spain (to their own detriment ultimately). Why did Jews finance the British invasion of the Ottoman Empire in WWI?

Why indeed? And what detriment?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #8 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 3:54pm

freediver wrote on Jul 17th, 2013 at 1:05pm:
Do you disagree with the historical accounts that put all the blame on the Jews?

I assume you are trying to bait me somehow. But as usual you are missing the point. As far as I can tell, islam's alleged anti-semitic program is on trial here, and as I said before - which you even quoted - is:

"There are plenty of historical accounts about the breakdown in relations between the muslims and the jews. I'm not aware of any that point to a sinister anti-jewish agenda that pre-planned an ethnic cleansing program. "

I'm not going to play your silly game of "which religion is the most evil". I just look at this as two powers trying to live together, and inevitable tensions forming over power and politics. Historical accounts overwhelmingly suggest that the covenant was broken by the jews, and there is no evidence (as far as I'm aware), that Muhammad was plotting from the beginning to clear the area of non-muslims - and that therefore he was insincere about creating the covenant in the first place.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 4:04pm

It is a question Gandalf. I am trying to "bait" you into giving a straight answer.

Do you agree with the historical accounts that put all the blame on the Jews?

Do you think it is right that only the Jews were punished and never the Muslims because of "inevitable tensions forming over power and politics".

Quote:
Historical accounts overwhelmingly suggest that the covenant was broken by the jews, and there is no evidence (as far as I'm aware), that Muhammad was plotting from the beginning to clear the area of non-muslims

Except of course his prediction that this would happen.

Quote:
and that therefore he was insincere about creating the covenant in the first place

Blaming the Jews does not make him insincere. I'm sure he was very sincere in his expectations of how the Jews were supposed to behave.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #10 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 4:36pm

freediver wrote on Jul 17th, 2013 at 4:04pm:
Except of course his prediction that this would happen.

To you this is an obvious self-fulfilling prophecy. But what is this based on? The historical evidence? The evidence shows that he only expelled those who broke the covenant, and in doing so presented an existential threat to the tiny muslim nation. It was about survival, not inherent hatred of jews.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 5:00pm

So the Muslim nation quickly expanded to cover the entire peninsula and ethnically cleanse a large area of all non-Muslims, all in the name of self defence?

Are you suggesting Muhammed made this prediction based on his experience with Jews? If Muhammed fully intended for Muslims to live in harmony with Jews and only kicked out a small number of them, where would he get the idea from that they would have to get rid of all of them, as well as Pagans and Christians?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #12 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 7:52pm

freediver wrote on Jul 17th, 2013 at 5:00pm:
So the Muslim nation quickly expanded to cover the entire peninsula and ethnically cleanse a large area of all non-Muslims, all in the name of self defence?

I think you'll find that islam spread so rapidly through this region because of mass conversions.

freediver wrote on Jul 17th, 2013 at 5:00pm:
Are you suggesting Muhammed made this prediction based on his experience with Jews?

It was a prophecy. Prophets tended to make them. Its not "based" on anything other than being able to see into the future due to divine revelation.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Jul 18th, 2013 at 8:18am

So it was both extraordinarily (miraculously even) successful, and at the same time under perpetual existential threat, fighting for it's very survival against cunning Jews?

Did he make any other prophesies?

What's you're take on Umar's failure to fulfill the prophecy? Could it be seen by Muslims as unfinished business?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 8:16am

True Colours wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 12:27am:
What would any leader of any state do with people who behave as the following:

The Jews were continually attacking Muslims in Madina and this included murders, attempted murders, grievous physical assaults, robberies and even a sexual assault on a Muslim woman in public by a Jew. But they were not initially expelled. In fact, the first time Jews killed a Muslim Prophet Muhammed tried to keep the peace by paying blood money out of his own pocket to the family of the killed Muslim.

But the Jews continued their hostilities and treachery.

Even though the Jews of Madina had signed a treaty promising to help the Muslims against any aggressor, at every opportunity, the Jews would conspire with the enemies of the Muslims to attack Madina.

What kind of leader would permit a group of people to stay after they had treacherously joined forces with an invading enemy?

Think about what any leader in medieval times would have done in the same circumstances. The Jews of Madina were lucky that they weren't killed if you consider how a Christian or pagan leader would have dealt with them at the time.

Summary of main crimes committed in Hijaz by Jews against the Muslim community:

*Jews began by making many physical assaults on Muslims in Madina as intimidation when they became jealous of the Muslim's prestige when the Muslims successfully defended the city from pagan attack in 624.

*A Jew sexually assaulted a Muslim woman publicly in the Jewish marketplace of Madina

*A gang of Jews killed a Muslim man in public in Madina

*A Jew Robbed and caved in the head of a Muslim girl.

*Jews killed a Muslim at Khaybar and threw his body in a well.

*In 625, the Jews reneged on their treaty in which they had promised to help defend Madina from pagan attack and waited in their homes whilst the Muslims faced attack from the pagans of Mecca. The Jews claimed this was because it was the Sabbath. The Jews had made secret pact to help the pagans of Mecca.

*The Jews attempted the assassination of Prophet Muhammed.

*Poisoned Prophet Muhammed and one of his companions

*The Jews used to come and curse the Prophet, the head of the Islamic state, to his face by saying "death be upon you".

*The Jews of Khaybar attacked the son of leader of the Muslims, Umar, dislocating his hands and feet whilst he was on official business.

*The Jews, who had made a treaty promising to defend Madina from attack, committed treason by making a secret pact with the pagans to attack the Muslims of Madina in 627. The Jews recruited pagans from central Arabia, and launched an attack with 10,000 Jewish and pagan soldiers. The Jewish Qurayza tribe  living inside madina then attacked the small Muslim army of 3000 from behind. THis is despite Muslims pleading with them to keep their treaty and telling them that they would be punished if they attacked.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print