Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
A DRUGS poem found on Facebook (Read 10055 times)
brumbie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

A DRUGS poem found on Facebook
Jul 13th, 2013 at 10:02am

Hello, my name is DRUGS - I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold. and if you need me, remember I'm easily found, I live all around you, in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door. My power is awesome; try me you'll see, but if you do, you may NEVER break free. Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul. When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie. You do what you have to just to get high. The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms. You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad When you see their tears, you should feel sad. But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised, I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways. I take kids from parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from god, and separate friends. I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I'll be with you always, right by your side. You'll give up everything... your family, your home... your friends, your money, then you'll be alone. I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give. When I'm finished with you you'll be lucky to live. If you try me be warned this is no game. If given the chance, I'll drive you insane. I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind. I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine. The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed, the voices you'll hear from inside your head, the sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see; I want you to know, these are all gifts from me, But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part. You'll regret that you tried me, they always do, but you came to me, not I to you. You knew this would happen. Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to be bold. You could have said no, and just walked away, If you could live that day over, now what would you say? I'll be your master; you will be my slave, I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave. Now that you have met me , what will you do? Will you try me or not? Its all up to you. I can bring you more misery than words can tell. Come take my hand, I'll take you to hell!

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Re: A DRUGS poem found on Facebook
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 10:34am

Hi Drugs.  I'm honky.  Nice to meet you.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:49pm

brumbie wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 10:02am:
Hello, my name is DRUGS - I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold. and if you need me, remember I'm easily found, I live all around you, in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door. My power is awesome; try me you'll see, but if you do, you may NEVER break free. Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul. When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie. You do what you have to just to get high. The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms. You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad When you see their tears, you should feel sad. But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised, I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways. I take kids from parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from god, and separate friends. I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I'll be with you always, right by your side. You'll give up everything... your family, your home... your friends, your money, then you'll be alone. I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give. When I'm finished with you you'll be lucky to live. If you try me be warned this is no game. If given the chance, I'll drive you insane. I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind. I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine. The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed, the voices you'll hear from inside your head, the sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see; I want you to know, these are all gifts from me, But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part. You'll regret that you tried me, they always do, but you came to me, not I to you. You knew this would happen. Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to be bold. You could have said no, and just walked away, If you could live that day over, now what would you say? I'll be your master; you will be my slave, I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave. Now that you have met me , what will you do? Will you try me or not? Its all up to you. I can bring you more misery than words can tell. Come take my hand, I'll take you to hell!

Make a great play...

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

The Niftiest Bear

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:11am

Your poem is bad and you should feel bad.

This is much better (plus, it doesn't demonise all drugs, just a particularly nasty one). (But funily enough, when I googled this poem I found yours -- and it was originally written with heroin in mind, not all drugs. But yeah, drugs are bad --- I hope you don't touch coffee, alcohol, or sugar!!)

Miss Heroin

So now, little man, you've grown tired of grass
LSD, goofballs, cocaine and hash,
and someone, pretending to be a true friend,
said, "I'll introduce you to Miss Heroin."

Well honey, before you start fooling with me,
just let me inform you of how it will be.

For I will seduce you and make you my slave,
I've sent men much stronger than you to their graves.
You think you could never become a disgrace,
and end up addicted to Poppy seed waste.

So you'll start inhaling me one afternoon,
you'll take me into your arms very soon.
And once I've entered deep down in your veins,
The craving will nearly drive you insane.

You'll swindle your mother and just for a buck.
You'll turn into something vile and corrupt.
You'll mug and you'll steal for my narcotic charm,
and feel contentment when I'm in your arms.

The day, when you realize the monster you've grown,
you'll solemnly swear to leave me alone.
If you think you've got that mystical knack,
then sweetie, just try getting me off your back.

The vomit, the cramps, your gut tied in knots.
The jangling nerves screaming for one more shot.
The hot chills and cold sweats, withdrawal pains,
can only be saved by my little white grains.

There's no other way, and there's no need to look,
for deep down inside you know you are hooked.
You'll desperately run to the pushers and then,
you'll welcome me back to your arms once again.

And you will return just as I foretold!
I know that you'll give me your body and soul.
You'll give up your morals, your conscience, your heart.
And you will be mine until, "Death Do Us Part"

Author Anonymous

~Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic~

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 7:00am

Nice rant against big-pharma

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 9:58pm

More fear mongering. Drugs can be fun and harmless. Sometimes I like them a lot.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 11:39pm

stupid peurile ignorant anti drugs rubbish

Hardly anyone dies from drug overdoses in decriminalised Portugal

FOURTEEN years ago Portugal was home to more than 100,000 drug addicts and lost around 400 of those to overdoses annually.
Its prison system was bloated with drug offenders doing time for possessing and distributing heroin, cocaine and other illegal substances, and its hospitals were bursting with an average of 1400 HIV sufferers, their infections caused by dirty needles.
Since 2001, those numbers have all dropped dramatically thanks to one small change.
In fact, since that year, you won’t have found a single offender behind bars for drug use in Portugal.
It’s not because the drug users all learnt their lessons and had a sudden change of heart, but because the use and possession of drugs is no longer criminal.
While it’s still illegal to carry or use marijuana, cocaine, heroin and other similar substances, none of those offences will earn you jail time or a criminal record but rather a small fine or rehab since the government introduced decriminalisation in 2001 with astonishing results.
New data from the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction shows that for every 1,000,000 citizen deaths in Portugal, only three were caused by drug overdose.
In the UK, that number is 44.6 per million and in Netherlands 10.2 per million while the EU average is 17.3 overdose deaths per million adults.
Though critics of decriminalisation warn the move would create more users, the prevalence of drug use among adults in Portugal has also continuously fallen since 2001, and overall adult drug use and new HIV cases are also way down.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 11:38am

Marla wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 7:00am:
Nice rant against big-pharma

It's ludicrous how young the drug dealing starts nowadays!!

Houston, we have a problem  Shocked Shocked

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:19pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:19pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:19pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:20pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:20pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:21pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:21pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:21pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:21pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:21pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:22pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:22pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:22pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:22pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:22pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:23pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:23pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:23pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:23pm

IP Logged

123abc

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:23pm

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:36pm

brumbie wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 10:02am:
Hello, my name is DRUGS -

Hi DRUGS.

Haven't we met before?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 11:04am

Holy Moly! ~ This one's had me laughing because it's so 'off the wall'.

'He has heard reports of elderly people being intercepted and intimidated by dealers outside doctors' surgeries and pharmacies.

"The dealers start with the charm and they start with trying to be friendly," he said.

link

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #30 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 11:08am

link

What absolute nonsense.

These would be ethnic doctors in full cahoots with their Muslim Lebanese 'patients' in the trafficking of these prescription drugs, getting kick-backs at a nice tidy profit.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 12:00am

rhino wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 11:39pm:
stupid peurile ignorant anti drugs rubbish

Hardly anyone dies from drug overdoses in decriminalised Portugal

FOURTEEN years ago Portugal was home to more than 100,000 drug addicts and lost around 400 of those to overdoses annually.
Its prison system was bloated with drug offenders doing time for possessing and distributing heroin, cocaine and other illegal substances, and its hospitals were bursting with an average of 1400 HIV sufferers, their infections caused by dirty needles.
Since 2001, those numbers have all dropped dramatically thanks to one small change.
In fact, since that year, you won’t have found a single offender behind bars for drug use in Portugal.
It’s not because the drug users all learnt their lessons and had a sudden change of heart, but because the use and possession of drugs is no longer criminal.
While it’s still illegal to carry or use marijuana, cocaine, heroin and other similar substances, none of those offences will earn you jail time or a criminal record but rather a small fine or rehab since the government introduced decriminalisation in 2001 with astonishing results.
New data from the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction shows that for every 1,000,000 citizen deaths in Portugal, only three were caused by drug overdose.
In the UK, that number is 44.6 per million and in Netherlands 10.2 per million while the EU average is 17.3 overdose deaths per million adults.
Though critics of decriminalisation warn the move would create more users, the prevalence of drug use among adults in Portugal has also continuously fallen since 2001, and overall adult drug use and new HIV cases are also way down.

yes, and it'ld be almost impossible to put a figure on the money portugal has saved.

there are many 1000's of young lives that have NOT been destroyed by the legal system.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - May 2nd, 2018 at 10:25am

This Topic was moved here from Drug Policy by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print