Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
A Serious Debate On Abbott's Mental Health (Read 12213 times)
____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Re: A Serious Debate On Abbott's Mental Health
Reply #15 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:11pm

Swagman wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:02pm:
So, that's just par for the course for any red blooded Australian male.

If you haven't had a good blue, played footy and lost a bit of claret you should maybe be a hairdresser like the first bloke.... Grin

So a liberal leader with potentially a crippling condition such as alzheimers is acceptable to conservatives because he is expendable.

How about you spend a moment thinking of his family, how devastating it will be to see Tony decline so quickly due to the pressures of politics.

Isn't it time conservates discovered their compassionate side and guide abbott to getting tested for brain trauma.

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #16 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:17pm

____ wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:11pm:
So a liberal leader with potentially a crippling condition such as alzheimers is acceptable to conservatives because he is expendable.

Everyone can potentially get alzheimers Poindexter...

Besides Ronny Reagan saved the world as a doddery old soul.... Smiley

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:20pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 10:40am:
Boxing also creates vigour, courage, strength, confidence, self-esteem, valour, speed, and stamina. Every man should learn boxing or a martial art. 

i have vigour.
I have courage.
I have strength.
I have confidence.
I have self-esteem.
I have valour.
I have speed.
I ... don't have stamina.  Well, not as much as i would hope for.
DAMNIT!!! SHOULD'VE DONE BOXING.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #18 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:23pm

Swagman wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:17pm:
____ wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:11pm:

Everyone can potentially get alzheimers Poindexter...

Besides Ronny Reagan saved the world as a doddery old soul.... Smiley

Abbott is in a very high risk category and since he wants to take a very high pressured position that effects everyone's future, a test before the election will ease concerns.

Why are conservatives scared of science so much.

It is just a brain scan for brain damage.

Prevention over disaster. Think of his and his family interests over your own.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:25pm

talk about desperate and pathetic....
not to mention irrational.

had to come from a Green didn't it.

how're the fairies goin?

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #20 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:27pm

Grendel wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:25pm:

how're the fairies goin?

Brain trauma increases the risk of Alzheimers and Parkinsons.

And Abbott boxed without head protection.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #21 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:31pm

As for the fairies, check with Mr Abbott since he spent time in a homosexual hotbed

Quote:
The seminary was in the grip of liberal theologians whose beliefs and disregard of the Vatican were anathema to the conservative Abbott, with his low tolerance of ambiguity and deep need to cleave to authority. To make things worse, like many seminaries St Patrick's had a fairly open homosexual culture.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-missing-element-of-selfdoubt-20091204-kaxl.ht...

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:18pm

Bob Brown had a higher chance of Neurosyphilis than many others. You still voted for him.

Speaking of which, you may want to see a doctor...

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #23 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:22pm

Quantum wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:18pm:
Bob Brown had a higher chance of Neurosyphilis than many others. You still voted for him.

We are unsure of abbott's behaviour while he was in his homosexual hotbed.

IP Logged

Phallic Baldwin

Phallic Baldwin

Reply #24 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:23pm

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:26pm

____ wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:22pm:

Yet Mr Brown didn't receive consensual head trauma via the fists of men, like Abbott did.

No he received consensual arse trauma vie the dicks of other men. A life style that results in a higher chance of Neurosyphilis than in other people. Despite the effect this could have on his mental state and ability to do the job, you still voted for him.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #26 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:36pm

Quantum wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:26pm:
____ wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:22pm:

Yet Mr Brown didn't receive consensual head trauma via the fists of men, like Abbott did.

No he received consensual arse trauma vie the dicks of other men. A life style that results in a higher chance of Neurosyphilis than in other people. Despite the effect this could have on his mental state and ability to do the job, you still voted for him.

I didn't vote for abbott.

When he got home he told his family he'd decided to become a priest. In 1984, at the age of 26, he entered St Patrick's at Manly.

The seminary was in the grip of liberal theologians whose beliefs and disregard of the Vatican were anathema to the conservative Abbott, with his low tolerance of ambiguity and deep need to cleave to authority. To make things worse, like many seminaries St Patrick's had a fairly open homosexual culture.

In 1987 he quit.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-missing-element-of-selfdoubt-20091204-kaxl.ht...

Three years in a homosexual hotbed ... no wonder abbott goes all homophobic since this is a behaviour of a closet homosexual.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:38pm

Swagman wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 11:31am:
Actually I stand corrected it was 4 bouts.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/abbott--not-the-greatest-but-a-fighter-20091204-k...

Quote:
PLAYING first-grade rugby as a prop for Sydney University at the age of 19, Tony Abbott, the newly elected leader of the Liberal Party, received more than his fair share of foul blows. I understand. I played football for the University of Tasmania during the Vietnam war. We learnt all about fear on the football field.

Eventually, ''Abo'', as he is known to his mates, went off with a couple of others and sought instruction in boxing. A few years later, while drinking in a pub with a group of friends at Oxford, it was put on Abbott that he should fill the vacancy for a heavyweight in the university boxing team. By closing time, it seemed a good idea, but considerably less so when he woke the following morning with a hangover. What happened next is possibly the most intriguing part of the story.

Among Abbott's friends at Oxford was a ''most unusual Jesuit'' from America who took his vow of poverty so seriously he dressed in clothes that had belonged to other priests who had died. He was also a boxer. When Abbott arrived at the gym to declare his unavailability for the Oxford team, he was met by the Jesuit who had gone out and bought him a skipping rope. To a man committed to a life of poverty, a skipping rope represents a major financial outlay. This is like one of those moments in a medieval tale, possibly a comedy, when the knight's honour is engaged. Abbott then believed he had no choice.

In his first bout, against Cambridge, he knocked his opponent out cold in 45 seconds. His second, against a cadet officer from Sandhurst Royal Military College, was also over in the first round. His third bout, against a marine who had fought in the Falklands War and "a much bigger man", was won by Abbott on a TKO when his opponent took his fifth standing count in the second round.

In the fourth and final fight of his career
, he triumphed for the second time over a Cambridge man - the bout again being stopped in the first round

wow... a whole four fights, all with head gear. There would be a number of people on this forum who have had far more fist fights and punches to the head without protection. And to be honest, sometimes it shows.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:40pm

Grendel wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:25pm:

how're the fairies goin?

he's just upset because Gay Bob resigned due to dementia. remember some of his comments about climate change killing aliens and a few other brain farts?  Not surprisingly, he quite not long after.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #29 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:42pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:38pm:
Swagman wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 11:31am:
Actually I stand corrected it was 4 bouts.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/abbott--not-the-greatest-but-a-fighter-20091204-k...

Quote:
PLAYING first-grade rugby as a prop for Sydney University at the age of 19, Tony Abbott, the newly elected leader of the Liberal Party, received more than his fair share of foul blows. I understand. I played football for the University of Tasmania during the Vietnam war. We learnt all about fear on the football field.

Eventually, ''Abo'', as he is known to his mates, went off with a couple of others and sought instruction in boxing. A few years later, while drinking in a pub with a group of friends at Oxford, it was put on Abbott that he should fill the vacancy for a heavyweight in the university boxing team. By closing time, it seemed a good idea, but considerably less so when he woke the following morning with a hangover. What happened next is possibly the most intriguing part of the story.

Among Abbott's friends at Oxford was a ''most unusual Jesuit'' from America who took his vow of poverty so seriously he dressed in clothes that had belonged to other priests who had died. He was also a boxer. When Abbott arrived at the gym to declare his unavailability for the Oxford team, he was met by the Jesuit who had gone out and bought him a skipping rope. To a man committed to a life of poverty, a skipping rope represents a major financial outlay. This is like one of those moments in a medieval tale, possibly a comedy, when the knight's honour is engaged. Abbott then believed he had no choice.

In his first bout, against Cambridge, he knocked his opponent out cold in 45 seconds. His second, against a cadet officer from Sandhurst Royal Military College, was also over in the first round. His third bout, against a marine who had fought in the Falklands War and "a much bigger man", was won by Abbott on a TKO when his opponent took his fifth standing count in the second round.

In the fourth and final fight of his career
, he triumphed for the second time over a Cambridge man - the bout again being stopped in the first round

wow... a whole four fights, all with head gear. There would be a number of people on this forum who have had far more fist fights and punches to the head without protection. And to be honest, sometimes it shows.

He fought without headgear, multiplying the brain trauma inflicted onto himself.

He also partook in fist fights in places like the Uni and on the rugby field.

Abbott is within a very high risk group of mental illness.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print