Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Are Christians under grace, or under the law.... (Read 8155 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Are Christians under grace, or under the law....
Reply #45 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 12:05am

Deuteronomy 4:1
Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you.
2  Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
3  Your eyes have seen what the LORD did because of Baalpeor: for all the men that followed Baalpeor, the LORD thy God hath destroyed them from among you.
But ye that did cleave unto the LORD your God are alive every one of you this day.
5  Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.
6  Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.
7  For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?
8  And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

[If there is a God] is God harsh and unjust, when he punishes us, for our own wrongdoing ?

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #46 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 12:13am

Yadda wrote on Dec 21st, 2013 at 12:01am:
[quote author=bobbythebat1 link=1369781476/43#43 date=1387535682]But to Muso & Yadda,

Do not ignore the Old Testament.

http://www.evilbible.com/do_not_ignore_ot.htm

Quote:
“Thou Shall Not Ignore the Old Testament!” 

New Testament Verses Which Demand Following the Old Testament and Law Contradictions:

I hear so many Christians now a days claim that the Old Testament is defunct for Jesus was the “lamb” to clear away its rules and regulations.  This is just another bullshit scapegoat that Christians use to ignore the atrocities and bizarre laws commanded by their god.  Their preachers spoon feed them that the Old Testament is no longer binding so that they can excuse the majority of evil that the bible promotes.  I am so tired of Christians manipulating the scriptures so that they can assign a kinder nature to their God, that I have assembled a BRIEF list of verses which clearly show that the Old Testament is not to be ignored.  Its laws should indeed be adhered to, for the New Testament demands it!  After this section I shall list where the Bible contradicts itself concerning other laws.

Read the rest of the page please e.g.

Quote:
4) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law.  Mark.7:9-13  "Whoever curses father or mother shall die"  (Mark 7:10 NAB)

It's saying that all the old laws must be obeyed.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #47 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 12:31am

Bobby. wrote on Dec 21st, 2013 at 12:13am:
Yadda wrote on Dec 21st, 2013 at 12:01am:
[quote author=bobbythebat1 link=1369781476/43#43 date=1387535682]But to Muso & Yadda,

Do not ignore the Old Testament.

Quote:
“Thou Shall Not Ignore the Old Testament!” 

New Testament Verses Which Demand Following the Old Testament and Law Contradictions:

I hear so many Christians now a days claim that the Old Testament is defunct for Jesus was the “lamb” to clear away its rules and regulations.  This is just another bullshit scapegoat that Christians use to ignore the atrocities and bizarre laws commanded by their god.  Their preachers spoon feed them that the Old Testament is no longer binding so that they can excuse the majority of evil that the bible promotes.  I am so tired of Christians manipulating the scriptures so that they can assign a kinder nature to their God, that I have assembled a BRIEF list of verses which clearly show that the Old Testament is not to be ignored.  Its laws should indeed be adhered to, for the New Testament demands it!  After this section I shall list where the Bible contradicts itself concerning other laws.

Read the rest of the page please e.g.

Steady on bobby!

There are quite a few lines of text on that page!

Can't they shorten their page & make it more punchy?i

Quote:
Quote:
4) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law.  Mark.7:9-13  "Whoever curses father or mother shall die"  (Mark 7:10 NAB)

It's saying that all the old laws must be obeyed.

It's saying that all the old laws must be obeyed.....
....BY THOSE PEOPLE WHO MADE A COVENANT WITH GOD, AND AGREED TO OBEY THOSE LAWS.

And who were those people, bobby ?

Who are the children of those people today ?

"...Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people:....
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.

And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do....
"
Exodus 19:5-8

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #48 - Dec 28th, 2013 at 7:18pm

Psalms 27:8
When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

Love for God ?

Matthew 6:33
....seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;....

How does a man love God ?

Psalms 42:1
As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
2  My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Psalms 63:1
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
....10  Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Isaiah 55:1
Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
2  Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
3  Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

If a person has no love for Jesus, Jesus the Christ, Jesus the redeemer [of men], then that person has no part in God, and God has no part in him.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

1 John 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #49 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 7:09am

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #50 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 8:52am

muso,

People who look for [to] God are 'dopey' ?

It is a 'no brainer' ?

Romans 8:7
.....the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Many men [and women] have little or no affinity with God's spirit.

But [in contrast!] many of us absolutely love the things the world!

Dictionary;
affinity = =
1 a spontaneous or natural liking or sympathy.        a close relationship based on a common origin or structure.      relationship by marriage.
2 the degree to which a substance tends to combine with another.

Jesus was initially popular among the ['common'] people, as a healer and a teacher.

But in the end, 'the people' turned against him, and in the end, it was many of 'the people' [his own people] that were calling for his blood.

Luke 23:18
And they cried out all at once, saying, Away with this man, and release unto us Barabbas:
19  (Who for a certain sedition made in the city, and for murder, was cast into prison.)
20  Pilate therefore, willing to release Jesus, spake again to them.
21  But they cried, saying, Crucify him, crucify him.
22  And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I have found no cause of death in him: I will therefore chastise him, and let him go.
23  And they were instant with loud voices, requiring that he might be crucified. And the voices of them and of the chief priests prevailed.

Q.
Why so ?

A.
Because 'the people' [the Jews] had a gaining in mind.

'The people' thought that Jesus would free them from the crippling Roman occupation.

And Jesus message [love God, love your fellow man, and obey the law], [ultimately] disappointed many of them.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:...

John 8:23
....Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 18:36
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world:...

1 Corinthians 1:26
For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

2 Timothy 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Hosea 4:1
Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.

The 'knowledge of God' spoken of in Hosea 4:1, is the knowledge of God's righteousness.

Jeremiah 9:3
And they bend their tongues like their bow for lies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, saith the LORD.
4  Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders.
5  And they will deceive every one his neighbour, and will not speak the truth: they have taught their tongue to speak lies, and weary themselves to commit iniquity.
6  Thine habitation is in the midst of deceit; through deceit they refuse to know me, saith the LORD.

Psalms 58:1
Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation? do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men?
2  Yea, in heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth.
The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

Estranged from the knowledge of God, from the womb.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print