New NDIS Levy (Read 13614 times)
____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Re: New NDIS Levy
Reply #45 - May 2nd, 2013 at 10:59am

John Smith wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 10:36am:
Because the disabled have been asking for this issue to be bought to the forefront, you don't think it's should be an election issue?  ... I think it's the best time ... you want people to pay for it, let them vote for it.

if you wanted a higher mining tax, maybe the greens should have made that the deal breaker when negotiating for the minority govt, and left Gillard to pursue the ETS as she had originally planned ... the greens are slime who never offer real support and never provide real alternatives .. all they do is force watered down versions of other parties policies and then complain when the policies don't work. Whatever the result of this election, I'll be glad when the Greens go the way of the democrats ....

So Labor wants to hide behind the disabled and are saying if you don't vote ALP, you are anti the disabled.

Rather than putting it to parliament now and having passed as law and giving the disabled, their families and their carers peace of mind.

Now what if someone thinks Labor is morally bankrupt, and like the carbon levy can't be trusted on their election promises after the election.

What do these voters do?

Is there any guarantee Gillard will stay as leader, or that Labor will break their track record and actually keep their word.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - May 2nd, 2013 at 11:10am

I don't see how you can claim labor is hiding behind anything ...it's all out there in the open, are you afraid that somehow you can't use it to try blackmail labor into giving you concessions on another of the greens crazy schemes?  ... it must be nice for the Greens to be hiding behind their irrelevance ... they can make whatever claims they like because they know they will never be called upon to deliver .....

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #47 - May 2nd, 2013 at 11:49am

John Smith wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 11:10am:
I don't see how you can claim labor is hiding behind anything ...it's all out there in the open, are you afraid that somehow you can't use it to try blackmail labor into giving you concessions on another of the greens crazy schemes?  ... it must be nice for the Greens to be hiding behind their irrelevance ... they can make whatever claims they like because they know they will never be called upon to deliver .....

o.k, one more time.

Labor can pass the NDIS through this parliament.
Labor is looking at an election landslide against them and likely either a slow death or a very long time in opposition
Labor now wants to use the disabled as a human shield at the next election so to decrease the damage.

Along side this they have broken promises across the board.

They have retreated from a humane position on refugees to one where they are torturing children on Manus.

The faceless men of Labor choose the leader so could dump Gillard five minutes after the election and select some puppet who could reverse the NDIS scheme.

I and most of Australia don't trust Labor so why should anyone trust them with the security of the disabled.

Now if you choose to deflect, thats your choice. If you plan to do that perhaps the best path is ignore this post.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - May 2nd, 2013 at 12:23pm

John Smith wrote on May 1st, 2013 at 4:05pm:
Dooley wrote on May 1st, 2013 at 3:07pm:
John Smith wrote on May 1st, 2013 at 3:02pm:
Swagman wrote on May 1st, 2013 at 10:53am:
Regardless of the merits of the scheme Smithy as advised many times on this forum by me, Rudd and Gillard Labor's buy now and pay later spending sprees, would be, in effect, future income tax increases. Angry

This has now come to fruition. Angry

The levy is required because the Govt since taking office has irresponsibly overspent by $271 Billion and climbing and has consistently failed to balance the budget despite an unpresendented mining boom.

Ironically the interest on this climbing debt (around at least $8 Billion per annum) would come close to covering the cost of the NDIS.

Now the minority that pays the majority of tax has to reach into its pocket yet again to pay the lion's share of Labor's fiscal irresponsibiliy and broken promises.  It is a sad and broken record.   Sad Sad Sad Sad

IMO the fairest option should a tax increase be required would be to increase the GST to cover not only this scheme but the whole health and education funding shortfalls.  This has not been mentioned by any side of politics to my knowledge, not even discussed.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure you will) but the medicare levy is paid by individual income taxpayers and not companies?

Personal income tax payers are a declining breed as a percentage of the population.  The baby boomers are retiring in droves and dropping off the list of income tax payers and the compounding burden of payment of Govt is falling upon fewer tax payers. Shocked

One of the reasons the GST (broad based tax) was introduced was due to the aging of the population issue and the problems this would have for the budget. Undecided

Companies don't pay GST either, or at least not in the long run ... they claim it back. It is the individuals or consumers that pay the GST (ie, taxpayers and pensioners and unemployed)

And that is just one of the many many many taxes that companies dont pay  __ but they still DEMAND and GET equal status before the LAW in this country.

I say if the (not they, corps aren't a "they") corps want equal representation before the LAW then they should have to take up the same amount of taxation burden. ie pay the same rates of tax a human wage slave does..... and comply with the same moral and ethical obligations - not just the legal obligations that are reluctantly foisted upon them in a crippled half-arsed way so they don't really do anything....... eg the mining tax

I think there should be no difference between companies and a private individual, tax rates should be the same for both, and any liability of the company should fall onto it's board of directors. I'm sick of hearing of companies going bust, subbies and suppliers going broke, and the directors get to start another company in another name from the luxury of his waterfront mansion.

what about negative gearing rorts for people who hoard properties and which costs the tax payer 13 billion a year in lost tax revenue ?

I noticed that gullard didn't want to talk about it with John Fane this morning. She said she didn't want to play games. What a f.cked attitude. No wonder they are scraping the bottom of barrel for money since they have given most of it away to scammers over the years  Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - May 2nd, 2013 at 12:25pm

____ wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 11:49am:

o.k, one more time.

Labor is looking at an election landslide against them and likely either a slow death or a very long time in opposition
Labor now wants to use the disabled as a human shield at the next election so to decrease the damage.

They have retreated from a humane position on refugees to one where they are torturing children on Manus.

The faceless men of Labor choose the leader so could dump Gillard five minutes after the election and select some puppet who could reverse the NDIS scheme.

I and most of Australia don't trust Labor so why should anyone trust them with the security of the disabled.

Now if you choose to deflect, thats your choice. If you plan to do that perhaps the best path is ignore this post.

She didn't need bi-partizan's support for all of the other policies she wanted to get through parliament !! The disabled are just another political football designed to wedge the opposition. It's pathetic Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - May 2nd, 2013 at 12:44pm

o.k, one more time.

I notice the greens didn't support the Malaysia solution ... that makes the greens just as guilty of torturing children (your words, not mine) ... you guys are like the kid who if he doesn't get his way takes his bat and ball and goes home .  Even the greens would have to recognise that whilst not ideal, it would be better than doing nothing ... which is what we have now.

As far as your other rubbish, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it, I'd hardly think anyone would be concerned with what you have to say ..   the democrats used to think the were the answer too ... look where they are now. Greens are just another FAD.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - May 2nd, 2013 at 4:14pm

John Smith wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 12:44pm:

o.k, one more time.

I notice the greens didn't support the Malaysia solution ... that makes the greens just as guilty of torturing children (your words, not mine) ... you guys are like the kid who if he doesn't get his way takes his bat and ball and goes home .  Even the greens would have to recognise that whilst not ideal, it would be better than doing nothing ... which is what we have now.

As far as your other rubbish, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it, I'd hardly think anyone would be concerned with what you have to say ..   the democrats used to think the were the answer too ... look where they are now. Greens are just another FAD.

Dont tell that to FD. He is convince the Greens are the next big thing despite no evidence to suggest they are any different to any other short-term third party that no longer exists.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

dingo2

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - May 3rd, 2013 at 7:36am

____ wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 10:30am:
You have had your little vent, now back on topic John.

Why are labor wanting to use the disabled as human shields at the election.

Just another piece of evidence Labor has no moral compass?

KEEP your Labor Friends close and your new disabiled Friends even closer.

After all they could win just on the disabiled person vote just because the promise to make things better.

IP Logged

Dooley

OzPolitic

Reply #53 - May 3rd, 2013 at 2:59pm

I'm just surprised Milne didn't try and claime she was the one who suggested the idea of the NDIS.

And as far as pointing the political bone at Labour and accusing it of Actually playing politics while the ferals do not, is just way too much hypocrisy for me....  and prolly anybody else that's actually follows political discourse in this country..............

So far as I can tell this is just a case of green envy as they weren't invited to the press conference at the announcement and were (once again) left floundering in a sea of experimentalist social deconstrucntionismalisticism discoursarianismistism.

Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print