Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Tony Abbott Accused Of Acting Unlawfully. (Read 12431 times)
imcrookonit
Ex Member

Tony Abbott Accused Of Acting Unlawfully.
Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:00am

One Nation co-founder suing Tony Abbott     Smiley   

Date
    April 16, 2013

Tony Abbott: Accused of acting unlawfully.

A lawsuit by One Nation Party co-founder David Ettridge against federal Opposition Leader Tony Abbott will head to court next month.     Smiley

Mr Ettridge is suing federal Opposition Leader Tony Abbott for damages of more than $1.5 million. 

He has accused Mr Abbott of acting unlawfully in 1998 by assisting and encouraging litigation against One Nation in the Queensland courts.

Mr Ettridge alleges the court action was false and malicious and the resulting damage affected him greatly.

He also accuses Mr Abbott of attempting to pervert the course of justice by providing lawyers "to propel those false claims through the courts".

Mr Ettridge's lawyers served legal papers on Mr Abbott for damages on the weekend.     Smiley

A spokesman for Mr Abbott said the papers had been received, but declined to comment further.

A directions hearing is set for the Brisbane Supreme Court on May 9 and Mr Abbott has received a summons to attend.

"Before Tony Abbott can become prime minister of Australia he needs to be judged on his suitability to hold the highest office in Australia," Mr Ettridge said in a statement.     Smiley

"For his role in this disgraceful period of Australian political history, Tony Abbott has never been brought to account."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/one-nation-cofounder-suing-tony-abbott-20130416-2hytq.html#ixzz2Qf6O2yQ2

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Tony Abbott Accused Of Acting Unlawfully.
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:04am

Gillard & Swan accused of lying to Australian people...

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:05am

Mr Ettridge alleges the court action was false and malicious and the resulting damage affected him greatly.

He also accuses Mr Abbott of attempting to pervert the course of justice by providing lawyers "to propel those false claims through the courts".

Looks about right.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:18am

Tony clearly stepped over the line - I can't believe that he got away with it for this long.

IP Logged

imcrookonit
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:21am

"For his role in this disgraceful period of Australian political history, Tony Abbott has never been brought to account."     Sad

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:21am

One hopes howard goes down too since it was on his instruction

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

RightSadFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:33am

Dnarever

No doubt Abbott did a hatchet job on One nation, but Abbott is not responsible for the distribution of justice. That is the implication, lawyers manipulate the law on a daily basis, what is dfferent about what Abbott might of done ?

I have read the various articles on this and I understand they may be hiding their legal strategy or a "Smoking  Gun" evidence ..... I can not see it succeeding based on what I have read about it. Its interesting that the timing is during an election year so I think its a dud and guy is rattling a tin for legal help so I can't see it going very far.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #7 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:42am

RightSadFred wrote on Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:33am:
Dnarever

No doubt Abbott did a hatchet job on One nation, but Abbott is not responsible for the distribution of justice. That is the implication, lawyers manipulate the law on a daily basis, what is dfferent about what Abbott might of done ?

I have read the various articles on this and I understand they may be hiding their legal strategy or a "Smoking  Gun" evidence ..... I can not see it succeeding based on what I have read about it. Its interesting that the timing is during an election year so I think its a dud and guy is rattling a tin for legal help so I can't see it going very far.

No doubt Abbott did a hatchet job on One nation,

I think that is the point, Abbott financed Legal action solely for political gain, people went to prison and their careers were destroyed by Mr Abbotts malicious game. You can't do that, I would think there is a reasonable chance that he will either settle or if not end up on the wrong end of a decision.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:43am

Dnarever wrote on Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:42am:
Dnarever

I think that is the point, Abbott financed Legal action solely for political gain, people went to prison and their careers were destroyed by Mr Abbotts malicious game. You can't do that.

In the end, this guys case was decided in court, not by Abbott. This court case against Abbott is a waste of time.

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #9 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 8:17am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:43am:
Dnarever wrote on Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:42am:
Dnarever

I think that is the point, Abbott financed Legal action solely for political gain, people went to prison and their careers were destroyed by Mr Abbotts malicious game. You can't do that.

In the end, this guys case was decided in court, not by Abbott. This court case against Abbott is a waste of time.

It was later found that the case had been vexatious - the charges were about damaging one nation and nothing to do with any illegality.

People were significantly damaged and there looks to be a significant case for compensation, given that it was Abbott on behalf of the Liberal party who had financed the sting I would think it reasonable to target Abbott. The biggest hurdle in my view is probably the time that has past.

"There will be no oxygen price under a government I lead".

Would that impact you???

IP Logged

Peter Freedman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wellington
Reply #10 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 8:40am

There is no doubt Abbott's role in this entire business was dirty and disgraceful.

His behaviour raises issues about his character and suitability to lead the nation.

God grant me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and, above all, the wisdom to tell the difference.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 8:42am

The righties will defend anything Abbott does ... no matter how low he goes or how dirty he gets, in their opinion it's justified .

I say sue him for all his worth, and then jail him.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 8:49am

John Smith wrote on Apr 17th, 2013 at 8:42am:
The righties will defend anything Abbott does ... no matter how low he goes or how dirty he gets, in their opinion it's justified .

Yes, phony in prison green Lycra.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 8:51am

John Smith wrote on Apr 17th, 2013 at 8:42am:

To be fair, likewise with gillard as we have seen, but it remains to be seen for the so called righties.

Left just hope the righties dont follow the lefts lead.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #14 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 8:52am

If you line Abbott up with Thomson and Slipper you would have the
Three wise Monkeys

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print