Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Time To Give The Car A Good Service. (Read 5624 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Time To Give The Car A Good Service.
Reply #15 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 9:39am

longweekend58 wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 9:31am:
So when reading the actual story it wasnt about a BILL, it was about a QUOTE apparently built on the template for another car. and this is news??? It would have been news if she had been actually charged for work not completed rather than work incorrectly quoted.

just a beat up over a typo.

bullsh1t it was a typo ... if she had agreed there is no way they wouldn't have charged the quoted amount.

I remember when I was on my P's I was told my catalitic converter needed repalcing and was quoted $350 (20 yrs ago) ..... I had no idea what a catalitic converter was but I couldn't afford the repair so I figured I would have to try myself , went to the auto parts shop and asked for one, they charged me $25 for the part ... it was held on with two small clamps which took me all of 2 minutes to replace. Never had a problem with the car after that ...

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 9:41am

longweekend58 wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 9:33am:
Quantum wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 8:23am:
Sir lastnail wrote on Apr 4th, 2013 at 11:52am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 4th, 2013 at 11:47am:
Vehicle servicing (and over-servicing) is one of the biggest scams going.

40% of their revenue comes from maintenance and spare parts. It's money for old rope and they know it which is why they are very reluctant to build electric cars or any car that requires minimal maintenance Sad

What new levels of BS be this? 40%? You got references for that?

Car companies don't make money from servicing. Taking your car to the local mechanic to have the oil changed doesn't put any money in the manufactures pocket. Likewise dealerships are francished and the money raised from servicing doesn't all go back to the manufacture either.

As for parts, most parts are a result of damage. Electric cars will have accidents just like petrol ones. How is that going to stop spare parts being sold? As for serviceable parts, again, electric cars will still need new shocks and brakes etc. They may not need an oil filter, but there are few wearable parts on a petrol car in which to make money. Real spare parts money is in replacement parts for damage. Even then, most spare parts on cars a few years old are aftermarket and not genuine anyway, so again, no money for the manufacturer.

Whether a car is petrol or electric the manufacture got their money when the sold the thing. Your 40% revenue claim from servicing and parts doesn't make any sense.

manufacturers dont service cars so I dont know how they are supposed to get 40% of their revenue from it. Even in the sale of spare parts that figure makes no sense. in nearly 9 years, my FPV has required an alternator and some vacuum tubing and a broken bonnet release. hardly 40% of the price of the car!

I think he was referring to the car yards and not the manufacturers ... in which case 40% (of profits, not sale price) is about right according to people I know in the industry.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 10:05am

John Smith wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 9:41am:

40% of their revenue comes from maintenance and spare parts. It's money for old rope and they know it which is why they are very reluctant to build electric cars or any car that requires minimal maintenance Sad

Car companies don't make money from servicing. Taking your car to the local mechanic to have the oil changed doesn't put any money in the manufactures pocket. Likewise dealerships are francished and the money raised from servicing doesn't all go back to the manufacture either.

As for parts, most parts are a result of damage. Electric cars will have accidents just like petrol ones. How is that going to stop spare parts being sold? As for serviceable parts, again, electric cars will still need new shocks and brakes etc. They may not need an oil filter, but there are few wearable parts on a petrol car in which to make money. Real spare parts money is in replacement parts for damage. Even then, most spare parts on cars a few years old are aftermarket and not genuine anyway, so again, no money for the manufacturer.

Whether a car is petrol or electric the manufacture got their money when the sold the thing. Your 40% revenue claim from servicing and parts doesn't make any sense.

manufacturers dont service cars so I dont know how they are supposed to get 40% of their revenue from it. Even in the sale of spare parts that figure makes no sense. in nearly 9 years, my FPV has required an alternator and some vacuum tubing and a broken bonnet release. hardly 40% of the price of the car!

I think he was referring to the car yards and not the manufacturers ... in which case 40% (of profits, not sale price) is about right according to people I know in the industry.

which if that is what he actually meant then my response is SO WHAT? a car yard makes 40% from maintenance and parts? so what? its a business and that is the service they provide.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 11:16am

John Smith wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 9:41am:

can't be, because he said;

"It's money for old rope and they know it which is why they are very reluctant to build electric cars or any car that requires minimal maintenance "

He had to be speaking about the manufacturers. They are the only one who chose to build electric cars or not.

IP Logged

Cemmon00

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Apr 9th, 2013 at 6:44pm

I need some car and van services but I don't know any good place where I can get this services that's why I join this community I hope I will get certain information's from here which I need ...as I read it really cooperative community So please cooperate with me here......

Cemmon0

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print