Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
ALP: massacre ahead... (Read 4285 times)
Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ALP: massacre ahead...
Reply #15 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 5:09pm

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 5:08pm:
Armchair_Politician wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 4:50pm:
There can be absolutely no doubt about it anymore. Julia Gillard is officially Australia's worst-ever Prime Minister and her Deputy PM and Treasurer, Wayne Swan is the worst DPM and Treasurer this country has ever had!

Having been around in Whitlams time I never thought I'd see anyone top his arrogance or match his incompetence. But along comes Gillard wih LESS competence, MORE arrogance and that voice... UGH! Whitlam was an oratorical champion while Gillard is bogan central with the Kath and Kim voice.

Gough Whitlam... you may yet live to see your record lost beaten and by a significant margin.

Gillard claimed with confidence in QT recently that she'll win the next election. Seems highly unlikely, to say the least!

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #16 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 5:16pm

2 great points to come out of this poll are:

(1) Labor on 30% primary

(2) Greens on 10% primary

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 5:19pm

Maqqa wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 5:16pm:

(1) Labor on 30% primary

Gillard dissatisfaction at 65% is just as good...

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #18 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 5:41pm

I think the struggle, bloodshed and survival of the fittest tards of the right wing atheist persuasion are in for a shock if they think the coalition is going to be able to implement Darwins Nazi superstitions...

World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 6:46pm

(1) Labor on 30% primary

shhhh! dont tell FD. He still thinks the Greens are rising and headed towards becoming a major party!!! LOL

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 6:50pm

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 6:46pm:

(1) Labor on 30% primary

shhhh! dont tell FD. He still thinks the Greens are rising and headed towards becoming a major party!!! LOL

Hell, they aren't even a minor party. They're just a bunch of lunatic activists...

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #21 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 6:54pm

Armchair_Politician wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 6:50pm:

(1) Labor on 30% primary

Hell, they aren't even a minor party. They're just a bunch of lunatic activists...

Milne tells us they are a credible alternative - but if it wasn't for Labor's power lust they wouldn't have a say at all

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 7:53pm

Maqqa wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 6:54pm:
Armchair_Politician wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 6:50pm:

(1) Labor on 30% primary

Milne tells us they are a credible alternative - but if it wasn't for Labor's power lust they wouldn't have a say at all

Milne says alot - I doubt much if any is the truth.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #23 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:51pm

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 8:49am:
Today's Newspoll gives the nation's view on the ALP and its interminable leadership crisis and it is a massive thumbs down.

In a result which would eclipse Gough Whitlam's massive defeat in 1975, Julia Gillard is taking her fractured and demoralised party to an annihilation that would see 30 of Labors 72 seats go to the popular Coalition. It is a maxim in politics that 'disunity is death' but even labor strategists are shocked by the severity of the hit they have taken. The Coalition have reached 50% of the primary vote while Labor has plunged four points to just 30% and a two-party preferred figure of 58/42. But what Labor fears even more is that the worst is yet to come.

The labor vote is on a solid trajectory down hill and the indications are that nobody is listening to Gillard or indeed, anyone else from labor. Kevin Rudd has shown himself to be a coward and consequently, voters who had a hope that he would rise and 'save' Labor have had their hopes dashed. Gillards actions in sacking and forcing pro-Rudd front benchers out just underlines her divisive rule. Suddenly, there is not just one Rudd on the back bench sniping and leaking information. There are ten of them. And to underline all that misery comes the news that Tonny Abbott is preferred Prime Minister by his biggest margin yet.

If there was ever any hope of a miracle win, it evaporated with this poll. A PM with the strategic and oratorical skills of a Paul Keating couldnt save this turkey. Gillard's political strategy skills are appalling and apart from when she is embarrassing herself by playing the gender card, her oratorical skills match Kath and Kim and even with the accent.

But the ALP are stuck with her now. There is literally no one else left to take on the job and possibly salvage some warm bodies from the wreckage. Like any one of a hundred dictators before her, she has 'executed' her opponents.

By Sept 14 we could be looking at a 40+ seat loss and an ALP doomed to the opposition benches for a decade or more.

I agree, Labor will lose & lose badly, in the upcoming election, as the Public look for someone to blame!

That said, the Liberals will be a "one term" government, as the GFC returns & the Libs go for their standard DNA fix of AUS-terity, which will only exacerbate issues & rush the OZ Economy further into the downward spiral!

So, you can guess what's coming next, as the Public look for someone to blame, which this time will be the Liberals & yes, they will become a term government, as will Labor, who will in trun lose the following election, as a pattern sets in!

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:58pm

perceptions_now wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:51pm:
Today's Newspoll gives the nation's view on the ALP and its interminable leadership crisis and it is a massive thumbs down.

In a result which would eclipse Gough Whitlam's massive defeat in 1975, Julia Gillard is taking her fractured and demoralised party to an annihilation that would see 30 of Labors 72 seats go to the popular Coalition. It is a maxim in politics that 'disunity is death' but even labor strategists are shocked by the severity of the hit they have taken. The Coalition have reached 50% of the primary vote while Labor has plunged four points to just 30% and a two-party preferred figure of 58/42. But what Labor fears even more is that the worst is yet to come.

The labor vote is on a solid trajectory down hill and the indications are that nobody is listening to Gillard or indeed, anyone else from labor. Kevin Rudd has shown himself to be a coward and consequently, voters who had a hope that he would rise and 'save' Labor have had their hopes dashed. Gillards actions in sacking and forcing pro-Rudd front benchers out just underlines her divisive rule. Suddenly, there is not just one Rudd on the back bench sniping and leaking information. There are ten of them. And to underline all that misery comes the news that Tonny Abbott is preferred Prime Minister by his biggest margin yet.

If there was ever any hope of a miracle win, it evaporated with this poll. A PM with the strategic and oratorical skills of a Paul Keating couldnt save this turkey. Gillard's political strategy skills are appalling and apart from when she is embarrassing herself by playing the gender card, her oratorical skills match Kath and Kim and even with the accent.

But the ALP are stuck with her now. There is literally no one else left to take on the job and possibly salvage some warm bodies from the wreckage. Like any one of a hundred dictators before her, she has 'executed' her opponents.

By Sept 14 we could be looking at a 40+ seat loss and an ALP doomed to the opposition benches for a decade or more.

I agree, Labor will lose & lose badly, in the upcoming election, as the Public look for someone to blame!

That said, the Liberals will be a "one term" government, as the GFC returns & the Libs go for their standard DNA fix of AUS-terity, which will only exacerbate issues & rush the OZ Economy further into the downward spiral!

So, you can guess what's coming next, as the Public look for someone to blame, which this time will be the Liberals & yes, they will become a term government, as will Labor, who will in trun lose the following election, as a pattern sets in!

Its good to day dream. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #25 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 4:24am

Oh gawd. Are you ppl gunna keep this up all the way to september? Negativity and slogans? Actually not a bad idea (for the other side) of you do.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 6:27am

theres only one thing that will prevent this being a bigger massacre than gough and thats abbott.

good grief, if the libs had howard/costello as their team instead of abbott /bishop who both are only marginally better than numptie material, well i think the the slaughter would be complete.

as ive said before, i mainly mix with bogans and they all liked gough. gough was worth listening to, the unions were strong at the time.

they universally HATE gillard. i almost feel sorry for her. like andrei i cannot wait to see swans face on election night. whilst julia is just an unfortunate woman with no leadership skills and ambition above her talent, swan is a truly evil class warfare arseh*le, and i have NO sympathy for him and his type. they truly would see australia a third world economy if it meant they could put the boot into the hard workers in the small business sector,  i mite frame his picture too andrei and see if i can get it laminated and fixed in  my toilet bowl Wink

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 6:32am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 27th, 2013 at 4:24am:
Oh gawd. Are you ppl gunna keep this up all the way to september? Negativity and slogans? Actually not a bad idea (for the other side) of you do.

SOB

I'm not negative! I'm positive that Abbott is goping to be PM come September!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 6:35am

perceptions_now wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:51pm:

Gawd, you're almost as delusional as Gillard! Labor is gonna lose up to 35 seats. That's not something you recover from in one term. So like it or not, Tony is gonna be PM for at least two terms, possibly three.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 7:10am

no i think perceptions has a good point.

campbell is coming under pressure in qld trying to pay off labor debt, but campbell is a VERY self assured good communicator.

tony will face massive problems
trying to reverse the pension increases
stop the rediculous NBN blowout
stop the indonesian pipeline
and pay off 200 billion of swan debt.

i'm sorry but i dont think he's up to the job. he tends to clam up (witness some of his interviews) and the media will turn on him when they get a whiff of blood and because they like to make themselves the centre of every interview.
he needs to be very carefully media managed when in the lodge.
i would go the putin route and just be the hard man who doesnt be bothered talking to his underlings.
if not and if he is replaced mid term, it will be a TERRIBLE look considering the current labor fiasco.

oh how i bet the libs wish they could get howard costello back.  the golden years. Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print