Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
ALP: massacre ahead... (Read 4147 times)
longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

ALP: massacre ahead...
Mar 26th, 2013 at 8:49am

Today's Newspoll gives the nation's view on the ALP and its interminable leadership crisis and it is a massive thumbs down.

In a result which would eclipse Gough Whitlam's massive defeat in 1975, Julia Gillard is taking her fractured and demoralised party to an annihilation that would see 30 of Labors 72 seats go to the popular Coalition. It is a maxim in politics that 'disunity is death' but even labor strategists are shocked by the severity of the hit they have taken. The Coalition have reached 50% of the primary vote while Labor has plunged four points to just 30% and a two-party preferred figure of 58/42. But what Labor fears even more is that the worst is yet to come.

The labor vote is on a solid trajectory down hill and the indications are that nobody is listening to Gillard or indeed, anyone else from labor. Kevin Rudd has shown himself to be a coward and consequently, voters who had a hope that he would rise and 'save' Labor have had their hopes dashed. Gillards actions in sacking and forcing pro-Rudd front benchers out just underlines her divisive rule. Suddenly, there is not just one Rudd on the back bench sniping and leaking information. There are ten of them. And to underline all that misery comes the news that Tonny Abbott is preferred Prime Minister by his biggest margin yet.

If there was ever any hope of a miracle win, it evaporated with this poll. A PM with the strategic and oratorical skills of a Paul Keating couldnt save this turkey. Gillard's political strategy skills are appalling and apart from when she is embarrassing herself by playing the gender card, her oratorical skills match Kath and Kim and even with the accent.

But the ALP are stuck with her now. There is literally no one else left to take on the job and possibly salvage some warm bodies from the wreckage. Like any one of a hundred dictators before her, she has 'executed' her opponents.

By Sept 14 we could be looking at a 40+ seat loss and an ALP doomed to the opposition benches for a decade or more.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Re: ALP: massacre ahead...
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 8:56am

http://au.news.yahoo.com/election/a/-/article/16443287/labors-lousy-week-continu...

The Newspoll, taken over the weekend and published in The Australian on Tuesday, shows Labor's primary vote has crashed five points to a disastrous 30 per cent while the coalition has jumped six points to 50 per cent.

The Australian says that after taking into account preference flows, the government's support is eight percentage points below its level at the 2010 election - at 42 per cent - compared to the coalition's 12-month high of 58 per cent - a six-point rise.

If that sort of swing was repeated at the election 30 Labor MPs, including at least five ministers, would lose their seats.

In the preferred prime minister stakes, Opposition Leader Tony Abbott is streets ahead, 43 per cent (up five points) to 35 per cent (down seven) - the second time in three Newspoll surveys since February that he has been in front.

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

woof woof
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 9:02am

Labor just have this inate abillity to screw everything they try to do up, maybe its because the ppl in labor have little to no real world work experience and try and implement ideologies.

Look at the NBN, it will blow out to over 100B, I doubt it will ever be completed?

Labor are just incompetant

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 9:27am

It is going to be a slaughtering of biblical proportions.
I am going to frame the picture of Swan's face when that pr*ck loses his seat.

You treat the people with contempt at your own peril.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 9:31am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 9:27am:

images_018.jpeg (8 KB | 97 )
images_018.jpeg

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

Peter Freedman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wellington
Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:36am

Well, Andrei, you should know all about THAT?

Biblical proportions? Will we see Abbott driving a chariot dressed in his budgie smugglers?

God grant me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and, above all, the wisdom to tell the difference.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:39am

woof woof wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 9:02am:
Labor just have this inate abillity to screw everything they try to do up, maybe its because the ppl in labor have little to no real world work experience and try and implement ideologies.Look at the NBN, it will blow out to over 100B, I doubt it will ever be completed?

that may be a big part of their problem.

The NBN wil be outdated well before it is completed.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 4:09pm

and where are the laborites defending their cause???

buzz was in every day laughing abotu the libs when they were 16% behind and predicting that the Libs would cease to exist.

where is he now??  just where all labor supporters go when their team is flogged. off to the pub.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 4:12pm

Peter Freedman wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:36am:

Well, Andrei, you should know all about THAT?

Biblical proportions? Will we see Abbott driving a chariot dressed in his budgie smugglers?

Let's hope so. He will be good at wrestling in his undies like Ben Hur.

Honk if you're horny!

IP Logged

Innocent bystander
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 4:15pm

General Custer had more hope  Grin

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #10 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 4:27pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:39am:
woof woof wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 9:02am:
Labor just have this inate abillity to screw everything they try to do up, maybe its because the ppl in labor have little to no real world work experience and try and implement ideologies.Look at the NBN, it will blow out to over 100B, I doubt it will ever be completed?

that may be a big part of their problem.

The NBN wil be outdated well before it is completed.

So the answer is to imnpliment something ten years further out of date with no chance of ever making the grade?

That is the other option on the table.

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #11 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 4:45pm

Longwhiners dream is that a right wing Atheist cabal in the Coalition can more fully implement Darwins heinous struggle, bloodshed and survival of the fittest ideology where left wing atheists in the Labor party failed him...  What he is missing is that history has marched by Darwins evil superstitious philosophy and its getting harder and harder for Government Atheists to uphold in the face of public anger......

World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #12 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 4:46pm

Longwhiners dream is that a right wing Atheist cabal in the Coalition can more fully implement Darwins heinous struggle, bloodshed and survival of the fittest ideology where left wing atheists in the Labor party failed him...  What he is missing is that history has marched by Darwins evil superstitious philosophy and its getting harder and harder for Government Atheists to uphold in the face of public anger......

World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 4:50pm

There can be absolutely no doubt about it anymore. Julia Gillard is officially Australia's worst-ever Prime Minister and her Deputy PM and Treasurer, Wayne Swan is the worst DPM and Treasurer this country has ever had!

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 5:08pm

Armchair_Politician wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 4:50pm:
There can be absolutely no doubt about it anymore. Julia Gillard is officially Australia's worst-ever Prime Minister and her Deputy PM and Treasurer, Wayne Swan is the worst DPM and Treasurer this country has ever had!

Having been around in Whitlams time I never thought I'd see anyone top his arrogance or match his incompetence. But along comes Gillard wih LESS competence, MORE arrogance and that voice... UGH! Whitlam was an oratorical champion while Gillard is bogan central with the Kath and Kim voice.

Gough Whitlam... you may yet live to see your record lost beaten and by a significant margin.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print