www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: goats
Reply #45 - May 31st, 2013 at 10:07pm

Amadd wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 11:43pm:
Chimp_Logic wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 8:32pm:
Amadd wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 8:07pm:
freediver wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 7:52pm:
The Chimp brings up a good point. We are hypocrits on many food issues and have plenty of old taboos, as well as a few new ones like whale and dolphin meat. We slaughter millions of unwanted dogs and cats out of convenience. But all that meat goes to waste, when there are plenty of skilled Chinese chefs who could turn it into a tasty treat. They go well on those little kebab on a skewer things.

Hmm..We don't generally eat carnivores.

most fish eat other fish

Yeah fish are a different kettle of ..umm..fish. They can be herbivores, omnivores or carnivores, and they're almost like having vegetables on the plate anyway.

For some reason carnivore animals don't seem to do much for the taste buds unless they're prepared to taste like something else.
Maybe it's because we're genetically accustomed to hunting and eating the slower animals that spend a lot of time grazing.

It's because fish are weightless.

Quote:
Humans are not Genetically suited to feed on the flesh of animals.

We are omniviourous by nature.

Quote:
(Having said that, there have been some cases of monkeys attacking other monkeys and small prey to feed on the flesh - but this is rare and not well understood as to the reasons for this behaviour)

What is there to understand? It is food.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #46 - Jun 2nd, 2013 at 4:49pm

I eat fish and vegetables but just as an individual health choice. (My cholesterol was getting high and I perform better on a vegetarian diet). I wouldn't impose that on anybody else and I don't see any problem in eating meat as long as it's not human  Grin

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #47 - Jun 2nd, 2013 at 10:34pm

a perfectly reasonable drawing-the-line.. Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jun 2nd, 2013 at 11:26pm

muso wrote on Jun 2nd, 2013 at 4:49pm:
I eat fish and vegetables but just as an individual health choice. (My cholesterol was getting high and I perform better on a vegetarian diet).

This will drop your cholesterol by 10%.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #49 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 6:30am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 2nd, 2013 at 11:26pm:
muso wrote on Jun 2nd, 2013 at 4:49pm:
I eat fish and vegetables but just as an individual health choice. (My cholesterol was getting high and I perform better on a vegetarian diet).

This will drop your cholesterol by 10%.

http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/images/productimages/64413/original_CW.jpg

Thanks, but it has been normal for the last 10 years through diet and exercise.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #50 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 7:27pm

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #51 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:29am

The Chimp brings up a good point. We are hypocrits on many food issues and have plenty of old taboos, as well as a few new ones like whale and dolphin meat. We slaughter millions of unwanted dogs and cats out of convenience. But all that meat goes to waste, when there are plenty of skilled Chinese chefs who could turn it into a tasty treat. They go well on those little kebab on a skewer things.

many blessings ,

there are those upon your world whom eat no meat

no fish ... and as such the assertion is false ...

also ,

many freemasons like the goat and do weird

un natural things one may suggest upon mention

and so it is

forgiven

namaste

http://www.evangelicaltruth.com/chapter6.html

Riding the Goat

Candidate kneels upon a representation of a coffin
Most Protestant people in Northern Ireland and many parts of Scotland have heard the saying "riding the goat" in regard to one joining the Order Order. But what does this mean? Those who have went through Orangeism's 3rd level the Royal Arch Purple will be familar with what "riding the goat" really signifies.

Before the blindfolded Royal Arch Purple candidate experiences "riding the goat," he is led over to within four or five feet of the front of a purpose-built ladder, symbolising 'Jacob's ladder'. The candidate then steps 'two and a half' paces forward towards the ladder, in an observance called 'the advancement'. The Royal Arch Purple draft explains, "This 'advancement' by steps is not unique to the Arch Purple but is shared by the Masonic Order." This 'two and a half' paces represent the secret mystical number of the Order. This mystical number permeates through all aspects of Arch Purple secrecy.

The Protestant Truth Society booklet of 1925 reveals the significance of the two and a half, stating, "They [The Royal Arch Purple] claim to be representative of the two and a half Tribes that led the vanguard of Israel to the Promised Land, and the numerals two and a half are to some extent the badge of their Organisation." This 'two and a half' is the mystical number of the Order, as the Arch Purple lecture explains:

Q."Have you a number?
A. Practical, or mystical.
Q. Mystical?
A. Two, and a half.
Q. What two and a half?
A. The two tribes and a half.
Q. What two tribes and a half?
A. The tribe of Reuben, the tribe of Gad, and the half tribe of Manasseh.
Q. What became of the two tribes and a half?
A. They were restored to their former inheritance on the other side of Jordan in the land of Gilead."
Like all secret societies and occult bodies the Royal Arch Purple entrusts its initiates with secret passwords, handshakes, knocks and signs, as keys to open doors into its secret world of mystery. The Royal Arch Purple Order itself owns three permanent passwords.

1. The entrance password for the Arch Purple is: "Shib-Bo-Leth."

2. The central password for the Arch Purple is: "The-Ark-of- God."

The ignorant candidate is later informed that this mystical password really represents G-O-A-T spelt backwards.

3. The great and grand password for the Arch Purple is: "The-great-Jehovah-be our-guide."

A changeable password known as an 'annual password' is made every year and is taken from Scripture in the most superstitious manner. Like all secrets within the Order, this password is given mystically. This is performed by furnishing the membership orally with four numbers. E.g. 2-25-2-12. This would tell the members that the 'annual password' is to be found in the second book of the Bible, Exodus, in the twenty-fifth chapter, in the second verse and is the twelfth word. The password for the year would then be 'offering'. That word, along with the permanent passwords of the Order would then be the members pass into any working Royal Arch Purple Chapter meeting.

The Bible is certainly not a basin to fish superstitious passwords from, but the true, open and infallible revelation of God's Word. The Scriptures say, "Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith" (Romans 16:25-26).

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #52 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:38pm

Hi master Light,

have you gone all religious?

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #53 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 1:15pm

lol

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #54 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 6:20pm

it_is_the_light wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:29am:

many blessings ,

Traditionally vegetarians have relied on accidentally eating large numbers of weavils and other small animals. These days they eat special tablets made up of ground up dogs.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #55 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 7:03pm

freediver wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 6:20pm:
it_is_the_light wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:29am:

many blessings ,

Traditionally vegetarians have relied on accidentally eating large numbers of weavils and other small animals. These days they eat special tablets made up of ground up dogs.

many blessings and again

abstract distinctions attempting to pigeon hole

or label another as a platform for limp wristed abuse

so be it ..much forgiveness unto you

namaste

- : ) =

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #56 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 7:07pm

freemasons love the goat ...

so why is this so ? lets have a looky

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/06/the-masonic-goat-riders-ritual-2673...

Pictured above is the cover of the 1930 edition of the DeMoulin Bros. & Co. catalog titled “Burlesque and Side Degree Specialties, Paraphernalia and Costumes.” We believe that this was the last fraternal supply catalog the DeMoulin Bros. produced, as this company suffered the same fate that many company’s did with the onset of the Great Depression.

Today, the DeMoulin company survives as one of the largest manufacturers of high quality band uniforms. Below are pictured a few of the catalog pages depicting the various models available for the goat riding tricycles.
Here is a sample text of a goat riding initiation and how it was used in the Lodge:
The Goat is usually the first “stunt” introduced to a candidate; he is hoodwinked in ante-room and when he enters the Lodge room he is picked up and placed on the Goat and given a ride several times around the Lodge room and dismounted in front of the Chief Officer’s Station, where he is presented for instructions.
A NOVEL WAY TO INTRODUCE THE GOAT.
The candidate is hoodwinked in the ante-room and conducted to the Chief Officer’s Station.
CONDUCTOR – “Chief Officer, I present you Mr. Who is a candidate seeking the mysteries of our Order. He awaits your instructions.”
OFFICER-”My friend, before permitting you to advance into this grand and noble Order, it is my duty to examine you by asking you certain questions, for your answers, which will be considered by the Lodge before starting you on your journey to seek the secrets of our Order.”
“What is your name in full?”
“How old are you?”
“Are you single or married?”
(If married) “How many children have you?”
“What is your occupation?”
“Have you always been able to earn a good livelihood?”
“Do you consider yourself to be sound and in good health?”
“Have you a good appetite?”
“Do you eat meat?”
“Do you like butter?”
“Do you like soft or hard butter?”
(Candidate will say hard butter.)
“Very well, we will try and satisfy your appetite. We have the hardest and best butter in this section of the country. This butter has been tried by every candidate introduced, and they can all testify that he is a hard butter. Attendants, bring forth Billie, our hard butter, and administer some of his good qualities to our candidate.”
(The Goat is brought in and the candidate is mounted and given a ride around the Lodge room, and finally returned and dismounted in front of Officer’s Station, and the following is introduced if desired
OFFICER-”Well, sir, how do you like our butter?”
(Candidate is liable to say it’s all right.)

OFFICER-”Now, my friend, you said, I believe, that you liked meat any old way. I am glad to know that you do, because we have an obligation in the way of a meat test which I will have to administer to you.”

Now, as crazy as this sounds, this is a real ritual, and who knows how far it’s actually carried out.

on-topic banter

enjoy , namaste

- : ) =

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #57 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 10:15pm

http://www.tcmag.com/magazine/herd_of_goats_almost_wiped_out

Warning:
The above is pretty graphic ...and they did catch the driver responsible (drunk!).

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #58 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 10:26pm

goats !

"RIDING the GOAT" Very strange Fraternal Lodge Initiation, 1928.

Uploaded on Jan 27, 2012
Extraordinary Fraternal Initiation ritual from 1920s, United States. http://www.juliasuits.net Behind the secret doors of the Shriners, Odd Fellows, Knights of Pythias, Order of Moose, Woodmen of the World,and Elks are some very strange goings on. A mechanical goat on wheels is anticipating his bout with an unsuspecting candidate for Fraternal Lodge membership. But this goat is WILD; and the frailer, shyer man needs a gentler ride! It is wise to avoid injury and a lawsuit, so exercise your "Billie" beforehand and get the fleas off his back.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #59 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 10:27pm

Seems every Race has its 'sacred' Animal for various reasons like National Emblems for the Political, etc.
I guess once 'everyone's sacred animal is respected - things might improve.

Shame we are in a massive extinction era, kick-started by the aboriginals BBQ'ing the MegaFauna in just 5,000 years!
If they couldn't 'live with' such, then no animal is safe.
If Nippon (Japan for the archaic Westerners) is the best example of a World out of control with Over-Population and Quality lifestyles making demands on natural resources ...then this World will be back to being a Primordial Ocean of Jellies and Lands of just Insects.

...but hey, part of the evolution of the planet is to get to the stage where one of its own species brings about a Mass Extinction. This is the price paid for no previous experience to learn from ...unlike the next species that will evolve and dig up our pieces covered in dust and dirt.

How to invade a planet:  smuggle in some 'things' and watch them from a safe distance, destroy themselves.
Then when they are all gone, in one of the Galaxy's highest rating shows for eons ...move in on Earth and reap a well tilled planet.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print