Chimp_Logic
Gold Member

πολιτικός

Mawson Base
Re: goats
Reply #30 - May 20th, 2013 at 8:32pm

Amadd wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 8:07pm:
freediver wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 7:52pm:
The Chimp brings up a good point. We are hypocrits on many food issues and have plenty of old taboos, as well as a few new ones like whale and dolphin meat. We slaughter millions of unwanted dogs and cats out of convenience. But all that meat goes to waste, when there are plenty of skilled Chinese chefs who could turn it into a tasty treat. They go well on those little kebab on a skewer things.

Hmm..We don't generally eat carnivores.

most fish eat other fish

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness

IP Logged

Chimp_Logic
Gold Member

πολιτικός

Mawson Base
Reply #31 - May 20th, 2013 at 8:38pm

John Smith wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 5:04pm:
Chimp_Logic wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 4:57pm:
John Smith wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 11:48am:
Chimp_Logic wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 11:34am:
...funny how some can slaughter and eat this

http://informedfarmers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Lamb1.jpg

but cant seem to put some of this on the dinner table

http://www.inspirationline.com/images/cat-dog-lap2.jpg

I would have sex with every woman out there either .... it's about choice.

ah - but this is not about choice - its about relative moralism and the abandonment of the basic Principle of the Universality

I suggest you ask your butcher next time, whether he can get you some cat, dog or filleted poodle chops

no ...I am happy for you to live by your morals and principals but you cannot shove your morals and principals onto me. ... you don't want to eat goat? fine, I do. and your argument about cat or dogs is stupid . Do you eat vegetables? ..  then eat a tree.  it  makes as much sense as your comparison.

Listen Smith, what morals and principles you decide to adopt or adhere to is a matter for you and your therapist

I certainly haven't expoused any of mine online

But the simple Principle of Universality is easy for anyone to understand and to value in their everyday lives - and yet very few do!

The notion that ONE applies the same morals and ethical standards to ONE's own life as one does to every other person obviously is distasteful to you as a person.

The rejection of this basic Principle leads to evil and suffering

(you only need to read some of the posts in some of the threads on this forum alone to understand this connection)

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 20th, 2013 at 9:10pm

Chimp_Logic wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 8:38pm:
notion that ONE applies the same morals and ethical standards to ONE's own life as one does to every other person

other person no problem, a goat however, is not a person

Chimp_Logic wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 8:38pm:
The rejection of this basic Principle leads to evil and suffering

that is something you believe, and good on you for doing so, someone has to buy those dumb books, but I do not go by that principle and I don't believe that rejecting it leads to evil ... evil leads to evil, as does trying to enforce your opinion onto others.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 20th, 2013 at 9:11pm

The Chimp brings up a good point. We are hypocrits on many food issues and have plenty of old taboos, as well as a few new ones like whale and dolphin meat. We slaughter millions of unwanted dogs and cats out of convenience. But all that meat goes to waste, when there are plenty of skilled Chinese chefs who could turn it into a tasty treat. They go well on those little kebab on a skewer things.

pigs aren't herbivores ... and they are yummy yummy yummy.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #34 - May 20th, 2013 at 9:31pm

we ARE omnivores.... 

we'll eat anything.  Custom dictates our diets.

live every day

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #35 - May 20th, 2013 at 9:49pm

Emma wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 9:31pm:
we ARE omnivores.... 

we'll eat anything.  Custom dictates our diets.

Exactly right Emma

My beef (pun intended) was a fun thread turned ugly.

Chimp could have started his own discussion on slaughter methods and animals for comsumption.

The Chinesde have a saying
"If it's back faces Heaven"
anything that walks on all fours is fair game as well as crawling infants Wink

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #36 - May 20th, 2013 at 9:57pm

mustn't...post....goatse....

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #37 - May 20th, 2013 at 10:16pm

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #38 - May 20th, 2013 at 11:43pm

Chimp_Logic wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 8:32pm:

most fish eat other fish

Yeah fish are a different kettle of ..umm..fish. They can be herbivores, omnivores or carnivores, and they're almost like having vegetables on the plate anyway.

For some reason carnivore animals don't seem to do much for the taste buds unless they're prepared to taste like something else.
Maybe it's because we're genetically accustomed to hunting and eating the slower animals that spend a lot of time grazing.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #39 - May 21st, 2013 at 3:00am

heehee
pay the goats  ...  legless or what?

live every day

IP Logged

Chimp_Logic
Gold Member

πολιτικός

Mawson Base
Reply #40 - May 21st, 2013 at 11:27am

Amadd wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 11:43pm:
Chimp_Logic wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 8:32pm:

most fish eat other fish

Yeah fish are a different kettle of ..umm..fish. They can be herbivores, omnivores or carnivores, and they're almost like having vegetables on the plate anyway.

For some reason carnivore animals don't seem to do much for the taste buds unless they're prepared to taste like something else.
Maybe it's because we're genetically accustomed to hunting and eating the slower animals that spend a lot of time grazing.

trivial personal preferences to support your thesis that Fish Meat is somehow TOTALLY different from Beef - that it isn't the flesh of a carnivore for example

And like land animals, not all fish feed exclusively on other smaller fish. Most oily fish for example, fish with Omega oil content continually feed on algae, sea weed etc. That's where they get their Omega Oil content. Other larger fish can feed of these algae eating fish as well.

Humans are not Genetically suited to feed on the flesh of animals. Our digestive system is designed to process vegetation, seeds, fruit etc. Our intestines are very long to allow processing to take play. A lions intestine for example is very short. Hence the health problems associated with eating red meat. (link between Bowel cancer and red meat diet)

(Having said that, there have been some cases of monkeys attacking other monkeys and small prey to feed on the flesh - but this is rare and not well understood as to the reasons for this behaviour)

.....bon appetite

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)

IP Logged

Chard
Gold Member

Mein Führer! I can walk!

Alabama, USA
Reply #41 - May 21st, 2013 at 1:22pm

Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #42 - May 30th, 2013 at 8:50pm

I'm unable to fathom the recent (and almost obsessive) preoccupation with cats, goats and chimps in this Chat forum.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 30th, 2013 at 9:36pm

Lisa Jones wrote on May 30th, 2013 at 8:50pm:
I'm unable to fathom the recent (and almost obsessive) preoccupation with cats, goats and chimps in this Chat forum.

politics is getting boring.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #44 - May 30th, 2013 at 9:44pm

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print