Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Zionist Aussies seek terrorist training (Read 15250 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Zionist Aussies seek terrorist training
Nov 30th, 2012 at 11:33pm

Imagine the rants we'd be hearing if they were Muslims wanting to do the same thing...

More indications Australia is a sold out Zionist lackey state.. as if any more were needed.

Aussie Zionists training to fight for Israel

7.30 By Tom Tilley
Updated Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:11am AEDT

With the Middle East ceasefire less than a week old, young Jewish Australians are preparing to go to Israel so they can join the army and fight in any future conflict.

These young Australians say they are ready to risk everything to support Israel, and the recent violence has only increased their enthusiasm.

Australia's youth Zionist groups organise activities and Jewish education programs for teenagers in the hope they will actively support Israel.

For young Zionists, the state of Israel is central to Jewish life and there is a long tradition of them leaving home and moving to Israel.

It is called 'making Aliyah'.

In the past four years, more than 400 Australian Jews have made the move and most of them have done compulsory military service.

Reuben Bolaffi oversees Australia's young Zionist groups and he says the recent conflict has strengthened the resolve of young Australian Zionists to support the Jewish homeland.

"People who have the desire to be in Israel, it's not really going to change for them," he said.

"They have a vision of how they want to see Israel, and part of the vision [is] they want to go and build the state to how they want it to be and I think the recent Gaza conflict only increase that desire."

'Risk I have to take'

Ben Milston is one of many young Australian Jews who wants to be a combat soldier in the Israeli Defence Force.

He has started training around Bondi Beach to build up his fitness for what lies ahead.

"I imagine [you need to be] pretty fit. I'm trying to build up strength and core and everything, got to get prepared," he said.

It is an ambition which will put Mr Milston on the front line in an ongoing and bitter conflict.

"It's one of those things; what are you willing to give up and what are you willing to die for?" he said.

"If I saved lives doing what I'd be doing... that's the risk I have to take."

Mr Milston works in a Jewish cafe in Bondi and lives a comfortable life.

What are you willing to give up and what are you willing to die for? If I saved lives doing what I'd be doing... that's the risk I have to take.

Ben Milston
Leaving friends and family to take up arms for Israel was not part of his life plan, but a gap year in Israel changed that.

"I guess I realised how comfortable I am being with other Jewish people, other people that might have the same emotions or experiences, in terms of whether or not it's from the Holocaust or whether it's other anti-Semitic things that I've had throughout my life," he said.

"It's just I guess a really nice connection to be with your own people."

That sense of connection is what made Mr Milston decide he wanted to live in Israel permanently and he says that comes with responsibilities.

"If I wanted to live in that country, then I wanted to do my bit to try to defend it as well," he said.

Zionist youth camp

Mr Milston is not alone. There are other young Australian Jews - many of them members of youth Zionist groups - who are also preparing to fight for Israel.

Last weekend around 100 Zionist youth leaders met at a camp near Ballarat in Victoria.

For 20-year-old Sam Gosling, it was the last camp he would attend before leaving for Israel in less than three weeks.

He says he knows he is risking his life.

"I am putting my life on the line for Israel. I've made that decision that it is such an incredible place that I'll join the army for it," he said.

He says it has been a little unsettling watching the recent conflict on television, knowing he is going to be there soon.

"It was a little worrying but really it doesn't change anything. If anything, I want to go there more now that I see other people helping out," he said.

"I'm going because I love the country. My goal is not to change it. I'm going there to really enjoy the country."

Daniel Crook, 24, is another young Zionist about to emigrate to Israel.

Pacifism is central to his beliefs.

"I'm choosing to work towards a reality where violence is no longer an answer and where the IDF may not even need to exist," he said.

Source: Your ABC

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Re: Zionist Aussies seek terrorist training
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2012 at 11:36pm

Well at least its official so if the world does see common sense and obey the law eventually they can be charged for their terrorism and participation in war crimes.

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 12:28am

Quote:
Imagine the rants we'd be hearing if they were Muslims wanting to do the same thing...

Loads of muslims went to Egypt, Syria and Libya...all to provide 'humanitarian aid' only of course. None of them would have picked up a gun, given that this is illegal.

Joining the army of a sovereign state, say Israel, is not illegal. If they went over there to be some sort of militia it would be. I knew and know a lot of Australian jews that have served in the IDF.  And being in the military is not 'terrorist training'.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 12:14pm

Abu thinks Avram is a terrorist.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 12:19pm

freediver wrote on Dec 1st, 2012 at 12:14pm:
Abu thinks Avram is a terrorist.

Only by the dictionary definition  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Big Dave
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 12:29pm

If these Jews have duel citizenship then they can go off an fight for their other country. It's perfectly within the law for muslims with duel citizenship to do so also. I personally don't agree with duel citizenship. lebanese are payed australian pensions to sit under date trees in lebanon all day. It hardly seems right.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 12:32pm

Big Dave wrote on Dec 1st, 2012 at 12:29pm:
If these Jews have duel citizenship then they can go off an fight for their other country. It's perfectly within the law for muslims with duel citizenship to do so also. I personally don't agree with duel citizenship. lebanese are payed australian pensions to sit under date trees in lebanon all day. It hardly seems right.

Its not legal to commit acts of terrorism and participate in war crimes tho.

IP Logged

Big Dave
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 2:12pm

bobbythefap1 wrote on Dec 1st, 2012 at 12:32pm:

Is it terrorism to fight for your  country when your neighbours want you wiped off the face of the earth? That is of course if you think Isreal should just bend over and take it up the bum.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #8 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 2:13pm

Big Dave wrote on Dec 1st, 2012 at 2:12pm:
bobbythefap1 wrote on Dec 1st, 2012 at 12:32pm:

Is it terrorism to fight for your  country when your neighbours want you wiped off the face of the earth? That is of course if you think Isreal should just bend over and take it up the bum.

It is if your country is illegally occupying another country, see Nuremberg trials.
At least you understand the general logic, now just apply it to the peoples who are actually defending themselves.

IP Logged

Big Dave
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 2:23pm

What's it got to do with Syria ,Turkey, Lebanon, Jordon and Egypt etc. That's why Israel is calling up people. It's because Egypt and Syria want to attack them. It's not all about stealing land and occupying somebody else's land. It's very much to do with the fact muslims traditionally hate jews and they want they out of the middle east. This same stuff was going on before the Palestinian occupation. I don't believe in taking over peoples houses but I certainly don't agree with pushing millions of Jews forcefully out of the middle east.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #10 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 2:26pm

Big Dave wrote on Dec 1st, 2012 at 2:23pm:
What's it got to do with Syria ,Turkey, Lebanon, Jordon and Egypt etc. That's why Israel is calling up people. It's because Egypt and Syria want to attack them. It's not all about stealing land and occupying somebody else's land. It's very much to do with the fact muslims traditionally hate jews and they want they out of the middle east. This same stuff was going on before the Palestinian occupation. I don't believe in taking over peoples houses but I certainly don't agree with pushing millions of Jews forcefully out of the middle east.

This is like saying it was ok for the Nazis to attack Britian when they defended Poland and France.

IP Logged

Big Dave
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 2:31pm

What do you want to happen there? The fact of the matter is that it isn't one side is bad (Jews) and the others are victims (arabs). There's prejudice and hatred aimed at each other and alot of it has nothing to do with bulldozed houses.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 2:40pm

Ironically, it was Muslim Arab countries that pushed a lot of the Jews into Israel - nearly a million of them. It was one of the biggest forced migrations in modern history. This dwarfed the number of Jews that migrated to Israel to escape the holocaust (which Abu constantly complains was illegal). These are the same countries that refuse to take Muslim Arab refugees from the area.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #13 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 2:43pm

Big Dave wrote on Dec 1st, 2012 at 2:31pm:
What do you want to happen there? The fact of the matter is that it isn't one side is bad (Jews) and the others are victims (arabs). There's prejudice and hatred aimed at each other and alot of it has nothing to do with bulldozed houses.

You could start by treating the Israeli terrorist regime like you would any other non-Jew/Anglo regime that does the same things.
It has everything to do with bulldozed houses and even if it did it would make no difference, it certainly does not change international law.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #14 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 2:44pm

freediver wrote on Dec 1st, 2012 at 2:40pm:

Ironically, it was Muslim Arab countries that pushed a lot of the Jews into Israel - nearly a million of them. It was one of the biggest forced migrations in modern history. This dwarfed the number of Jews that migrated to Israel to escape the holocaust (which Abu constantly complains was illegal). These are the same countries that refuse to take Muslim Arab refugees from the area.

And?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print