Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
illegal Jewish immigration into Israel (Read 19591 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: illegal Jewish immigration into Israel
Reply #30 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:05pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 11:47am:
Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 11:33am:
Islamophobia is a techically and logically incorrect term

I'm pretty sure I've been through this before, and furthermore I'm almost certain I was answering you.

Islamophobia is real, it is understood, and it is has been demonstrated and documented. It is a type of racism, but as you correctly point out,  islam is not a "race", so therefore it is more commonly referred to as islamophobia. Even so, the cognitive processes that lead to both are basically the same. Persecuting a woman because they wear an islamic hijab is no different to persecuting someone because they have dark coloured skin.

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 11:33am:
We should start calling muslims Judeophobic when they criticise Israel.

The correct term is "anti-semitic" - and it is levelled against muslims and anyone who dare criticise Israel all the time. Of course technically, to describe an anti-semite as someone who hates jews is wrong since semite refers to a linguistic group (incorporating hebrew speakers as well as a bunch of others including arabic). But who cares? English is full of incorrectly defined words, it doesn't matter. We all know what it means - anti-semitic means anti jew, just as islamophobic means anti muslim.

Islamophobia is not real it is a technically and logically incorrect word which explains why it is popular with muslims.

Islam is an ideology a set of beliefs that guide life for muslims it is a fallacy that one can be phobic of beliefs.

If muslims persist in using words they invented which are technically and logically incorrect then under religious equality we should start calling muslim critics of jews Judeophobes

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #31 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:37pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:05pm:
Islam is an ideology a set of beliefs that guide life for muslims it is a fallacy that one can be phobic of beliefs.

Thats correct - which is why islamophobia has nothing to do with criticising the actual teachings of islam. In fact most islamophobes know almost nothing about those teachings. Like I said islamophobia follows the same patterns as regular racism - it is almost entirely about persecuting and discriminating muslims because they exhibit the visual identifiers of islam. Which is why almost all islamophobia is directed at women who wear a headscarf - the headscarf is the thing that non-muslims most closesly associate with islam. Also most muslims are still non-white, so there is a definite element of your classic racism.

In short, islamophobes target muslims not because they are muslim per se, but because they look muslim.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:46pm

Quote:
Probably because you do it by recycling the same tired old islamophobic propaganda. Answering bigotry with bigotry is less than constructive.

I did it by referring to his own evidence, which shows that other than the holocaust and the expulsion of Jews from Arab Muslim countries, the immigration was perfectly legal. Perhaps you didn't notice that  bit.

Quote:
because after all, don't all muslims want to slaughter jews just for the hell of it?

Not for the hell of it. They are following Muhammed's lead.

Quote:
Persecuting a woman because they wear an islamic hijab is no different to persecuting someone because they have dark coloured skin.

What about because they want to stone people to death who disagree with them? This hardly sounds like a phobia to me.

Quote:
The correct term is "anti-semitic"

Abu gets upset if you use that term. Why is it a phobia for Islam but not Judaism?

Quote:
it is almost entirely about persecuting and discriminating muslims because they exhibit the visual identifiers of islam. Which is why almost all islamophobia is directed at women who wear a headscarf

Can you explain how you go from there to accusing me of Islamophobia? Do you think I have Abu confused with a woman in a letterbox outfit?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #33 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:57pm

Here's freediver totally not engaging in any sort of anti-islamic bigotry (see how I took out that pesky word "islamophobia" - just so you don't get distracted):

freediver wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:46pm:
They are following Muhammed's lead.

they want to stone people to death who disagree with them

a woman in a letterbox outfit

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 1:23pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:37pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:05pm:

Thats correct - which is why islamophobia has nothing to do with criticising the actual teachings of islam. In fact most islamophobes know almost nothing about those teachings. Like I said islamophobia follows the same patterns as regular racism - it is almost entirely about persecuting and discriminating muslims because they exhibit the visual identifiers of islam. Which is why almost all islamophobia is directed at women who wear a headscarf - the headscarf is the thing that non-muslims most closesly associate with islam. Also most muslims are still non-white, so there is a definite element of your classic racism.

In short, islamophobes target muslims not because they are muslim per se, but because they look muslim.

Islamophobia is a technically and logically incorrect word it has nothing to do with racism which is another word muslims use incorrectly with critics of Islam.
You can always fall back on bigotry when the previous slurs dont silence the critics.

Yes most muslims are still non-white as you say and i would suggest there is no chance of them taking up a man made belief like Islam.
There are many hadeeth that say Mohammad was white, he fits my definition of white trash,why are all the prophets from god white men?

The Jews are the biggest victims of hate crimes which are about 5-6 times higher than any other religion,Judeophobia is rampant in the Islamic world.
Muslims always squeal like a stuck pig claiming they are victims yet that is a result of the ingrained victim mentality that muslims have.

The stats show the jews are the biggest victims of hate crimes,perhaps that results from judeophobic muslims.

www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/hate-crime/2010/narratives/hate-crime-2010-victims

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #35 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 1:58pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 1:23pm:
Islamophobia is a technically and logically incorrect word

So are about 1000 other English words - like anti-semitism. It doesn't matter what the original meaning is, what matters is how we perceive the word now. anti-semitism is the word we use for anti-jewish bigotry, and islamophobia is the word we use for anti-muslim bigotry. I really don't see whats so hard about that.

Quote:

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #36 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 6:34pm

freediver wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 8:36am:
Our government gets replaced every few years Abu. This is perfectly legal. I have no doubt that one day we will even elect a Muslim, though I am sure you would not consider them a proper Muslim. The Americans just elected a black man from a Muslim country as president. Unlike Muslims, we do not insist on mass slaughters every time there is a change in leadership.

Are you honestly trying to compare the Zionist overrunning of Palestine with Australia's 4 yearly government changeovers? So again I'll ask you, if Muslims form militias, and expel Anglos from their towns and sieze power, you'll consider their new government legal? And if they then passed an immigration law forbidding Anglos from immigrating to Australia (even if they were born here) whilst granting every single Muslim in the world instant access to citizenship, you'd also consider that, and the subsequent expulsions and immigration that would result from it to be legal as well?

Please answer this fd, don't avoid it like you do in the next part of your post.

Quote:
So again, if Muslim militias begin roaming Australia's countryside, overtaking towns and expelling their inhabitants, killing many in their path, you'd consider Aussies who responded in kind to be committing a holocaust?

Sorry I keep forgetting, it is all the non-Muslims fault. Muslims would never do anything like that. They were happily minding their own business when Jewish refugees started slaughtering them. This is typical behaviour for Jews.

That doesn't even remotely answer my questions, please answer it.

I wasted my time reading the text you copied and pasted. You should have told me that you copied the irrelevant bit and that I had to go looking for the relevant info.

You should have the courtesy of reading links you yourself requested.

BTW, your original claim may well have been correct - that 98% of them were Arabs. That is, if you will allow a Jew to also be an Arab.

For sure some Jews considered themselves Arabs, and even till this day, some Jews still live in the West Bank as Palestinians.

That is not what I said Abu. I was merely pointing out that you description of what happened is completely wrong - again. Like I said, it was only when the Palestinians attempted their own holocaust that things got ugly.

So again, I'll ask you to provide us with what you think was the true description of what happened. I've posted nothing but historical facts, and provided links to them on several occasions, none of which you read. You on the other hand have posted nothing of substance at all.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #37 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 7:29pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:57pm:
Here's freediver totally not engaging in any sort of anti-islamic bigotry (see how I took out that pesky word "islamophobia" - just so you don't get distracted):

They are following Muhammed's lead.

they want to stone people to death who disagree with them

a woman in a letterbox outfit

Gandalf, I notice you had to take those quotes out of context so it was impossible to tell whether I was actually stereotyping or referring to a specific example. Try again.

Quote:
Are you honestly trying to compare the Zionist overrunning of Palestine with Australia's 4 yearly government changeovers?

Abu it was you who brought Australia into the argument. My point was that it was not a valid comparison.

Quote:
So again I'll ask you, if Muslims form militias, and expel Anglos from their towns and sieze power, you'll consider their new government legal? And if they then passed an immigration law forbidding Anglos from immigrating to Australia (even if they were born here) whilst granting every single Muslim in the world instant access to citizenship, you'd also consider that, and the subsequent expulsions and immigration that would result from it to be legal as well?

Funny how you always refuse to answer the simplest questions and demand I answer your silly ones first. You still have not explained whether your complaints about "illegal mass immigration" of Jews into Israel is a reference to Jews fleeing the holocaust. At the very least you should concede you were wrong about the topic of this thread before making demands of other people. Your little fantasies have nothing at all to do with the reality.

Quote:
You should have the courtesy of reading links you yourself requested.

So if you provide a link and a lengthy quote in response to a demand for evidence, we should automatically assume you have left the relevant bits out of the actual quote and that if we might be able to find it only if we read the whole link? That's a bit silly don't you think Abu?

Quote:
So again, I'll ask you to provide us with what you think was the true description of what happened.

Apart from a small minority of Jews fleeing the gas chambers, and perhaps the million or so that got expelled from nearby Arab Muslim countries after the formation of Israel, the immigration of jews into Israel was legal. They did not "mass illegally immigrate" then turn violent. The violence only started after the Palestinians attempted their own holocaust.

Quote:
I've posted nothing but historical facts

You have posted some facts, and some absurd spin that is completely contradicted by the facts. The quotes of yours in the opening posts are certainly not facts and have nothing at all to do with the history.
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2012 at 7:40pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #38 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 8:31pm

freediver wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 7:29pm:
Gandalf, I notice you had to take those quotes out of context so it was impossible to tell whether I was actually stereotyping or referring to a specific example. Try again.

oh yes, of course the full context of your quotes makes it completely different - so here you go...

Quote:
don't all muslims want to slaughter jews just for the hell of it?

Quote:
Not for the hell of it. They are following Muhammed's lead.

on why some people persecute muslims:
Quote:
What about because they want to stone people to death who disagree with them? This hardly sounds like a phobia to me.

Quote:
a woman in a letterbox outfit?

well lets face it, referring to a woman in a niqab in these terms is offensive and bigoted whichever context its put in.

I'm just so glad you pointed this out - of course the full context completely changes the meaning of your words - from seemingly bigoted anti-islamic diatribe, to enlightened, glowing terms, that add sooooo much to this discussion.

Quote:

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #39 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 9:12pm

You didn't answer one single point fd. Want to try and respond to that post again?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #40 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 9:17pm

Quote:
well lets face it, referring to a woman in a niqab in these terms is offensive and bigoted whichever context its put in.

Whether it is offensive is entirely up to you. For those not familiar with the Arabic terms (ie people who speak English) it is probably the best way to describe it. You should have seen Abu complain when people started using the Arabic terms incorrectly. He derailed dozens of threads by demanding people learn all the correct terminology before he would answer a few simple questions (that never got answered of course).

Quote:
on why some people persecute muslims:

Abu wants people stoned to death for lots of reasons that most rational people would find abhorrent (the reason that is, as well as the punishment). Obviously you don't as you completely miss the point. That is why I criticise him. It is not persecution gandalf. It is a perfectly legitimate target of criticism.

This thread is a perfect example Gandalf. I try to make a simple point about an obviously incorrect portrayal of history that Abu makes on a regular basis, despite being corrected nearly every time. You have nothing at all to add to the topic and try to make it about people persecuting Muslims instead.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #41 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:22pm

apparently, according to freediver, the entire muslim world revolves around Abu.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #42 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:31pm

Grin I am not allowed to criticise specific Muslims, because that is not general enough. And I am not allowed to criticise Islam in general, because that is not specific enough.

Would you be happy if I attached a few pages of fine print to every post explaining every possible qualification to my views on Islam?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #43 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 11:09pm

freediver wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:31pm:
Would you be happy if I attached a few pages of fine print to every post explaining every possible qualification to my views on Islam?

no, any sort of evidence to back up you baseless claims would do. You can start by providing evidence to support your claim that Muhammad made it his mission in life to slaughter non-muslims.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #44 - Nov 28th, 2012 at 8:24am

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 11:09pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:31pm:

no, any sort of evidence to back up you baseless claims would do. You can start by providing evidence to support your claim that Muhammad made it his mission in life to slaughter non-muslims.

Oh dear. How about we start with you quoting me making that claim. Slaughtering non-Muslims was only part of Muhammed's 'mission'. Collecting wives, including pre-pubescent ones, was another of his favourite things.

Either that or you could just stop wasting everyone's time.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print