Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Why isn't Tony allowing his MPs a conscience vote? (Read 2790 times)
TheGreenLight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Why isn't Tony allowing his MPs a conscience vote?
Nov 4th, 2012 at 1:14pm

The Coalition has always prided itself as being the party of the conscience vote. So why is now Tony not letting his party room a conscience vote? Why is he muting them, and disallow crossing the floor?

IP Logged

olde.sault
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Why isn't Tony allowing his MPs a conscience vote?
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 1:53pm

TheGreenLight wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 1:14pm:
The Coalition has always prided itself as being the party of the conscience vote. So why is now Tony not letting his party room a conscience vote? Why is he muting them, and disallow crossing the floor?

I think marriage between homosexuals is the least of the country's problems, Greenhorn.

We're billions in debt seeing that Labor's greedier sets have been living it up on what the poorer pay in taxation, the cost silly schemes (pink batts and school halls) of feeding and housing the boatpeople has also been a drag on finances and continues.

There was a time when gays were persecuted, jailed. Now they are protected, often promoted. If I were in their shoes, I'd quit while I'm ahead.

Would such a union last longer if with a marriage certificate?

From observation, I doubt it, and have witnessed unexpected savagery when a Lesbian discovered her partner's infidelity.

That particular case caused a death and a jail sentence.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 2:24pm

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 6:44pm

be fair pansie...the gutless are the ones that dont take it to an election like the CARBON TAX...thats what I call gutless.

however to try an answer the question..

Abbott say they make their policies BEFORE the election.all Liberals that are running for election agree to said policies or rules.. and one of those rules..was a big NO to gay marriage..that was decided before the election and whilst we know gillard chooses to ignore what was decided BEFORE the election... Abbott didnt....he said its what the libs signed up for..

gillard as we all know would sell her soul for a vote and thats what she has done with this..

anyone that votes for ONE thing and one thing only deserve all they get...

I can see why they are leaving the greens in droves.. and when the labor mob wake up and realise they have lost their way and are nothing like what Labor used to stand for..they too will leave in droves..

I am not gay but I do hope someone couldnt buy my vote by saying they would change the laws for a minority group...as the next thing it will be sharia law..that will also get the nod...

from a personal point of view I couldnt careless let them get married..who cares????????

I know of two hetro couples who lived together for 10 years and both sets ended up divorces within 2 years..

they couldnt explain it either..

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 6:54pm

if i have to endure one more discussion on gays and their bits of marriage paper, i'm going to personally give every one i can find the chinese treatment

http://shanghaiist.com/2010/05/01/man_in_sichuan_dies_after_friends_i.php

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 7:28pm

olde.sault wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 1:53pm:

I think marriage between homosexuals is the least of the country's problems, Greenhorn.

We're billions in debt seeing that Labor's greedier sets have been living it up on what the poorer pay in taxation, the cost silly schemes (pink batts and school halls) of feeding and housing the boatpeople has also been a drag on finances and continues.

There was a time when gays were persecuted, jailed. Now they are protected, often promoted. If I were in their shoes, I'd quit while I'm ahead.

Would such a union last longer if with a marriage certificate?

From observation, I doubt it, and have witnessed unexpected savagery when a Lesbian discovered her partner's infidelity.

That particular case caused a death and a jail sentence.

Attention seeking troll.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2012 at 8:31pm by skippy. »  

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #6 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 8:03pm

I condemn all Misogyny, hatred and aversion to women, violence against women and male child abuse...
Cool Cool

I condemn Male Violence Against Women
The Government Supports Gynocide
There Is Something Dreadfully Wrong With Men

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #7 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 9:49pm

Same reason that Adam Bandt isn't allowed to control his vote - Brown controlled it now it's Milne

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 9:50pm

Maqqa wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 9:49pm:
Same reason that Adam Bandt isn't allowed to control his vote - Brown controlled it now it's Milne

can you be a bit clearer .... what exactly is the reason for Tony not allowing a conscience vote?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 9:54pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 9:50pm:

can you be a bit clearer .... what exactly is the reason for Tony not allowing a conscience vote?

Why would he. He knows the only way to vote on this is to allow the people a referendum.

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #10 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 10:39pm

I condemn Misogyny and child sexual abuse amongst homosexuals.... Cool Cool

IP Logged

rabbitoh07
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:04pm

progressiveslol wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 9:54pm:

Why would he. He knows the only way to vote on this is to allow the people a referendum.

Why would he?  Because he is the leader of the party that is supposed to stand for personal choice.  L.I.B.E.R.A.L

we know that when we vote for a Labor representative that we vote for the Party and Party members must tow the Party line or be expelled.  that is Labor rules.

But the Liberals (supposedly) stand for the individual.  Not on Tony's watch it seems.

But we all know why.  All that lycra and hanging around with Jonesy.  I smell lavender.
Tony wants to keep the closet closed.

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:09pm

rabbitoh07 wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:04pm:

Why would he?  Because he is the leader of the party that is supposed to stand for personal choice.  L.I.B.E.R.A.L

we know that when we vote for a Labor representative that we vote for the Party and Party members must tow the Party line or be expelled.  that is Labor rules.

But the Liberals (supposedly) stand for the individual.  Not on Tony's watch it seems.

But we all know why.  All that lycra and hanging around with Jonesy.  I smell lavender.

The only way to get what you wanted, is if all pollies were independents.

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #13 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:17pm

Its irrational to try to invent arguments for why the opposition should break ranks and cross the floor to vote with the Government.  Sure the liberals could allow a conscience vote on an issue just to make you happy -anything is possible, but there is no reason why they should.  And their decision to vote as a block is obviously their conscience choice on this issue...

There is no more reason they should vote as individuals on this issue as any other and thats the bottom line...
Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

rabbitoh07
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:20pm

progressiveslol wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:09pm:
rabbitoh07 wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:04pm:

The only way to get what you wanted, is if all pollies were independents.

Yes.  I agree that Rob Oakshote, Tony Windsor, Andrew Wilkie, Tommo, Slippery Pete and Bob Katter have done an excellent job in the current Parliament.

But you have not explained why the so-called "Leader" of the Party of "individual free choice" is acting like Stalin and refusing his members the right to vote as they feel.

Why is Tony Abbott a Communist? THat whole "Great Big New Tax" he wants to bring in to pay polluters from tax-payer dollars..I means seriously...is that Communism or what?!?!?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print