Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Why isn't Tony allowing his MPs a conscience vote? (Read 2769 times)
gold_medal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Why isn't Tony allowing his MPs a conscience vote?
Reply #30 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 10:43am

TheGreenLight wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 1:14pm:
The Coalition has always prided itself as being the party of the conscience vote. So why is now Tony not letting his party room a conscience vote? Why is he muting them, and disallow crossing the floor?

when labor allows a conscienve vote on carbon tax and other matters then come back and complain. all you care about is gay marriage which next to nobody else lists as a matter of concern.

IP Logged

gold_medal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 10:47am

rabbitoh07 wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 12:22am:
progressiveslol wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:23pm:
rabbitoh07 wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:20pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:09pm:
rabbitoh07 wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:04pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 9:54pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 9:50pm:
Maqqa wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 9:49pm:
Same reason that Adam Bandt isn't allowed to control his vote - Brown controlled it now it's Milne

can you be a bit clearer .... what exactly is the reason for Tony not allowing a conscience vote?

Why would he. He knows the only way to vote on this is to allow the people a referendum.

Why would he?  Because he is the leader of the party that is supposed to stand for personal choice.  L.I.B.E.R.A.L

we know that when we vote for a Labor representative that we vote for the Party and Party members must tow the Party line or be expelled.  that is Labor rules.

But the Liberals (supposedly) stand for the individual.  Not on Tony's watch it seems.

But we all know why.  All that lycra and hanging around with Jonesy.  I smell lavender.
Tony wants to keep the closet closed.

The only way to get what you wanted, is if all pollies were independents.

Yes.  I agree that Rob Oakshote, Tony Windsor, Andrew Wilkie, Tommo, Slippery Pete and Bob Katter have done an excellent job in the current Parliament.

But you have not explained why the so-called "Leader" of the Party of "individual free choice" is acting like Stalin and refusing his members the right to vote as they feel.

Why is Tony Abbott a Communist? THat whole "Great Big New Tax" he wants to bring in to pay polluters from tax-payer dollars..I means seriously...is that Communism or what?!?!?

You should get out of Australian politics. you dont seem to have any idea of what a party does and how it votes.

The leader will do what he thinks the community wants, not what some activists demand or manipulate to look like the community wants it.

A good leader will get a referendum for the people to vote on.

Sorry Champ.  !00% wrong again. As usual.

The Australian Labor Party has rules.  A Labor member must vote with the party or be expelled.  We have known that for 100 years.

THat is the point of difference with the Liberal Party.  The Liberal Party is supposed to be the party of individuals.  A Liberal Leader demanding a vote of one of his members is apalling.

As for a referendum...WTF do you think a referendum is?!?!?

What part of the Constitution do you want changed you moron?!?!?

You really are completely clueless aren't you.

That is why you keep getting caught telling lies:
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1351811172/94#94

you dont seem to know much about the nature of party-based democracy. The Coalition also demands party loyalty - they just dont expell you for not doing it.

IP Logged

gold_medal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 10:49am

Dnarever wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:09am:
Novel idea conservatives with a conscience.

the hypocrisy is blinding... the ALP ignores community wishes, refuses to allow party dissent in parliament and you hold them up as paragons of virtue??? 

Why do you think Gillard allowed a conscience vote?? because she knew Abbott wouldnt. That way she could appear open-minded to the dimwitted while ensuring the outcome she always wanted.

Some of you are truly dumb.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #33 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 12:47pm

Why isn't Tony allowing his MPs a conscience vote (on marriage equality) ?

Because Labor HAVE
And he knows the combined result - in the Parliament - would deliver a result in heavy conflict with the Vatican

Simple as THAT !

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 12:53pm

Same reason that Adam Bandt isn't allowed to control his vote - Brown controlled it now it's Milne

can you be a bit clearer .... what exactly is the reason for Tony not allowing a conscience vote?

Why would he. He knows the only way to vote on this is to allow the people a referendum.

Why would he?  Because he is the leader of the party that is supposed to stand for personal choice.  L.I.B.E.R.A.L

we know that when we vote for a Labor representative that we vote for the Party and Party members must tow the Party line or be expelled.  that is Labor rules.

But the Liberals (supposedly) stand for the individual.  Not on Tony's watch it seems.

But we all know why.  All that lycra and hanging around with Jonesy.  I smell lavender.

Yes.  I agree that Rob Oakshote, Tony Windsor, Andrew Wilkie, Tommo, Slippery Pete and Bob Katter have done an excellent job in the current Parliament.

But you have not explained why the so-called "Leader" of the Party of "individual free choice" is acting like Stalin and refusing his members the right to vote as they feel.

Why is Tony Abbott a Communist? THat whole "Great Big New Tax" he wants to bring in to pay polluters from tax-payer dollars..I means seriously...is that Communism or what?!?!?

You should get out of Australian politics. you dont seem to have any idea of what a party does and how it votes.

The leader will do what he thinks the community wants, not what some activists demand or manipulate to look like the community wants it.

wrong again ... a popuilar leader will do what the people want ... and good leader will do whats best for the country regardless. ...... you've never made your kids take their medicine despite them arguing they didn't want it?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 1:03pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 12:53pm:

wrong again ... a popuilar leader will do what the people want ... and good leader will do whats best for the country regardless. ...... you've never made your kids take their medicine despite them arguing they didn't want it?

This is not about medicine or vegetables given to kids and it is far from an important issue. Civil unions yes, marriage no.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 1:07pm

progressiveslol wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 1:03pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 12:53pm:

This is not about medicine or vegetables given to kids and it is far from an important issue. Civil unions yes, marriage no.

the medicine was an example used to prove a point ... the argument is still the same regardless... popular does not equal good .

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #37 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 3:12pm

This issue has been dealt with dead and buried...its time to stop the mens club hogging up the parliament with their victimology and focus on real social and economic equality for women and the poor and abolishing the military.... Cool Cool

I condemn Male Violence Against Women
The Government Supports Gynocide
There Is Something Dreadfully Wrong With Men

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #38 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 5:27pm

Hey Adolf...Johnny Howard would be disappointed...have another go at the dole bludgers ya fascist head kicker... Cheesy Cheesy

I condemn Male Violence Against Women
The Government Supports Gynocide
There Is Something Dreadfully Wrong With Men

IP Logged

gold_medal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 5:41pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 12:47pm:

Because Labor HAVE
And he knows the combined result - in the Parliament - would deliver a result in heavy conflict with the Vatican

Simple as THAT !

despite the fact that media polling estimates that even with consience voting gay marriage would still fail by a significant margin.

Why not agitate for a conscience vote on carbon tax?

nah... can't have that, cant we? Might lose the vote! (no 'might' about it!)

IP Logged

olde.sault
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Nov 6th, 2012 at 10:27am

The Coalition has always prided itself as being the party of the conscience vote. So why is now Tony not letting his party room a conscience vote? Why is he muting them, and disallow crossing the floor?

You only want marriage made legitimate because it isn't. you'd probably not worry about it.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Nov 6th, 2012 at 10:45am

olde.sault wrote on Nov 6th, 2012 at 10:27am:

You only want marriage made legitimate because it isn't. you'd probably not worry about it.

LOL!!!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #42 - Nov 6th, 2012 at 6:58pm

gold_medal wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 5:41pm:
buzzanddidj wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 12:47pm:

Because Labor HAVE

Simple as THAT !

1. Despite the fact that media polling estimates that even with consience voting gay marriage would still fail by a significant margin.

2. Why not agitate for a conscience vote on carbon tax?

1. So let the conscience vote go ahead - and get the matter off the agenda

2. Because the issue of carbon pricing has EFFECT, CONSEQUENCE and REPERCUSSION on EVERYTHING - and is better left to the EXPERTS - rather than "seat savvy" politicians

Whereas the matter of same sex marriage has NO effect, consequence or effect on anyone or anything other than the small percentage of the population involved

Participation in carbon pricing outcome is COMPULSORY

Participation in same sex marriage is NOT

Matters of
equality and discrimination
should NEVER be used as political foot-balls
NOR should they be
subject to populist votes

A POX on BOTH major major parties for their participation

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #43 - Nov 6th, 2012 at 7:00pm

Because Democracy is BEING ALLOWED TO MAKE SUCH a choice??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #44 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 12:10pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Nov 6th, 2012 at 6:58pm:
Matters of
equality and discrimination
should NEVER be used as political foot-balls
NOR should they be
subject to populist votes

A POX on BOTH major major parties for their participation
[/size]

So by that notion, you would be happy for something to be introduced even though it would be against the people's wishes?

Not one for democracy then?

I have always been of the opinion that the Government is there at the will of the people and therefore works for us, not the other way around.

If the people do not want something - then it is not the way forward for a Government to completely ignore them.

The People (whether it is in line with yours or my own personal views or not) - are ALWAYS right.

PS - I do wish you would stop enlarging and coloring your font.
Its all very queer.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print