Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Why isn't Tony allowing his MPs a conscience vote? (Read 2768 times)
progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Why isn't Tony allowing his MPs a conscience vote?
Reply #15 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:23pm

rabbitoh07 wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:20pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:09pm:
rabbitoh07 wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:04pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 9:54pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 9:50pm:
Maqqa wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 9:49pm:
Same reason that Adam Bandt isn't allowed to control his vote - Brown controlled it now it's Milne

can you be a bit clearer .... what exactly is the reason for Tony not allowing a conscience vote?

Why would he. He knows the only way to vote on this is to allow the people a referendum.

Why would he?  Because he is the leader of the party that is supposed to stand for personal choice.  L.I.B.E.R.A.L

we know that when we vote for a Labor representative that we vote for the Party and Party members must tow the Party line or be expelled.  that is Labor rules.

But the Liberals (supposedly) stand for the individual.  Not on Tony's watch it seems.

But we all know why.  All that lycra and hanging around with Jonesy.  I smell lavender.
Tony wants to keep the closet closed.

The only way to get what you wanted, is if all pollies were independents.

Yes.  I agree that Rob Oakshote, Tony Windsor, Andrew Wilkie, Tommo, Slippery Pete and Bob Katter have done an excellent job in the current Parliament.

But you have not explained why the so-called "Leader" of the Party of "individual free choice" is acting like Stalin and refusing his members the right to vote as they feel.

Why is Tony Abbott a Communist? THat whole "Great Big New Tax" he wants to bring in to pay polluters from tax-payer dollars..I means seriously...is that Communism or what?!?!?

You should get out of Australian politics. you dont seem to have any idea of what a party does and how it votes.

The leader will do what he thinks the community wants, not what some activists demand or manipulate to look like the community wants it.

A good leader will get a referendum for the people to vote on.

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #16 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:24pm

There is nothing more irrational than trying top tell the Liberal Party what they should stand for if you do not even support them...thats just being deliberately mischievous... Grin Grin

I condemn Male Violence Against Women
The Government Supports Gynocide
There Is Something Dreadfully Wrong With Men

IP Logged

rabbitoh07
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 12:22am

progressiveslol wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 11:23pm:
Same reason that Adam Bandt isn't allowed to control his vote - Brown controlled it now it's Milne

can you be a bit clearer .... what exactly is the reason for Tony not allowing a conscience vote?

Why would he. He knows the only way to vote on this is to allow the people a referendum.

Why would he?  Because he is the leader of the party that is supposed to stand for personal choice.  L.I.B.E.R.A.L

we know that when we vote for a Labor representative that we vote for the Party and Party members must tow the Party line or be expelled.  that is Labor rules.

But the Liberals (supposedly) stand for the individual.  Not on Tony's watch it seems.

But we all know why.  All that lycra and hanging around with Jonesy.  I smell lavender.

Yes.  I agree that Rob Oakshote, Tony Windsor, Andrew Wilkie, Tommo, Slippery Pete and Bob Katter have done an excellent job in the current Parliament.

But you have not explained why the so-called "Leader" of the Party of "individual free choice" is acting like Stalin and refusing his members the right to vote as they feel.

Why is Tony Abbott a Communist? THat whole "Great Big New Tax" he wants to bring in to pay polluters from tax-payer dollars..I means seriously...is that Communism or what?!?!?

You should get out of Australian politics. you dont seem to have any idea of what a party does and how it votes.

The leader will do what he thinks the community wants, not what some activists demand or manipulate to look like the community wants it.

Sorry Champ.  !00% wrong again. As usual.

The Australian Labor Party has rules.  A Labor member must vote with the party or be expelled.  We have known that for 100 years.

THat is the point of difference with the Liberal Party.  The Liberal Party is supposed to be the party of individuals.  A Liberal Leader demanding a vote of one of his members is apalling.

As for a referendum...WTF do you think a referendum is?!?!?

What part of the Constitution do you want changed you moron?!?!?

You really are completely clueless aren't you.

That is why you keep getting caught telling lies:
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1351811172/94#94

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #18 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 4:11am

He isnt allowing a conscience vote because he knows he would lose.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 5:24am

rabbitoh07 wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 12:22am:

The Australian Labor Party has rules.  A Labor member must vote with the party or be expelled.  We have known that for 100 years.

THat is the point of difference with the Liberal Party.  The Liberal Party is supposed to be the party of individuals.  A Liberal Leader demanding a vote of one of his members is apalling.

A plebiscite would be the correct word to use. As I have heard Abbott in the past, he states that MP's are free to cross the floor without fear of being expelled and a reminder that the party pre-election declaration on marriage.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #20 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:09am

Novel idea conservatives with a conscience.

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #21 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:14am

This issue is dead and buried...rthe parliament voted on it against the popular will and it still got defeated.  You don't want to test your propaganda at a referendum and you wont even accept that verdict as final.  Your answer was a big fat no... Tongue Tongue

I condemn Male Violence Against Women
The Government Supports Gynocide
There Is Something Dreadfully Wrong With Men

IP Logged

olde.sault
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:38am

rabbitoh07 wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 12:22am:

Why should those, other than Gays, care about if they are married or not?

Even the more intelligent gays realise, that in the scheme of things, what does a marriage certificate matter these days?

Would it make their bedroom antics more acceptable?

I'm sure that a solicitor would write a document whereupon, a bereaved Gay would inherit his deceased partner's possessions.

There is enough bullying in schools without inflicting more nourishment to teasing such as having two fathers or two mothers.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:43am

how does he know? the people elected the MP's as their representatives ... he should let them represent the people and not try to hold them to his religious beliefs .....

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:44am

olde.sault wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:38am:

Why should those, other than Gays, care about if they are married or not?

and yet you care enough to object to it .....

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #25 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:49am

If democracy worked the way it was suppose to work all politicians would vote on any legislation, don't matter if they are liberals, labor, greens or any thing else would vote the way their constituent wanted not on what their political party wanted. The constituent put them into parliament not the political parties, yes the political parties might of help but it comes down to who the constituents voted for.

Also if the constitution work the way it was set up to work all Senators should vote for what is best for their State

'The worst Labor Government is always better then the best Liberal government for Australians workers'
IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:52am

John S wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:49am:
If democracy worked the way it was suppose to work all politicians would vote on any legislation, don't matter if they are liberals, labor, greens or any thing else would vote the way their constituent wanted not on what their political party wanted. The constituent put them into parliament not the political parties, yes the political parties might of help but it comes down to who the constituents voted for.

Also if the constitution work the way it was set up to work all Senators should vote for what is best for their State

At the same time, when someone says 'there will be no carbon tax' before an election, then there will be no carbon tax after the election.

Same goes for what the party stands for. Marriage is between a man and a woman and not only that, it stands for families of the creation of.

Bit hard to vote for gay marriage when you were happy enough to be in the party during an election when their stance on gay marriage was a big fat no.

IP Logged

sexy_beast
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 10:12am

Because the Coalition took a policy of no gay marriage to the election. Just because Labor breaks promises it doesn't mean that the Coalition should also. The coalition does allow freelamcimg unlike Labor where you have to toe the party line otherwise be kicked out. What a great and democratic party they are.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 10:15am

progressiveslol wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:52am:

At the same time, when someone says 'there will be no carbon tax' before an election, then there will be no carbon tax after the election.

Same goes for what the party stands for. Marriage is between a man and a woman and not only that, it stands for families of the creation of.

Bit hard to vote for gay marriage when you were happy enough to be in the party during an election when their stance on gay marriage was a big fat no.

Its for that reason I have no respect for Penny Wong on the issue.

Leading up to the election she said she supported the ALP's position on no to gay marriage, then became the "poster boy" for it.

She should have just said the ALP's position was No and that was it.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

sexy_beast
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 10:24am

Verge wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 10:15am:
progressiveslol wrote on Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:52am:

Its for that reason I have no respect for Penny Wong on the issue.

Leading up to the election she said she supported the ALP's position on no to gay marriage, then became the "poster boy" for it.

She should have just said the ALP's position was No and that was it.

Wong is the quintessential Labor mouth-piece. She always goes with the flow'and has no backbone.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print