Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Most Cancer IS Preventable, BUT...... (Read 2714 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Most Cancer IS Preventable, BUT......
Nov 3rd, 2012 at 7:24pm

'Most Cancer IS Preventable,' BUT......'most cancer research is largely a fraud'......'in our culture treating disease is enormously profitable, preventing it is not.'

Quote:

Cancer Research - A Super Fraud?

by Robert Ryan, B.Sc.

"Everyone should know that most cancer research is largely a fraud and that the major cancer research organisations are derelict in their duties to the people who support them." - Linus Pauling PhD (Two-time Nobel Prize winner).

Have you ever wondered why, despite the billions of dollars spent on cancer research over many decades, and the constant promise of a cure which is forever "just around the corner", cancer continues to increase?

Cancer Is Increasing

Once quite rare, cancer is now the second major cause of death in Western countries such as Australia, the U.S.A. and the United Kingdom. In the early 1940s cancer accounted for 12% of Australian deaths. (1) By 1992 this figure had climbed to 25.9% of Australian deaths. (2) The increasing trend of cancer deaths and incidence is typical of most Western nations. It has been said that this increase in cancer is just due to the fact that people now live longer than their ancestors did, and that therefore the increase of cancer is merely due to the fact that more people are living to be older and thereby have a greater chance of contracting cancer. However, this argument is disproved by the fact that cancer is also increasing in younger age groups, as well as by the findings of numerous population studies which have linked various life-style factors of particular cultures to the particular forms of cancer that are predominant there.

The Orthodox "War on Cancer" Has Failed

"My overall assessment is that the national cancer programme must be judged a qualified failure" Dr. John Bailer, who spent 20 years on the staff of the U.S. National Cancer Institute and was editor of its journal. (3) Dr. Bailer also says: "The five year survival statistics of the American Cancer Society are very misleading. They now count things that are not cancer, and, because we are able to diagnose at an earlier stage of the disease, patients falsely appear to live longer. Our whole cancer research in the past 20 years has been a total failure. More people over 30 are dying from cancer than ever before . . . More women with mild or benign diseases are being included in statistics and reported as being 'cured'. When government officials point to survival figures and say they are winning the war against cancer they are using those survival rates improperly."

A 1986 report in the New England Journal of Medicine assessed progress against cancer in the United States during the years 1950 to 1982. Despite progress against some rare forms of cancer, which account for 1 to 2 per cent of total deaths caused by the disease, the report found that the overall death rate had increased substantially since 1950: "The main conclusion we draw is that some 35 years of intense effort focussed largely on improving treatment must be judged a qualified failure." The report further concluded that ". . . we are losing the war against cancer" and argued for a shift in emphasis towards prevention if there is to be substantial progress. (4)

Most Cancer IS Preventable

According to the International Agency for Research in Cancer "...80-90 per cent of human cancer is determined environmentally and thus theoretically avoidable." (5) Environmental causes of cancer include lifestyle factors such as smoking, a diet high in animal products and low in fresh fruit & vegetables, excessive exposure to sunlight, food additives, alcohol, workplace hazards, pollution, electromagnetic radiation, and even certain pharmaceutical drugs and medical procedures. But unfortunately, as expressed by medical historian Hans Ruesch, "Despite the general recognition that 85 per cent of all cancers is caused by environmental influences, less than 10 per cent of the (U.S.) National Cancer Institute budget is given to environmental causes. And despite the recognition that the majority of environmental causes are linked to nutrition, less than 1 per cent of the National Cancer Institute budget is devoted to nutrition studies. And even that small amount had to be forced on the Institute by a special amendment of the National Cancer Act in 1974." (6)

Prevention - Not Profitable to Industry

According to Dr. Robert Sharpe, " . . . in our culture treating disease is enormously profitable, preventing it is not. In 1985 the U.S., Western Europe and Japanese market in cancer therapies was estimated at over 3.2 billion pounds with the 'market' showing a steady annual rise of 10 per cent over the past five years. Preventing the disease benefits no one except the patient. Just as the drug industry thrives on the 'pill for every ill' mentality, so many of the leading medical charities are financially sustained by the dream of a miracle cure, just around the corner." (7).......................

http://www.pnc.com.au/~cafmr/online/research/cancer.html

Cancer, imo, is the disease of overindulgence.
Yadda - a layman's view

Want to avoid cancer ?

1/ Try to engage in a moderate amount of exercise every day.
2/ As much as you can, avoid processed foods.
3/ As much as you can, avoid cooked foods.
4/ Don't overeat.

Google;
disease, "the pathogen is nothing; the terrain is everything"

Quote:

Infection or cancer, cannot take hold and spread in vital, healthy flesh.
We remain healthy while our body remains vital and 'clean'.
We remain healthy while our body has the capacity to cleanse itself of the toxins produced by the processes that occur within a living organism.
Infection and cancer, take hold in a 'polluted' body ['polluted' usually due to overconsumption].
Infection and cancer will kill the host, when a body no longer has the capacity to cleanse itself of those toxins produced by the processes that occur within a living organism.

I would also encourage all, to read this book [below] by J. H. Tilden [available as a PDF file, free, online]....

"The proper way to study disease is to study health and every influence favorable or not to its continuance...
That I have discovered the true cause of disease cannot be successfully disputed."

TOXEMIA EXPLAINED - J. H. Tilden  1926
    Read this book, and find the path to health.
    To find this book, Google this;

"TOXEMIA EXPLAINED" pdf

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Most Cancer IS Preventable, BUT......
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 8:10am

People who get cancer don't pray hard enough.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 9:23pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 at 8:10am:
People who get cancer don't pray hard enough.

Then some people obviously need to pray much harder !         Tongue

Cancer and infection [and 'congestion'] are consequences.

Cancer and infection [and 'congestion'] are 'effects'.

But most people, most human beings,           just love to believe ['this world' has taught them to believe]           that if they can just find some way to suppress the symptoms [the 'effect'] of some cause,            then they can and have, magically bypassed personal responsibility for their previous poor choices.

Matthew 13:12
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

God, is clever.     !!

But are we ?

End of sermon.

This thread should be in the    Health and Welfare     board, but i don't know how to do that.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 10:03am

Yadda wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 9:23pm:
This thread should be in the    Health and Welfare     board, but i don't know how to do that.

No it shouldn't, it belongs in the fringe or the spirituality board.
There is nothing scientific about the garbage that you have posted

Yadda wrote on Nov 3rd, 2012 at 7:24pm:
Cancer, imo, is the disease of overindulgence.
Yadda - a layman's view

Want to avoid cancer ?

1/ Try to engage in a moderate amount of exercise every day.
2/ As much as you can, avoid processed foods.
3/ As much as you can, avoid cooked foods.
4/ Don't overeat.

This sort of nonsense is what you get when a gullible religious nutter who knows nothing about science tries to explain something that he knows nothing about

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 10:56am

Quote:

This sort of nonsense is what you get when a gullible religious nutter who knows nothing about science tries to explain something that he knows nothing about

It is easy to imagine a thing, if we have already experienced it.

e.g.
The cleansing taste of an apple.
The pleasurable taste of chocolate.
The pleasure we experience, from anothers caring touch.
A flight in a light aircraft over a familiar landscape.
A walk on a path within a dense forest.
A hot, pleasurable, cleansing bath.

To imagine, [even the existence of] something which we have not yet experienced is infinitely more difficult.

Impossible, to imagine, for some.

e.g.
'A new world', across an ocean,       .....beyond our horizon.

p.s.
i do not use 'recreational drugs'.         Smiley
why would i ?
i'm not trying to avoid, confronting reality.

'science' indeed!

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 11:16am

Yadda wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 10:56am:

p.s.
i do not use 'recreational drugs'.         Smiley
why would i ?
i'm not trying to avoid, confronting reality.

'science' indeed!

Google;
science fraud, dishonesty

Scientists, are but 'the high priests', of another type of church.

"He that serves God for money, will serve the Devil for better wages."
- Sir Roger L’Estrange

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 11:52am

Yadda wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 11:16am:
Scientists, are but 'the high priests', of another type of church.

Wrong again Yadda,
Science requires proof and evidence, and science can change it's mind once new proof and evidence becomes available. That is something that religion never does.

As for cancer: some of the nicest people you would ever meet have died young because of cancer while some of the worlds most evil people have lived long healthy lives and died of old age.
What does your God have to say about that?

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 12:02pm

Absolute drivel Yadda, and this is coming from someone who did cancer research.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 7:56am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 12:02pm:

Absolute drivel Yadda,

and this is coming from someone who did cancer research.

Oh i see.

You, 'did cancer research'.

To my ear, persons with your perspective would argue, [e.g. that in the case of people who suffer cancer] that if we 'happen to' pollute a natural environment, that;
What was [almost] pristine, can be returned to an almost pristine condition again,            if we will just buy a pill, or some 'medicine',            from you, or from a global medical conglomerate whom you are associated with.

I that your position ?

FACT;
Many medications and prescription drugs 'work' [they ameliorate many of the symptoms of sicknesses/dis-ease], because they have some toxic component.        [and the same applies to many 'treatments' for the 'different' cancers which individuals suffer from]

And think about it, [instead of being encouraged to make good life choices, so as to avoid the causes of many sicknesses] we have been [in effect] 'trained' by doctors and by the pharmaceutical industry to take [expensive, and 'exotic', and often toxic] prescription drugs, to treat the consequences [i.e. the SYMPTOMS] of our poor life choices.

Quote:

DEFINITION of Toxemia and crises of Toxemia:--

In the process of tissue building--metabolism--there is cell building [anabolism], and cell destruction [catabolism].

The broken down tissue is toxic and in health--when nerve energy is normal--it is eliminated from the blood as fast as evolved.

When nerve energy is dissipated, from any cause--physical or mental excitement or bad habits--the body becomes enervated, when enervated, elimination is checked, causing a retention of toxin in the blood or Toxemia.

This accumulation of toxin when once established will continue until nerve energy is restored by removing the causes.

So-called disease is nature's effort at eliminating the toxin from the blood.

All so-called diseases are crises of Toxemia.

J.  H.  TILDEN

Google...
"TOXEMIA EXPLAINED" pdf

[i am no doctor]
My own advice to people, generally, would be as much as possible, avoid prescription drugs.

Most prescription drugs 'work' because they have some toxic component.

And think about it, most medications 'work' [i.e. the people who take them, believe that they are efficacious] because they suppress the       SYMPTOMS       of a dis-ease.

Duh!

I am just a layman, not a doctor, but i believe that we could avoid perhaps 95% of medical problems,
         and immeasurably improve our general health,          by making better choices, particularly, in what we choose to consume.

How?

Simple [but difficult to convince people to do!  : )  ],
...and this would not be popular with the food industry nor with global medical conglomerates,

* as much as possible avoid processed foods,
    * as much as possible avoid cooked foods,
    * as much as possible avoid prescription drugs.

As much as possible, we should avoid prescription drugs, because their toxicity [in the body] will weaken our immune system.

I believe, yes, i have a 'belief' [NOT 'scientific' proof], that the principle reason why people experience sickness [e.g. influenza] and dis-ease, is because they have bad [unclean] blood, and a weakened immune system.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 12:45pm

oh good a belief i can ignore then

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 1:00pm

Yadda wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 7:56am:
I believe, yes, i have a 'belief' [NOT 'scientific' proof], that the principle reason why people experience sickness [e.g. influenza] and dis-ease, is because they have bad [unclean] blood, and a weakened immune system.

Diseases are caused by Viruses and Bacteria and can be transmitted from one person to another.
This is basic human knowledge since the 19th century.
Medicine is designed to kill the virus or bacteria that causes the disease.

Your belief in "bad blood" is actually a thoroughly discredited medieval practice 

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #11 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 1:06pm

Oh well, other idiots see both poles melting and say “Ice Age!”

Human stupidity, human avoidance of threatening facts is pretty rampant. the human condition I suppose.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 1:35pm

Cancer comes from the same thing that drives evolution.

Random cell mutations.

IBI

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #13 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:55am

Gordon wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 1:35pm:

Random cell mutations.

I'm not going to challenge that statement.

But i would ask these questions;

Do you believe that factors in our 'environment' [our 'environment' being, our immediate environment, and, the state of the 'environment' within our own bodies] have little, or no real influence, on the likelihood to tendency, of the presence of 'cancer' and/or infections present within our body ?

Dictionary;
factor = = a circumstance, fact, or influence that contributes to a result.      a gene that determines a hereditary characteristic.

Do you believe that eating a 'polluting' food, or drinking 'polluted' water, or breathing 'polluted' air [no matter how infinitesimally small the polluting factor may be],       that those actions are unlikely to be detrimental, in any 'significant' way, to our good health and general well being ?

Do you believe that, [medical practitioners] after having identified specific cancers present within our body,         that introducing toxic substances [chemicals] into our body [in order to target those specific cancers present within our body],             will not be detrimental to our health and will not be detrimental to the 'well being' of the 'environment' within our own bodies, AND, will not be harmful to our own immune system ?

[our immune system could be likened our body's own private, highly efficient, internal 'defence force']

Finally, i believe that ['in good health'] our own body has a very powerful capacity, to both remove the 'polluting' factors from within our body, AND, to 'retire' and break up and remove old damaged/'polluted' cells, and to grow new healthy cells.

But, that cleansing of the 'environment', and that repair/renewal/regeneration of cells within our body, can only occur efficiently, if the environment within our body is not being overwhelmed with new 'polluting' factors which are being introduced into that 'environment', within our body.

I believe that Dr J. H. Tilden got it right.

The body heals itself.

....if the systems of cleansing and repair within our body are not so damaged [by years of abuse], that the process of repair is now, not possible.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #14 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 2:04pm

Its multifactorial Yadda.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #15 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 8:02am

Gordon wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 1:35pm:

Random cell mutations.

Most mutations are harmful and mutations certainly do not drive evolution!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #16 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 8:09am

Breast cancer is not environmental, it is genetic.

Leiomyosarcoma, cancer of the smooth muscle is not environmental. It is a vicious cancer that can strike anywhere. The uterus and bladder are smooth muscle but so are the walls of our veins and arteries. Leiomyosarcoma generally does not respond to treatment and tends to recur if surgically removed. An employee of mine died from it, horrible.

Don’t talk so bloody glibly about cancer!

Smoking does cause cancer yes. How many of the right wing members here supported Gillard and Roxon’s Plain Packaging legislation?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 9:32am

Agreed processed foods are bad.  And certainly do not overheat things.  But avoid cooked foods?  I am not sure if this is sound advice.  The process of cook kills a lot of bacteria, viruses and fungi.  If anything, persistent consumption of raw food would lead to more illness and possible cancer.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #18 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 10:01am

Quote:
The process of cooking kills bacteria, viruses and fungi.  If anything, persistent consumption of raw food would lead to more illness and possible cancer.

Yes, we should cook, and thereby sterilize, everything we eat, then we will know that it is safe to eat.

How clever modern, civilised men have become!!!

Just look at how much modern man has accomplished with our scientific advances and our technology!!!!

Soon, we will be travelling to the stars, and colonizing new planets.       !!!!!!

A FACT FROM HISTORY;
Inuit natives helped some early Arctic explorers [who were lost], and provided them with food [seal meat].

The European explorers wanted to cook the meat.

But the Inuit natives indicated to the explorers that if they ate only cooked seal meat, they would become sick.

Why would they become sick?

European scientists later discovered that the enzymes in the raw meat [destroyed by cooking] greatly helped [Inuit natives] in the digestion of the seal meat.

Without the natural enzymes in the raw meat [that would be destroyed by cooking], the eaten meat would putrefy in the gut!

Inuit natives already 'knew' this.

But the 'clever', educated, Europeans did not.

Men are so clever.

Especially, those who are guided by modern scientific discoveries.

/sarc off

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #19 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 10:25am

Yadda wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:55am:
Do you believe that factors in our 'environment' [our 'environment' being, our immediate environment, and, the state of the 'environment' within our own bodies] have little, or no real influence, on the likelihood to tendency, of the presence of 'cancer' and/or infections present within our body ?

Infections - are caused by viruses and bacteria. By far the greatest risk factor in catching an infection is coming into contact with the virus or bacteria.

cancer - is caused by mutating cells. By far the greatest risk factor with cancer is age. 60% of cancer sufferers are 65 or older.

You have to remember Yadda that at the start of the 19th century, before modern medicine was discovered, peoples average life expectancy was only 40 years. People simply didn't live long enough to acquire cancer.
A scratch could become infected and it would kill you
Infant mortality was around 20% at the start of the 19th century, it is now less than 5%

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #20 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 10:38am

Yadda wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 10:01am:
A FACT FROM HISTORY;
Inuit natives helped some early Arctic explorers [who were lost], and provided them with food [seal meat].

The European explorers wanted to cook the meat.

But the Inuit natives indicated to the explorers that if they ate only cooked seal meat, they would become sick.

Why would they become sick?

European scientists later discovered that the enzymes in the raw meat [destroyed by cooking] greatly helped [Inuit natives] in the digestion of the seal meat.

Without the natural enzymes in the raw meat [that would be destroyed by cooking], the eaten meat would putrefy in the gut!

Inuit natives already 'knew' this.

But the 'clever', educated, Europeans did not.

Absolute nonsense Yadda
A seal is a mammal, just like a cow, sheep or pig is a mammal.
There is no reason that cooked seal meat couldn't be digested. The Inuit do eat raw seal meat as a cultural practice but eating cooked seal meat will not make you sick.

Ticleandrose is correct  Raw meat carries a greater risk of parasites and bacteria and should be avoided.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #21 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 1:56pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 10:38am:
Absolute nonsense Yadda
There is no reason that cooked seal meat couldn't be digested.

The Inuit do eat raw seal meat as a cultural practice but eating cooked seal meat will not make you sick.

......so long as we have an 'appropriate' bacterial environment in our gut.

People who do NOT have a 'healthy' bacterial environment in their gut [sufficient to 'properly' digest the contents of the gut] could very easily, become very 'ill',      ....imo.

Ticleandrose is correct  Raw meat carries a greater risk of parasites and bacteria and should be avoided.

I can assure you, that i will not be eating raw meat.            Smiley

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #22 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 1:59pm

Yadda wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 1:56pm:
Absolute nonsense Yadda

The Inuit do eat raw seal meat as a cultural practice but eating cooked seal meat will not make you sick.

People who do NOT have a 'healthy' bacterial environment in their gut [sufficient to 'properly' digest the contents of the gut] could very easily, become very 'ill',      ....imo.

This kind of ignores actual digestion. By the time it reaches the area of our "gut" where bacteria reside, all the digestion of fats/carbs and proteins has already taken place.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #23 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:35pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 1:59pm:
Yadda wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 1:56pm:
Absolute nonsense Yadda

This kind of ignores actual digestion. By the time it reaches the area of our "gut" where bacteria reside, all the digestion of fats/carbs and proteins has already taken place.

It was my understanding that colonies of bacteria [which can be colonies of either 'good' or 'bad' bacteria types] reside within the whole of the alimentary canal,   not just within the gut.

Whether those colonies of bacteria are predominantly beneficial to us or are predominantly harmful to us, depends upon their character/function, and, the numbers present, in those colonies.

Dictionary;
alimentary canal = = the whole passage along which food passes through the body from mouth to anus during digestion.

Q.
Do you think that the nature of the colonies of bacteria that reside within our body, can determine whether our immune system is strong and healthy, or, weak ?

I believe that, that is the case.

Q.
Do you believe, can you believe, that it would be, to our benefit [i.e. beneficial to our good health] to try to eat foods which will tend to provide a friendly environment to those particular types of colonies of bacteria, which are most beneficial to our good health ?

Or, do you think that it would be most beneficial to simply eat, what we like to eat the most,      and then, later, to 'take a pill', if we are suffering from 'indigestion' ?       Smiley

i.e.
take a pill that will 'sort out' in quick order, those unfriendly bacteria in our stomach.       Grin

« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:45pm by Yadda »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #24 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:42pm

The small intestine should have very few amounts of bacteria, in comparison to the large intestine.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #25 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:43pm

Dictionary;
alimentary canal = = the whole passage along which food passes through the body from mouth to anus during digestion.

P.S. i know what it means. Its just an old term.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #26 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:50pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:43pm:
Dictionary;

Oh it can't be very important then.

Quote:

By the time it reaches the area of our "gut" where bacteria reside, all the digestion of fats/carbs and proteins has already taken place.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #27 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:51pm

Yadda wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:50pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:43pm:
Dictionary;

Oh it can't be very important then.

Quote:

By the time it reaches the area of our "gut" where bacteria reside, all the digestion of fats/carbs and proteins has already taken place.

What does the Bible say?

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #28 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 3:00pm

Yadda wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:35pm:
Q.
Do you think that the nature of the colonies of bacteria that reside within our body, can determine whether our immune system is strong and healthy, or, weak ?

Q.
Do you believe, can you believe, that it would be, to our benefit [i.e. beneficial to our good health] to try to eat foods which will tend to provide a friendly environment to those particular types of colonies of bacteria, which are most beneficial to our good health ?

Or, do you think that it would be most beneficial to simply eat, what we like to eat the most,      and then, later, to 'take a pill', if we are suffering from 'indigestion' ?       Smiley

i.e.
take a pill that will 'sort out' in quick order, those unfriendly bacteria in our stomach.       Grin

A well balanced diet is of course good for your overall health and in general terms  a healthy immune system is also beneficial.

BUT. A well balanced diet will not STOP you getting cancer, it will also not STOP you getting a bacterial or viral infection.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #29 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 3:03pm

Quote:

What does the Bible say?

The bible says;

"Ill health to all who spit in Gods face."

Smiley

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #30 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 3:09pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 3:00pm:
Yadda wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:35pm:
Q.

Q.

i.e.

A well balanced diet is of course good for your overall health and in general terms  a healthy immune system is also beneficial.

BUT. A well balanced diet will
1/ not STOP you getting cancer, it will also
2/ not STOP you getting a bacterial or viral infection.

No ?

Ha Ha.

But a super strong immune system can, and will though!

Both #1, and #2

Yadda wrote on Jul 15th, 2012 at 1:37am:

I don't get sick.

Each winter, when my neighbours get colds and influenza, i don't

Why not ?

Because my immune system is strong [.....i would suppose].

70%-90% of my diet is uncooked, and unprocessed foods.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #31 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 9:38pm

Yadda wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 3:09pm:
No ?

Ha Ha.

But a super strong immune system can, and will though!

Both #1, and #2

I don't get sick.

Why not ?

Having a healthy diet doesn't make your immune system "super strong". It merely makes it normal. You would still catch a disease that you haven't been immunised against and it could still kill you.

I would suggest that the reason you don't get colds or the flu is that no one would get close enough to you to pass on the infection.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #32 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 11:22pm

I don't get sick.

Why not ?

The_Barnacle wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 9:38pm:

Having a healthy diet doesn't make your immune system "super strong".

It merely makes it normal.

I don't eat a 'healthy' or a 'normal' [modern, 'Western'] diet.

I still eat chocolate occasionally, fish and chips as a treat, and such.

I still [occasionally] eat many things, but most of the time, my diet is uncooked, and unprocessed foods.      fruit, veggies, nuts, with a few natural condiments [e.g. cider vinegar].

While i was growing up, i ate a 'healthy', modern, 'Western' diet, and i used to 'regularly' get colds and flu.        ...and hay fever!!!

But i have not had a cold or the 'flu' [nor any hay fever], not for many years.

And, i'm 'old'.          Wink

60+ years, old.

You would still catch a disease that you haven't been immunised against and it could still kill you.

Wrong, imo.

Whether i would become infected and unwell, imo, would definitely depend upon how virulent any particular disease that i was exposed to, was.

Open your mind to new ideas, new opinions!

Google;
disease, "the pathogen is nothing; the terrain is everything"

I would suggest that the reason you don't get colds or the flu is that no one would get close enough to you to pass on the infection.

LOL

You could be right!         Grin         Grin

.....nah, i have enough close contact with my neighbours, friends, and ppl in town.

e.g.
I use a shopping trolly in the local supermarket!

Can you imagine how many pathogens and 'contaminants' would usually be on the handles of supermarket shopping trolly's !!!

Eeewh !!!!       hehe

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print