Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20
Send Topic Print
Muslim unemployment rates in Australia (Read 54655 times)
Big Dave
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslim unemployment rates in Australia
Reply #225 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 6:39pm

warrigal wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 6:37pm:
Well then fix the problem you ignorant bugger Big dave.

NO!!! This is something that's going to be around for a long time so you better all get used to it. LEBBOCRIME4EVA!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

warrigal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #226 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 6:40pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 15th, 2012 at 8:41pm:
Why do muslims have higher unemployment rates Abu,can you give us your thoughts on this

Quote:
In 2006, only 57% of muslim males were employed.
The unemployment rate for muslim males was more than double that of the total population of working age.

The labor force experience of muslim females was even more divergent since almost two thirds of muslim women 63.3% were not in the labor force
Muslim women experienced a much higher rate of unemployment at over 15.1% compared to 5.3% for the total female population.
This study also shows muslim women born in Australia have a much higher employment rate compared to muslim women born overseas

Labor force status 2006-
Muslim males
Employed- 69,931
Unemployed- 10,081
Not in labor force -42,075

Muslim females
Employed- 34,310
Unemployed -6083
Not in Labor force- 69,599

Total
Employed- 104,241
Unemployed- 16,164
Not in labor force-111,674

The study is of those of working age, those who are not in the labor force would be on a disability pension or a self funded retiree.

Source-http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/research/_pdf/muslim-jobseekers.pdf

So you automaticlly asume that every muslim not working is their fore on unemployments benifits, centrelink income or pensions.

There not they come to this country with wealth and money.

Running their busnesses, and making money , their youth are only a problem because they havn;t been given a chance to work in their comunity businesses as yet.
They haven't made enough money yet to give the siblings work.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2013 at 6:45pm by warrigal »  

If you can create a big enough lie about someone IGNORANT people will bellieve it.

The bigger the Arshole you are on this forum, the more right you have to stay.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #227 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 7:04pm

you got any evidence for that warrigal?

Traditionally (and I assume its still the same today), muslim unemployed have been overrepresented by the Lebanese community - especially in western Sydney. These migrants came over during Fraser's humanitarian program in the late 1970s - and they were overwhelmingly *NOT* business owners, but uneducated and unskilled labourers. Unfortunately for them, they arrived in Australia at a time when our manufacturing sector was contracting, and demand for unskilled manual workers simply wasn't there. So that was the first generation. Unfortunately, as is nearly always the case for these sorts of things, their cycle of unemployment and despair was passed on to the next generation (and in fact studies have demonstrated that the situation for the 2nd generation has been even worse).

So no, we are not talking about rich entrepreneurs who are simply waiting for the startup capital to return dividends (the Lebanese entrepreneurs were overwhelmingly from the Christian communities) - these are people who have been in a desperate cycle of unemployment, poverty - and yes crime - for over 30 years.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #228 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 8:22pm

Big Dave wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 5:12pm:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 4:53pm:
Big Dave wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 2:55pm:
I don't think "off the rails" islamic youth is essentially a westie problem. They seem to be robbing the shite out of the wealthier suburbs. You can ignore it all you want. They won't embrace "OUR" system and thus are poorly educated. But still want what everybody has except they don't want to work for it. That's why so many muslim lebanese youth are into crime.

Are sweeping generalisations all you have to offer? Every university campus I've been to has a sizeable, visible Muslim population. There are so many Muslims in Australia that are wonderful contributors to our society - they're certainly over-represented in medicine. Focusing on the criminal element is extremely narrow-minded.
  My pussy was directed at "off the rails islamic youth.

Ah, my frien, my pussy is directed at anything which move. She is so hungree!

Muslim youth, Carribeans, Germans, Chows - even pincer - it is best you give them lovey treats to eat. They love this, frien, habibi, angel, Charlie Chan.

You are a good man, yes?

Give your pussy a little pat and she will.always come to you, isn’t it.

Gud loves all souls, it is so.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #229 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 8:43pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 3rd, 2013 at 8:46am:
I can't think of any area of human knowledge and philosophy whose pursuit is blocked by the doctrine of islam.

Think of the critical examination of Islam - and bingo! You are blocked.

Is it all coming back to you now? Or are you still in the dark, unable to think your way around the clash of free enquiry and Islam?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #230 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 8:51pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 5th, 2013 at 2:16pm:
Well, that's a relief - I'm glad it's not a postmodern analysis anymore.

What ideological values were the Crimean war fought over? The Russo-Japanese war? The Boer war? The Opium war? The War To End All Wars?

Troy? The Greeks vs Persia? Ottomans vs Christendom? Tartars vs everyone? Constantinople vs Arab invaders? India vs Arab invaders? The Spanish civil war? WWII?  All about access to gay marriage, no doubt.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #231 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 8:55pm

Blocked, old chap? Thinking of the examination?

Please don’t. There are no right or wrong answers, rest assured. You just relax and say what’s on your mind.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #232 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 9:19pm

Karnal:

Quote:
Quite. The exploitation of the ubermenschen for the war effort is just one example.

The extermination of said underlings another.

Shurely shome mishtake, eh?

No Karnal. Hitler outdid Muhammed in other areas. He certainly slaughtered more Jews. Muhammed was very disorganised in that regard.

Quote:
Think - Nazism was tribalism in jackboots. Teutonic ritual in military formation. It was a modern eugenic movement borrowing from the past. It was centralized, systematic and hi-tech. Nazism was the essence of the modern corporate state.

What makes you think Islam was any different in Muhammed's time? If Hitler had been anywhere near as successful in establishing his version of the Caliphate, his predecessors would have easily turned his dogma into religion. The seeds are certainly there.

Quote:
Perhaps the more fundamentalist schools of Islam share this with Nazism through external jihad.

There are plenty of parallels.

Quote:
Their's is a "spiritual" battle. For the Nazis, the battle was social and racial

Hitler had some funny spiritual ideas.

Quote:
But as movements, they share very little in terms of objectives or world views.

Except of course for the whole 'thousand year reich' thing. The Muslims also do supremacy, they just base it on religion rather than race.

Gandalf:

Quote:
Muslims don't "cling" to this - as if its the only thing muslims can point to. Muslims "cling" to things a bit more concrete - like their contribution to maths, physics, medicine and the development of the scientific method as we know it today. Actually, I'd only heard about this interesting bit of trivia when you mentioned it - but I'd certainly heard of all the other things I mentioned - and its invariably these things that you'll hear mentioned when people (muslims as well as non-muslims) talk about islam's contribution to science.

Could you give a few examples that you think should be added to this list?

http://www.ozpolitic.com/evolution/christian-foundation-science.html

Quote:
lol - ok FD, if you *STILL* can't figure out the difference between actual historical processes using actual documented evidence and the dog's breakfast attempt at referencing in your wiki page, then there's not much hope for you

Are you denying that the only evidence for this claim spanning 700 years is from the reference in a poem?

Quote:
As if it needs to be spelled out - but just for you FD, those "plain English" parts - aka "physics for dummies", are for the numpties like you and me who don't understand the maths. For actual physicists, its all maths I can assure you. And without islam's contribution to maths, modern physics as we know it would simply not exist.

Gandalf, perhaps an analogy might help you understand. Paper and ink are useful inventions. Without them, science would not be where it is today. Neither would language, literature, politics, art, music, religion and any other field of human knowledge. But this does not mean that the illiterate farmer beating papyrus into sheets is composing a symphony. The engineers at the Bic factory are not discovering new subatomic particles. Likewise, developments in maths are not the same thing as developments in basic science. They are fundamentally different. Going on and on about how important it is despite the difference just misses the point.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #233 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 9:29pm

Now. The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.

What do you think that means, old chap?

Remember, there are no right or wrong answers.

Stop interrupting, FD.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #234 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 10:24pm

freediver wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 9:19pm:
Are you denying that the only evidence for this claim spanning 700 years is from the reference in a poem?

no. But reference in one poem still counts as documented evidence.

freediver wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 9:19pm:
Gandalf, perhaps an analogy might help you understand. Paper and ink are useful inventions. Without them, science would not be where it is today. Neither would language, literature, politics, art, music, religion and any other field of human knowledge. But this does not mean that the illiterate farmer beating papyrus into sheets is composing a symphony. The engineers at the Bic factory are not discovering new subatomic particles. Likewise, developments in maths are not the same thing as developments in basic science. They are fundamentally different. Going on and on about how important it is despite the difference just misses the point.

You seem to be very confused if you are making an analogy with papyrus farmers and bic engineers.

The correct analogy would be with the inventors of ink and paper - and  I would definitely hold these people as very important contributors to the advancement of knowledge and progress. Its just common sense - exactly like how the muslims who helped make maths what it is today deserve credit for contributing to the advancement of science. Rejecting this based on some bizarre argument that claims that maths and science somehow have no relation is just desperate and pathetic.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2013 at 10:29pm by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #235 - Mar 7th, 2013 at 7:47am

Quote:
no. But reference in one poem still counts as documented evidence.

Evidence of what exactly? I have seen an extraordinary amount of 'filling in the blanks' from Muslims around what is a very brief and vague reference. But no amount of filling in the blanks can get around the fact that whatever your interpretation, it cannot be made to look good for Islam. The more they prop this guy up, the more one questions why Islam swallowed his invention.

Quote:
The correct analogy would be with the inventors of ink and paper

The illiterate farmer who first beat papyrus into a sheet was an inventor. But this is not the same thing as composing a symphony. Engineers invent stuff all the time. This is not the same thing as discovering new subatomic particles. Likewise a development in maths is not the same thing as a development in basic science.

Quote:
and  I would definitely hold these people as very important contributors to the advancement of knowledge and progress. Its just common sense

It completely misses the point.

Quote:
exactly like how the muslims who helped make maths what it is today deserve credit for contributing to the advancement of science

Just like the inventor of papyrus deserves credit. The people who came up with the language they spoke deserves credit. The guy who clipped their toenails deserves credit for clipping toenails. But they do not deserve credit for something they did not do. They do not deserve credit for contributions to basic science. You seem to think that the only way to give these people credit is to equate what they did with the contributions from early scientists.

Islam: clipping the toenails of the giants.

Quote:
Rejecting this based on some bizarre argument that claims that maths and science somehow have no relation is just desperate and pathetic.

Again you miss the point gandalf. Islam stifles basic science. At your request, I have elaborated on this, and you have ignored it. The one thing you keep falling back on is a contribution that is not actually science and says nothing at all about the nature of the universe. I have not said that they have no 'relation'. That would be meaningless gibberish. I said they are not the same thing.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #236 - Mar 7th, 2013 at 8:18am

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 4th, 2013 at 4:01pm:
The whole notion of the West is a construct.

Maybe. But everything is a construct of some description.

The Western countries can be tied together a number of ways. Language is one. All the European languages share a common root, some more so than others. German, English, and Dutch are closely related. Spanish, French, and Italian are related. Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish are related. But going back, they are all related to the same group of people.

Europeans are even related to the Indians, Kurds, and Persians linguistically and ethnically.

A big tribe migrated from the Asian steppes to various parts of the world. Some headed West (these are today the European countries) others headed north (today these are the Russians), and many headed south east and mixed with the natives there - the Persians, Indians, Kurds, even the Afghani's are related to the Euro's.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #237 - Mar 7th, 2013 at 10:03am

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Mar 7th, 2013 at 8:18am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 4th, 2013 at 4:01pm:
The whole notion of the West is a construct.

Maybe. But everything is a construct of some description.

The Western countries can be tied together a number of ways. Language is one. All the European languages share a common root, some more so than others. German, English, and Dutch are closely related. Spanish, French, and Italian are related. Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish are related. But going back, they are all related to the same group of people.

Europeans are even related to the Indians, Kurds, and Persians linguistically and ethnically.

A big tribe migrated from the Asian steppes to various parts of the world. Some headed West (these are today the European countries) others headed north (today these are the Russians), and many headed south east and mixed with the natives there - the Persians, Indians, Kurds, even the Afghani's are related to the Euro's.

Very true. Excellent points. Even Hitler made a connection to the Aryans.

Strangely enough, all over India in train station bookshops and newspaper stalls, you see Mein Kampf for sale. Go figure. I have no idea what Indians - a nation with a different language every 30 kilometers or so - make of Mein Kampf.

But there you go. If a set of Western values based on racial purity can be identified in Germany, exported to the East (India), and provide a cultural reference point to a hugely racially and linguistically heterogeneous society, culture is a very random construction indeed.

You're right - that doesn't make "the West" any less important or relevant as a reference point. But it does question a "natural" order based on race and ethnicity. In another thread, you describe all "non-Western people" as suspect candidates for immigration to the West.

As far as I can see, Global communication technology and integration has obliterated the old historial/geographical and cultural/political boundaries that once separated Europe from Asia. This doesn't mean Western culture is taking over the world - which is probably the Taliban's view. But it does mean people are engaging with a language and culture which was previously alien to them: food, products, TV, music, social and political views, etc, etc, etc. Likewise, this has a reverse effect upon the West. Hip hop, Bollywood, Korean pop, Japanese animation, Korean and Japanese products, not to mention people themselves. Australian culture is a mix of all these things.

But is this really new? It seems to me that bemoaning the loss of "Western" culture and blaming it on a load of softcock leftards is a tad confused. People engage with and consume culture without the mediation of special interest groups or political classes. But, to argue people shouldn't advocate for greater engagement is very ideological position. To try to hem in "the West" or "Western culture" to a set of personal values and precepts misses the point completely. To curtail discussion of "Western culture" to a solely positive, noble discourse is very PC stance.

"The West" is beyond morality, just as it is beyond any fixed, unchanging reference point.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #238 - Mar 7th, 2013 at 10:08am

freediver wrote on Mar 7th, 2013 at 7:47am:
Evidence of what exactly?

Evidence that it happened. We have a poem whose authenticity is not disputed, referring to an inventor who's existence and engineering feats are not disputed, claiming that he did something that was right up his alley. Put simply, there is no good reason to assume that it wasn't true.

I have seen an extraordinary amount of 'filling in the blanks' from Muslims around what is a very brief and vague reference.

The poem was very specific about what he did, so I don't know why you would call it "filling in the blanks". You cannot escape the fact that it is a primary document, which is a hell of a lot more than many other historical "facts" that were merely relayed to us second hand. Historians would generally agree that that would meet the minimum criteria for describing this as an historical fact.

The sensible way to describe the claim would be somewhere along these lines: Evidence from a contemporary poem suggests that the well known muslim polymath Abbas Ibn Firnas made an attempt at flying . Note that it doesn't state that it definitely did or didn't happen - merely that there is historical documented evidence that it did. That approach is eminently more sensible than your claim that it was "obviously fabricated".

The more they prop this guy up, the more one questions why Islam swallowed his invention.

I don't have much of a problem with you running with this, my only beef is with your absurd contention that it was "obviously fabricated".

The illiterate farmer who first beat papyrus into a sheet was an inventor.

no he wasn't. And comparing the preeminent mathematicians and scientists of their day with illiterate farmers who have no interest in advancing knowledge and science shouldn't even be dignified with a response.

This is not the same thing as discovering new subatomic particles. Likewise a development in maths is not the same thing as a development in basic science.

right, and you realise discovering subatomic particles is done mathematically? Or what you think they just use a really smacking big microscope? Roll Eyes But of course according to you physics doesn't need any maths - it can all be done with pretty pictures and "plain English".  Cheesy

Just like the inventor of papyrus deserves credit.

they deserve and do get credit. Of course you have to understand that the real pioneers here is not just the person who produced the physical material, but who understood and promoted its practical application. Just like the muslim scientists who developed algebra and the scientific method actually had a vision for its potential, and invented the applications that we find so useful today.

At your request, I have elaborated on this, and you have ignored it.

where? I saw a made up statement about camel urine, falsely accusing muslims of "clinging" to historically dubious claims (in reality muslims cling to all the big things like maths, physics and human anatomy) - and some vague reference to apostasy laws.

None of which explains how the islamic world actually was the centre of the world in terms of learning and scientific advances for about 500 years - in great academic centres such as Cordoba and Baghdad. All during the time christianity in the western world actually was stifling science and learning.

The one thing you keep falling back on is a contribution that is not actually science and says nothing at all about the nature of the universe.

Yup - I have never mentioned the invention of the scientific method, discoveries in human anatomy, advances in medicine or astronomy at least 3 or 4 freaking times now have I? If it helps, forget about maths if you like and concentrate on these things - even though it makes no sense to isolate maths as not having anything to do with basic science  Tongue.

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #239 - Mar 7th, 2013 at 12:51pm

Big Dave wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 4:36pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 3:55pm:
Big Dave wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 2:55pm:
I don't think "off the rails" islamic youth is essentially a westie problem. They seem to be robbing the shite out of the wealthier suburbs. You can ignore it all you want. They won't embrace "OUR" system and thus are poorly educated. But still want what everybody has except they don't want to work for it. That's why so many muslim lebanese youth are into crime.

Robbing? You're saying Muslims are forming gangs of burglars to break into the homes of the wealthy?

Shocking!

Have you contacted Today Tonight with this intel, Big Dave?

I suppose houses getting shot up is a myth too Karnal.

The Muslims are shooting at the homes of the wealthy?

Big Dave, something must be done!

Tell JuLiar to move out of Rooty Hill and get to the North Shore - ASAP!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20
Send Topic Print