Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Preston Mosque bows to public pressure (Read 4577 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Preston Mosque bows to public pressure
Jul 11th, 2012 at 12:36pm

What do you think Abu? Were they wrong to bow to public pressure like this? Do you think it was actually Muslim women complaining, of kaffir impersonators? Would a true Muslim woman react that way?

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 11th, 2012 at 9:30am:
Quote:
Preston Mosque in strife over telling wives to share their husbands with other women by:

VICTORIA'S largest mosque has been forced into an embarrassing back-down after women were told they must "fulfil the rights" of their husbands and share him with other women.

In a move that has outraged local Muslim women, at least one Preston Mosque committee member authorised a post on its official Facebook page instructing women that polygamy was a better alternative to divorce and husbands were "someone you share".

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/preston-mosque-in-strife-over-telling-...

ah, I hear the cries now ........."that's not islam ........"

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Preston Mosque bows to public pressure
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 3:16pm

Preston mosque showcases the richness of Islam.

I have had to share my wife, Muhammed, with three other guys. Husband number 2, Muhammed O'Keefe, lives over in Chatswood. Husband number 3, Muhammed Patterson, lives in Winston Hills, and husband number 4, Muhammed Lynch, lives in Ashfield. It works out OK. People should understand that Islam means love.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 4:04pm

Quote:
Joumah El Matrahexecutive director for Australian Muslim Women's Centre for Human Rights, said she and a number of other people wanted to provide the woman with alternative advice because "Muslim marriage is a partnership, it is not a woman serving a man".

‘‘We are deeply concerned by the advice provided by Preston Mosque; it reflects a poor understanding of marital discord in Muslim families,’’ Ms El Matrah said.

"Being only one woman specifically doesn't make it any better."

Ms El Matrah says she is deeply concerned that such advice was being given since polygamy was not legal in Australia and did not reflect the growing push against it in Islamic countries.

"Research indicates that polygamy contributes to violence in the family home and is detrimental to children, especially the boys. It creates heartache and distress for all those involved, even the men," she said.

She said her organisation was too under-resourced to conduct any research into the existence of polygamy in Australia since a lot of shame was attached to the practice and it was almost impossible to get anyone to talk about it.

"Everybody knows someone who has been in a polygamy situation but I have never met someone who has been in that kind of set-up," she said. "People won't speak to you or those people don't exist."

She said the federal government was not contributing in any way to helping root out or eradicate polygamy, except to point out that it was an illegal practice.

She said that it did not stop conservative mosques secretly pushing these views in Australia, only in this case it has been exposed.

The official website of the Preston Mosque posted the statement on its page but has since taken it down due to the backlash from Islamic groups, including from the Islamic Council of Victoria.

The statement read: "It is very important for a wife to fulfil the rights of her husband. Why? Because Allah commanded her to, after marriage Jannah is through her husband, and also the husband is your partner. A partner is someone you share with not someone who does things for you.

"If a man is saying to his wife I will marry another woman, this is far better than saying you are divorced every time he is upset.

"Now where is the problem. If a man divorces his wife three times he has destroyed his family. They can no longer return to each other. Islam only allows two divorces and returns.

"So if your husband is telling you that he wants to take another wife and you are not doing the right thing by him, then know that he is thinking straight and using a weapon that doesn't have severe consequences."

A spokesman for Preston Mosque declined to comment on the matter.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/concerns-over-mosque-leaders-polygamy-post-20120711-21uu8.html#ixzz20I5qto2q

Preston Mosque's statement was condemned by strong moderate Muslim women like Joumah El Matrah on behalf of her organisation and by the Islamic Council of Victoria.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 4:23pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Jul 11th, 2012 at 4:04pm:
Preston Mosque's statement was condemned by strong moderate Muslim women like Joumah El Matrah on behalf of her organisation and by the Islamic Council of Victoria.

There is no such thing as a moderate muslim. If you study the holy kran like I have you will not find any mention of words 'moderate muslim'. The holy kran is the immutable word of Allah as dictated to Mo.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 10:55pm

"Preston Mosque bows to public pressure"

This is outrageous!!!!!

Speaking as a faux moslem....
.....Clearly these Preston Mosque officials are not REAL moslems!!

These Preston Mosque moslems are clearly moslem impersonators!!!!!

No REAL moslem would make concessions like these, to the kuffars, the infidels.

The REAL moslems would fight to their death, to uphold their honour, and the honour of ISLAM!!

Clearly, these Preston Mosque officials have not studied ISLAM under the Shafi'i school of ISLAMIC jurisprudence, or being taught by The Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt.

For Allah's sake!!!......what comes next ???

Making friends with Christians and Jews!!!!!!?

"Allah is our objective; the Prophet is our leader; the Koran is our law; Jihad is our way; dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope."

Hassan el Banna - Founder of The Muslim Brotherhood

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 10:58pm

Just as a clarification, regards my last post, i am NOT a replacement on OzPol for falah.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:05am

salad in wrote on Jul 11th, 2012 at 4:23pm:

There is no such thing as a moderate muslim. If you study the holy kran like I have you will not find any mention of words 'moderate muslim'. The holy kran is the immutable word of Allah as dictated to Mo.

Where's the mention in the Torah of moderate Jews?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:10am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:05am:

I was wondering how long it would take for the Muslims to bring up the Jews when their pants are on fire.

Not long.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:19am

I am not a Muslim, Soren.

I've been clear about that. Last time you were making fun of me because Muslims will want to kill me for apostasy.

You're a bit all over the place, aren't you?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:33am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:19am:
I am not a Muslim, Soren.

Sure you aren't.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:39am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:19am:
Last time you were making fun of me because Muslims will want to kill me for apostasy.

You're a bit all over the place, aren't you?

Not at all.

falah wrote on Oct 1st, 2011 at 3:30am:
freediver wrote on Sep 30th, 2011 at 6:33pm:
Falah, do you also support the death penalty for apostasy under Islamic law?

That is a bit hypothetical is it not? I do not live in a country run according to Islamic law, so my opinion of certain elements seem to be hardly relevant.

I suggest examining the issue of the apostate. Is there anything wrong with her?

Clearly the answer is yes. An apostate has rejected pure Islamic monotheism.

We are presented with two possibilities. Either the apostate is mentally inadequate, which makes her innocent in Islamic law, or she is a committed polytheist.

The polytheist disrespects God, and therefore earns the reward of the Hellfire. What could be worse for a human than going to the Hellfire?

The apostate is cursed by God for choosing polytheism.

The apostate is particularly harmful to the monotheistic society because she propagates a message of polytheism - if a disbeliever was not interested in propagation of polytheism, then she would either flee the Islamic state or remain quiet.

So the apostate is one who would call people to the Hellfire, and there is nothing worse that can happen to people than going to Hell. Therefore the apostate is a dangerous individual who harms her community.

SO are you insane or a committed polytheist?

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:48am

I'm sure if I really put my mind to it, I could be both. I'm clever like that.

However, I am neither. Falah is wrong. Can you accept that? If you can't, then you must also accept everything else he says is true.

I have a vague belief in some kind of higher power that wavers when I think about it properly.

Yes, please make fun of me for being wishy washy, a bint who can't make up her mind, an idiot...all those other insults you recycle ad nauseam. At least I'm honest enough to say what I actually believe when it comes to religion.

I've never once seen you do the same. 

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 12:15pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:05am:

Almost all Jewish [Moses] laws applied to Jews [Hebrews] themselves, dealing with how the Jewish person should live a righteous life, before his God.

Further, if the Jewish person found Jewish [Moses] laws to be too onerous [for themselves], they could abandon [leave] their tribe, and join themselves with the world, join themselves with other heathen people's.

I am sure that many Hebrews did this.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #13 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 7:41am

Yadda wrote on Jul 12th, 2012 at 12:15pm:
Almost all Jewish [Moses] laws applied to Jews [Hebrews] themselves, dealing with how the Jewish person should live a righteous life, before his God.

Like forcing their daughters to marry their rapists, as long as he pays the few shekels due to her father?

Or how about killing a child who speaks badly to their parents?

Is this the kind of righteous life your book taught?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 8:57am

Abu I would be interested to hear your views on Preston Mosque and the apparent progressive movement within the local Muslim community.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print