Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shocker: Greens Tasmania' incomes slide (Read 896 times)
Awesome

Australian Politics

Shocker: Greens Tasmania' incomes slide
Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:06am

An economic snapshot of Australia's regions has reported a decline in household incomes in Tasmania.

The annual State of the Regions Report shows between 2009 to 2012 wages decreased in all three Tasmanian regions.

The report is commissioned by the Australian Local Government Association and prepared by National Economics.

Co-author Dr Ian Manning has described Tasmania's performance as 'sad.'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-06-18/report-shows-decline-in-household-incomes/4077290?section=business

This is unfortunatel but what happens when the Greens get a serious say in how something is run.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Shocker: Greens Tasmania' incomes slide
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 11:20pm

Bet the cost of living in Tasmania is far lower.

Going just to work in Sydney or Melbourne is a costly deduction from their wages.

Give me a lower pay in a quality place than double-pay in either Sydney Shang-Hai or Melbourne Mogadishu.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2021 at 1:45pm

Most things in Tassie come from across Bass Strait.

Things are dearer in Tassie!

Also try living in a small town in Tassie and needing a tradesperson. I was quoted $1300 for a concrete slab 3m x 1.5m.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2021 at 5:19pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Mar 7th, 2021 at 1:45pm:

Also try living in a small town in Tassie and needing a tradesperson. I was quoted $1300 for a concrete slab 3m x 1.5m.

The reason is the flood of ‘immigrants’ from the mainland wanting to convert our new purchases to something other than the historically sloppy standards most buildings older than 20 years were constructed with here.
On the other hand you can strike it lucky as I did. I have an ex-yank builder who works faster than three Tassie builders and thinks on the run. Has a great sense of homour too. When he first migrated to Tassie 35 years ago he gave up working for local building companies as the other workers kept telling him to
Slow down and stop bein’ so fuXXin fussy’ (translation:- “fussy” means doing things properly.)
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2021 at 8:05pm by Ayn Marx »  

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2021 at 9:38am

Jovial Monk wrote on Mar 7th, 2021 at 1:45pm:

I live in rural Tassie and still have access to a brilliant builder (ex Yank). OK, I know I’m luckier than most down here.

Things are dearer in Tassie? That’s a rash generalisation. Depends on which ’things’ you’re referring to.
The main downsides here are the horrifying consequences of living under State and Local Gov’ts so corrupt they make Joe Bjelke Petterson (remember him?) look like a saint.
If you find that hard to believe read Richard Flanagan’s “TOXIC:The Rotting Underbelly of the Tasmanian Salmon Industry” (Pub’l.Penguin.Random House.2021)
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2021 at 9:47am by Ayn Marx »  

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print