Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Why R Homos and Greens so rude? (Read 18434 times)
Uncle Meat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Tasmania
Re: Why R Homos and Greens so rude?
Reply #255 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:41pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:39pm:
because meat-head, the GIST of the debate is that the same identical arguments for gay marriage can be used to support a whole heap of other things including incest and paedophilia.

Why are you so obsessed with these things?  It's starting to become alarming.

Undecided

Is there something you want to tell us?

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #256 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:43pm

skippy. wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:19pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Jun 12th, 2012 at 4:35pm:
skippy. wrote on Jun 12th, 2012 at 3:47pm:
skippy. wrote on Jun 12th, 2012 at 2:06pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Jun 12th, 2012 at 12:49pm:
Armchair_Politician wrote on Jun 12th, 2012 at 8:05am:
The thing that gets me with the pro gay marriage lobby is that anyone who objects to gay marriage must, by definition, be homophobic. I have gay relatives and gay friends who I love dearly - but personally I do not believe that marriage laws should be changed to allow gay marriages.

you make a good point. Not agreeing with gay marriage is hardly definitionally homophobic. After all, a gay former Chief CJustice of the High Court also opposes gay marriage. is he therefore homophobic?

Name him or its just another one of your  lies.

BUMP before longlyingfraud goes and hides under his rock ,again.

so says the person who thinks labor losing 31 seats will give abbot a 31 seat majority.

62, moron.

NO, so says the person that knows you are a compulsive liar and I will keep bumping this post until you post up who it is you keep avoiding to answer.LIAR.

MICHAEL KIRBY, you brain dead moron. probabyl everyone else on this thread knew that but you, you had to remind everyone just how desperately stupid you are - as if anyone had forgotten.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #257 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:45pm

Quote:
Actually you are the one that has been insulting. I haven't called you a dickhead or anything like that.

Didnt call you one either

Quote:
The scenarios are not silly and have everything to do with any future redefinition of marriage.

You are assuming there would be a redefinition of marriage in the future

Quote:
But, you refuse to give an answer as to what would happen if two brothers want to marry in the future.

Pretty sure i havent refused to answer it. Maybe i havent answered THIS TIME because im getting sick of the same excuses all the time. Basically it wont come up. Its not on anyone agenda. Its a silly example that wont ever happen.

Quote:
If you don't have a problem with two brother marrying each other then admit that your fine with it.

I havent given it any thought and dont have an opinion on it except that its silly and wont ever come up.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Uncle Meat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Tasmania
Reply #258 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:46pm

... wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:40pm:
Uncle Meat wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:38pm:
... wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:32pm:
However, I did conduct an impropmptu poll at my workplace, comprised completely of married, univeristy educated people and found 100% opposition to homosexual marriage.  Fancy that eh?

You work at home and you polled your wife and yourself,  yes?   Grin

No, but I've polled that sample too.  Again - 100% opposition.

What numbers are we talking here? 

6 people?  60?  A dozen maybe?

And what sort of industry, broadly speaking?  Finance, legal, etc.

I'm genuinely curious.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #259 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:51pm

Uncle Meat wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:46pm:
However, I did conduct an impropmptu poll at my workplace, comprised completely of married, univeristy educated people and found 100% opposition to homosexual marriage.  Fancy that eh?

I'm genuinely curious.

1,000,m000 catholic church

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #260 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:52pm

Uncle Meat wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:46pm:

I'm genuinely curious.

8 people (no, not everyone at the workplace, just those who were in the vicinity when i got on my soapbox)

Scientific industry.  Makes sense to me - hard sciences attract logically minded people, who aren't so easily suckered in by emotive crap.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #261 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:56pm

do you notice thatr pinhead (perceptions) is now back and his first effort is to be the moron tjhat he always is and moves threads that clearly are getting a great deal of activity and moves it to chat where it will die.

pinhead - you are a moron. and frankly, not many would disagree.

and of course DRAHs' drivel remains.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #262 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:58pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:45pm:
Quote:
Actually you are the one that has been insulting. I haven't called you a dickhead or anything like that.

Yes you did!

Quote:
The scenarios are not silly and have everything to do with any future redefinition of marriage.

You are assuming there would be a redefinition of marriage in the future
[/quote]

That's the point we've spent 10 pages trying fruitlessly to explain to you - that by the reasoning you use to justify homosexual marriage, you can't deny anyone the 'right" to marry who/whatever they please!

Quote:
But, you refuse to give an answer as to what would happen if two brothers want to marry in the future.

Pretty sure i havent refused to answer it. Maybe i havent answered THIS TIME because im getting sick of the same excuses all the time. Basically it wont come up. Its not on anyone agenda. Its a silly example that wont ever happen.
[/quote]

Yes, much like 30 years ago homosexual marriage was a silly example that wasn't on anyones agenda.

Quote:
If you don't have a problem with two brother marrying each other then admit that your fine with it.

I havent given it any thought and dont have an opinion on it except that its silly and wont ever come up.

SOB [/quote]

It will when a precedent is set.

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #263 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 6:09pm

Quote:

"you are just being a dickhead"

I suggest you don't go walking into any pubs and accuse people of being dickheads. I doubt the excuse I didn't call you a dickhead will wash.

Quote:

And...

I'm sure people said the same thing about gay marriage 50 years ago.

Do you really think that incest, pedophillia, and other abnormal sexual desires don't exist? That if homosexuality gets accepted and then granted marriage that these other minorities won't push for their own acceptance and legal standing?

Oh, one last thing...

Quote:
Pretty sure i havent refused to answer it. Maybe i havent answered THIS TIME because im getting sick of the same excuses all the time.

Followed by...

I havent given it any thought and dont have an opinion on it.

Nice try.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #264 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 6:09pm

Gist wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:22pm:
Marriage is governed by the Marriage Act which is an act of the Parliament which speaks on behalf of ALL citizens. EVERYONE gets a say and the majority rules. That's how democracy works on this planet.

But of course the Marriage Act didn't create the institution of marriage, which existed long before the Marriage Act or the Parliament of AUstralia or even Westminster.

My point is that while marriage is a legal contract, it is not just a legal contract. SO while you can change what the Marriage Act of AUstralia or any other country, no parliament or law can change that part of marriage that had existed well before any Act - that it is essentially and unalterably a heterosexual social institution.

It's like being bi-peds. We may crawl on all fours, you may swim or fly in planes and gliders but we are essentially and unaletrably bi-peds, not fish or fowl.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #265 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 6:13pm

Quote:
Yes you did!

Nope. only in the same way he called me a bigot. If he didnt insult me i didnt insult him.

Quote:
That's the point we've spent 10 pages trying fruitlessly to explain to you - that by the reasoning you use to justify homosexual marriage, you can't deny anyone the 'right" to marry who/whatever they please!

Nobody else is asking for any "rights".

Quote:
Yes, much like 30 years ago homosexual marriage was a silly example that wasn't on anyones agenda.

30 years ago it was on some ppls agenda. 30 years ago they were trying to get accepted. Marriage was a long way off but they were still looking towards it. In fact round about 30 years ago was when they started to be accepted and the mardis gras in sydney became "gay and lesbian".

Quote:
It will when a precedent is set.

No it wont.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #266 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 6:15pm

I give up.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #267 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 6:19pm

Quantum wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 6:09pm:
Quote:

"you are just being a dickhead"

I suggest you don't go walking into any pubs and accuse people of being dickheads. I doubt the excuse I didn't call you a dickhead will wash.

Quote:

And...

I'm sure people said the same thing about gay marriage 50 years ago.

Do you really think that incest, pedophillia, and other abnormal sexual desires don't exist? That if homosexuality gets accepted and then granted marriage that these other minorities won't push for their own acceptance and legal standing?

Oh, one last thing...

Quote:
Pretty sure i havent refused to answer it. Maybe i havent answered THIS TIME because im getting sick of the same excuses all the time.

Followed by...

I havent given it any thought and dont have an opinion on it.

Nice try.

I see. Another freeliar clone.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #268 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 6:22pm

Quote:
Nope. only in the same way he called me a bigot. If he didnt insult me i didnt insult him.

Weak excuse. I said;

Quote:
Your bigoted attitude towards men who want to marry their sons shows through. Wink

In reference to you saying that a man wanting to marry his son was a lone psycho. It is rather obvious that it was sarcastic. Allow me to quote you again;

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 12:09pm:
Someone (who doesnt know how to quote) doesnt know what sarcasm is. Perhaps you will learn something today.

Quote:
sar·casm
   [sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun
harsh or bitter derision or irony.
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
Origin:
1570–80; < Late Latin sarcasmus < Greek sarkasmós, derivative of sarkázein to rend (flesh), sneer; see sarco-

Related forms
su·per·sar·casm, noun

Synonyms
1. sardonicism, bitterness, ridicule. See irony1. 2. jeer.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

SOB

One would think that you of all people would have got it.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #269 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 6:26pm

me of all ppl - yeah but you didnt get my lil ironic hit back did you

yeah took me a while to recognise you

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a