Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Should Young Children be Checked for Mental Illness?

« Created by: Sir Spot of Borg on: Jun 10th, 2012 at 2:03pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Should Young Children be Checked for Mental Illnes (Read 9773 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Should Young Children be Checked for Mental Illnes
Jun 10th, 2012 at 2:03pm

WTH? As young as 3? How the heck can they tell @ that age if a child has a mental illness? That is ridiculous. Hate to be a godwin but hitler did this kind of crap. A lot of our mental health knowledge comes from his experiments.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Should Young Children be Checked for Mental Illnes
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 2:46pm

This could be the beginning of a new industry. It bares all the hallmarks of another government scam/scheme.

Can parents of young children please ensure that your child is not normal. A recent survey found that one in ten two year old's are normal. Have your child checked today before they start to show symptoms of normality.

They will all require therapy and continuous monitoring. Mum and dad will go away happy to know that Sam's thumb sucking has a name.

I thought it was bad enough when every second kid had an Asthma puffer and braces, now they'll be dragging their personal psychologist around with them.

What next? lawyers for littlies.

Teacher: Sally what's two plus two?

Sally: Just allow me to confer with my legal team.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 3:17pm

Sounds like a good idea for me, especially if there are early intervention type treatments or therapeutics that could improve their life. There are also a lot of genetic disorders that are no immediately apparent at birth that should be screened for, once the technology is sufficiently advance. This is especially true for the ones that are treatable.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 3:32pm

I dont see how they can even tell if theres a mental illness when a child hasnt even developed a personality yet.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 3:40pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 3:32pm:
I dont see how they can even tell if theres a mental illness when a child hasnt even developed a personality yet.

SOB

I think they are looking for personality disorders rather than developmental disorders. If your three year old is having a temper tanty, this is serious stuff and should be dealt with by a trained psychologist, in case they start developing peer friendships when they start school. We want to nip this in the bud at a young age.

Seriously, they think that babies sleeping with a night light on is unusual.

Does your two year old wet the bed? get them to the good psych tester now before it's too late.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 3:49pm

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:05pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 2:03pm:
WTH? As young as 3? How the heck can they tell @ that age if a child has a mental illness? That is ridiculous. Hate to be a godwin but hitler did this kind of crap. A lot of our mental health knowledge comes from his experiments.
SOB

wow... you just never really stop with the unsubstantiated, utter drivel, do you?

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:06pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 3:32pm:

SOB

as written by someone who has never had a child. Only a childless person could make such a fundamentally failed observation!

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:24pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:05pm:
SOB

wow... you just never really stop with the unsubstantiated, utter drivel, do you?

Wanker

http://hyphenbird.hubpages.com/hub/Electric-Shock-Treatment-For-Mental-Illness-T...

http://schizophreniatreatments.bravehost.com/history.html

http://www.sntp.net/darling.htm

And a myriad of textbooks check out barnes and noble. Look for history of psychiatry.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:38pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:24pm:
SOB

Wanker

http://hyphenbird.hubpages.com/hub/Electric-Shock-Treatment-For-Mental-Illness-T...

And a myriad of textbooks check out barnes and noble. Look for history of psychiatry.

SOB

not exactly a collection of reputable links. The history of psychiatry does involve a lot of perople including a numbr of germans. This is hardly the support for your (typically) idiotic assumption that it was Hitler who has driven psychiatry.

You might try REPUTABLE sources none of which were i nyour links and AMAZON is not a supplier of psychiatry information either unless you actually know what you are looking for and based on your amzing belif that children dont have a personaility, Id say Dr Seuss might be your limit.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:40pm

Quote:
There is strong evidence that the Jonestown massacre (link 1 link 2 link 3) was actually a CIA funded operation used to determine the capabilities and limitations of the intentional mass control of people by manipulating their religious beliefs.

this is from borgs links..

says it all!

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #11 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 7:39am

longweekend58 wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:38pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:24pm:
SOB

Wanker

SOB

not exactly a collection of reputable links. The history of psychiatry does involve a lot of perople including a numbr of germans. This is hardly the support for your (typically) idiotic assumption that it was Hitler who has driven psychiatry.

You might try REPUTABLE sources none of which were i nyour links and AMAZON is not a supplier of psychiatry information either unless you actually know what you are looking for and based on your amzing belif that children dont have a personaility, Id say Dr Seuss might be your limit.

That was just a quick google because you arent worth any more than that. Go read some text books. I didnt say he "drove" psychiatry which is an absolutely stupid thing to say i said when I didnt. I said a lot of our mental health knowledge came from him (meaning his regime since most of the research was done BEFORE the war). There are jewish websites saying its unethical to even use their research.

This is another strawman since the topic and the point was that 3 is too young to assess a child for mental imbalance.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 8:29am

actually instead of picking @ me and maki8ng strawmen how about you enlighten us to the "truth" of it all? what is your opinion on the whole thing? As if i care but somebody might.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 8:35am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 11th, 2012 at 8:29am:
actually instead of picking @ me and maki8ng strawmen how about you enlighten us to the "truth" of it all? what is your opinion on the whole thing? As if i care but somebody might.

SOB

You want him to actually comment on the topic?

Don't hold your breath.

IP Logged

warrigal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #14 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 8:42am

SOB

Well if a child does 
or is effected by Mental illness at this age, The only reason for it is HEALTH and the LIFE style we lead these DAYS. Life of stress, where if we had a more quite life style we wounldn't have stress in our lives.

If you can create a big enough lie about someone IGNORANT people will bellieve it.

The bigger the Arshole you are on this forum, the more right you have to stay.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print