Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
PM Will Make The Loudmouth Miners Pay. (Read 3105 times)
beware
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: PM Will Make The Loudmouth Miners Pay.
Reply #30 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 11:57am

angeleyes wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 11:29am:
Cods, is this the bit where you angel and joker gump there all tell each other how great you all are? hahaha pathetic

Slipping fast.

Kindergarten is looking the best for you.

Angeleyes......Well you won't make my Kinder class......pre-school for you or maybe daycare!!!

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #31 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 12:11pm

Not to worry Gina and Clive - Tnoy will give it all back with interest.

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #32 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 12:13pm

Dnarever wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 12:11pm:
Not to worry Gina and Clive - Tnoy will give it all back with interest.

Interest and kisses. I bet Gina and Clive are all hot and bothered just at the thought.

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #33 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 12:20pm

"When people think they can push around the national decision-making to suit them, that also I think is fairly offensive."

Difficult to believe that any vested interest group would think that they can bully a government.

They were so comfortable with the coalition government that they believed that they could bully a Labor government as well.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 12:50pm

That's the way to go, Jules - bite the hand that feeds you!

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #35 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 1:37pm

Maqqa wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 9:30am:
And they will make her pay at the polls

Pretty  ACCURATE - and equally APPALLING

Currently, in the Australian print media, we have the right-wing and pro-conservative Murdoch Press - slightly off-set by the centrist Fairfax Group

Up TILL now ...

Rinehart aide urges editorial influence

Kirsty Simpson
June 6, 2012.

THE Fairfax board should have the right to change the editorial direction of the company's newspapers if it would increase profit, one of Gina Rinehart's closest advisers has said.

Jack Cowin, founder of Hungry Jacks and a board member of Channel Ten, told ABC radio yesterday that he believed
Mrs Rinehart, the world's richest woman and the largest shareholder in Fairfax, would eventually win a board seat
and improve the company's fortunes.

He said newspapers were businesses, not a public service, whose purpose was to ''portray the facts in a manner … to attract readership''.

Commenting on whether Mrs Rinehart would interfere with editorial policy at The Age or The Sydney Morning Herald, Mr Cowin cited a recent article that had said stopping her from doing so ''would be like Qantas not allowing its directors to talk about aeroplanes''

Asked by 774's Rafael Epstein whether Fairfax would employ people like right-wing News Ltd columnist Andrew Bolt if Mrs Rinehart were on the board, he said: ''I would think there may be an argument that would balance the message that's being communicated to the community if there were more Andrew Bolt.''

Asked which way Mrs Rinehart would take editorial policy, Mr Cowin said: ''Gina Rinehart would have a stronger right-wing view than probably the average liberal journalist''

He said the purpose of a company ''is to try to make a profit, and if the editorial policy … is not optimising the opportunity, then it's the role of the directors to try to change the direction''.

A spokesman for Fairfax Media declined to comment.

As Fairfax shares slumped yesterday to a record low of 58˘, Mr Cowin backed Mrs Rinehart's bid for two board positions at the company.

Mr Cowin, who has been touted as a possible board appointee, accompanied the mining magnate when she visited Fairfax chairman Roger Corbett this year.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/rinehart-aide-urges-editorial-influence-20120605-...

An ENORMOUS pressure on OUR
ABC
- whose resources are CONSTANTLY under erosion - to
"keep it real"

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

beware
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 1:58pm

Jules must have run out of money...... miners have been doing their thing since I was born but now they are Australia's worst enemy. Get a grip!!!

I remember when Labor voters/workers were into the farmers because "Australia ran on the sheeps back".  Well Keating SOLD the family farm and left rural Australia empty and deserted.

Labor must want the same for the miners Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Labor have already done it too the manufacturing sector Cry

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:15pm

Dnarever wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 12:20pm:
"When people think they can push around the national decision-making to suit them, that also I think is fairly offensive."

Difficult to believe that any vested interest group would think that they can bully a government.

They were so comfortable with the coalition government that they believed that they could bully a Labor government as well.

Difficult to believe you are the only person on the planet that has never heard of lobby or pressur groups. Who exactly do you think unions are? Do you think they dont pressure and expect the ALP to fall into their way of thinking?

Honestly DNA, if you found a non-hypocritical position it would be your first.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:17pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 1:37pm:
Maqqa wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 9:30am:
And they will make her pay at the polls

Pretty  ACCURATE - and equally APPALLING

Currently, in the Australian print media, we have the right-wing and pro-conservative Murdoch Press - slightly off-set by the centrist Fairfax Group

Up TILL now ...

Rinehart aide urges editorial influence

Kirsty Simpson
June 6, 2012.

THE Fairfax board should have the right to change the editorial direction of the company's newspapers if it would increase profit, one of Gina Rinehart's closest advisers has said.

Jack Cowin, founder of Hungry Jacks and a board member of Channel Ten, told ABC radio yesterday that he believed
Mrs Rinehart, the world's richest woman and the largest shareholder in Fairfax, would eventually win a board seat
and improve the company's fortunes.

He said newspapers were businesses, not a public service, whose purpose was to ''portray the facts in a manner … to attract readership''.

Commenting on whether Mrs Rinehart would interfere with editorial policy at The Age or The Sydney Morning Herald, Mr Cowin cited a recent article that had said stopping her from doing so ''would be like Qantas not allowing its directors to talk about aeroplanes''

Asked by 774's Rafael Epstein whether Fairfax would employ people like right-wing News Ltd columnist Andrew Bolt if Mrs Rinehart were on the board, he said: ''I would think there may be an argument that would balance the message that's being communicated to the community if there were more Andrew Bolt.''

Asked which way Mrs Rinehart would take editorial policy, Mr Cowin said: ''Gina Rinehart would have a stronger right-wing view than probably the average liberal journalist''

He said the purpose of a company ''is to try to make a profit, and if the editorial policy … is not optimising the opportunity, then it's the role of the directors to try to change the direction''.

A spokesman for Fairfax Media declined to comment.

As Fairfax shares slumped yesterday to a record low of 58˘, Mr Cowin backed Mrs Rinehart's bid for two board positions at the company.

Mr Cowin, who has been touted as a possible board appointee, accompanied the mining magnate when she visited Fairfax chairman Roger Corbett this year.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/rinehart-aide-urges-editorial-influence-20120605-...

An ENORMOUS pressure on OUR
ABC
- whose resources are CONSTANTLY under erosion - to
"keep it real"

You seem to think the ABC is known for unbiased reporting.

How quaint!

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:20pm

Is there any stupider position to take when you are getting killed in the polls than to deliberately and offensively antagonise the people with the deepest pockets in the country?  All it takes is for the mining industry to take on the ALP in full force and the current sub 30% polls will be nothing but a sweet memory.

Gillard will take Labor to such lows that Family First will be a genuine threat in some of their seats.

it is hard to imagine the stupidity of whchever bufoon is advising her - assuming she listens to anyone.

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #40 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:26pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:20pm:
Is there any stupider position to take when you are getting killed in the polls than to deliberately and offensively antagonise the people with the deepest pockets in the country?  All it takes is for the mining industry to take on the ALP in full force and the current sub 30% polls will be nothing but a sweet memory.

Gillard will take Labor to such lows that Family First will be a genuine threat in some of their seats.

it is hard to imagine the stupidity of whchever bufoon is advising her - assuming she listens to anyone.

You don't stop reversing a fundamentally evil policy just because you think some aspects might be hard. That's Lieberal talk. LABOR take the tough decisions. LIEBERAL just takes the DUMB ones.

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #41 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:41pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:15pm:

Difficult to believe you are the only person on the planet that has never heard of lobby or pressur groups. Who exactly do you think unions are? Do you think they dont pressure and expect the ALP to fall into their way of thinking?

Quote:
never heard of lobby or pressur groups.

These guys have gone well past what you could put in this catagory.

Quote:
Who exactly do you think unions are? Do you think they dont pressure and expect the ALP to fall into their way of thinking?

Labor were created by the union movment and they think significantly alike in areas like IR to start with.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #42 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:47pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:20pm:

Quote:
getting killed in the polls than to deliberately and offensively antagonise
the people with the deepest pockets in the country
?  All it takes is for the mining industry to take on the ALP in full force and the current sub

Well they have already organised multi million dollar advertising campaigns bought out major shares in the media and appear or are published on almost a weekly basis being critical of anything Labor have done.

Exactly what else do you see coming from them, famine and pestilence?

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #43 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:53pm

Dnarever wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:47pm:
Well they have already organised multi million dollar advertising campaigns bought out major shares in the media and appear or are published on almost a weekly basis being critical of anything Labor have done.

Exactly what else do you see coming from them, famine and pestilence?

Exactly. How will worse polls make a difference? May as well kick 'em in the nuts while the kicking is good.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:01pm

Dnarever wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:41pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:15pm:

Quote:
never heard of lobby or pressur groups.

These guys have gone well past what you could put in this catagory.

Quote:
Who exactly do you think unions are? Do you think they dont pressure and expect the ALP to fall into their way of thinking?

Labor were created by the union movment and they think significantly alike in areas like IR to start with.

so? and I mean it. So? if it walks like a pressure group, talks like a pressure group and acts like a pressure group it IS A PRESSURE GROUP.

just dont pretend it isnt one, just because you find being held hostage to a group of unions led by the remarkably amoral and incompetent drones that fill the union leadership.

Some of us posess the ability to think. Thats why we vote Liberal. only a rusted on drone  could still be defending this disgrace of a govt. And a disgrace to the once fine reputation of the ALP.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print