Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
aboriginal discrimination (Read 8327 times)
JC Denton
Gold Member

Re: aboriginal discrimination
Reply #60 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:18pm

nah then we're just back to where we started

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:48pm

Yes, Imperium, you are correct. It would seem that these half measures will only ever solve the problem in the short term. We've been extremely generous in sharing our DNA. We've tried rounding them up onto missions - or ghettos if you will. At great cost I might add. We even tried to raise them ourselves - in the hope that we might train the wildness out of them and bring them into civilization.

As you are aware, it was all a dismal failure despite our very best endevours. All these experiments, with all the goodwill in the world, failed. I'm afraid, gentlemen, that we may have reached the end. Let's be realistic here. What we need is a telos, an endpoint if you will. If you will forgive me, I can see no other way.

Allow me to be frank. What we need here is a final solution.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #62 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 7:11pm

wont work

all that'll happen is they'll get high off the gas!

IP Logged

Bertram

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 7:41pm

all the stolen generation kids and the petrol sniffers should be adopted by lesbians, like i was. never did me any harm. it's better to have two mummies looking after you than none.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 12:19pm

JC Denton wrote on Jun 15th, 2012 at 7:11pm:
wont work

all that'll happen is they'll get high off the gas!

I see. What would you suggest then?

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #65 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:31am

I suggest to ignore pin dick abos who try to gain control through sympathy.

It's a losing game.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #66 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 9:01am

Where they started was probably at a point which would procure longevity in some semblance.

We are well past that now. We have been since the 1700's

We can't hope for longevity in that realm, so we may as well dictate to all who have.

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2012 at 9:07am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #67 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 9:11am

Sorry Longy, and all those other footballers who thought they had something to give. You hadn't.
You regressed our game and our political system is all.
You had nothing to give in the "long" run, but you attempted to conquer and failed.

The "Long walk"..the fat prick walks 50m's and outta puff...what an absolute joke.

"Longy" administered the most pathetic shirtfront in history in the GF vs Melbourne. He is a pathetic animal and should be treated as such.

He will always be a dog loser animal for that act nomatter what transpires.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 5:52pm

Police apologise to family for death in custody

The Northern Territory Police officer who was in charge of the Alice Springs watch-house on the night a man died in the cells has apologised to the family of the dead man.

Sergeant William McDonnell was in charge on the night Kwementyaye Briscoe died at the facility in January.

He told Coroner Greg Cavanagh he failed to get Mr Briscoe medical help for a head injury.

He said officers had become complacent about drunks coming into custody with head wounds.

Sergeant McDonnell said he did not understand 27-year-old Mr Briscoe was drunk enough to die.

He broke down as he told members of Mr Briscoe's family in the court that he had breached their trust and failed to protect Mr Briscoe.

He said he understood the anger they must feel towards him, but no one wanted Mr Briscoe to die.

Sergeant McDonnell told the inquiry he saw Mr Briscoe had an open head wound and was drunk but had instructed junior officers to let him "sleep it off" instead of getting him immediate medical treatment.

He says he will carry the death with him for the rest of his career.

Other police officers also told the court they thought Mr Briscoe was faking injury.

The court heard prisoners in police custody often fake injuries to be taken to hospital, where they are no longer under police watch.

One officer wept as she apologised to Mr Briscoe's family, saying she failed to get him medical attention.

She said she has been severely affected by the death.

Earlier, the inquest had been told Mr Briscoe had a dangerous level of alcohol in his blood when he died.

Forensic physician Doctor Morris Odell said Mr Briscoe had a blood alcohol content of 0.375, enough to be potentially fatal.

The Coroner has also been told by other prisoners in the watch-house that they had seen police officers dragging Mr Briscoe to a cell.

Some said they had asked police to call for medical help but they were ignored.

The inquest continues.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-06-19/death-in-custody-inquiry-police-witnesses/...

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #69 - Oct 20th, 2012 at 7:17pm

If a white guy says this, he is taken to court. If an 'Aborigine' says it, everyone looks down and nods and shuffles his feet:

Mr Mansell said the number of people claiming to be indigenous in Tasmania had swollen from 10,000 20 years ago to nearly 20,000.

"There are many white Tasmanians who claim to be Aboriginal because of rumour or because they 'feel different,'" Mr Mansell said in a statement.

Schools and state governments got extra Commonwealth funding for "every child that ticks the box on indigenous" and "the financial incentive for attracting public funding in education largely explains why the numbers have doubled in such a short time", he said.

"The processes for authenticating the real from the fanciful are so loose that in reality, anyone can legally claim to be indigenous and be accepted by the federal departments without question."

Mr Mansell said he was concerned about people discovering a distant Aboriginal ancestor then using that information to claim to be Aboriginal, despite culturally and socially living the life of a white person.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/latest/15170339/mundine-racism-row-takes-new...

There are none so 'racists' as the 'oppressed' races - for them it's a meal ticket, innit?

IP Logged

Bowen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 6:26am

I think the main problem is how to help Aboriginals join the modern Australia. We need to help Aboriginals to acquire more knowledge and skills of the modern world.

However, there is a big mistake made the Stolen Generations. The mistake is using Anglo Australian to replace modern Aboriginals Australian. Anglo Australian believe English is the only language and Aboriginals have to learn English first before to teach them other knowledge. Then stole Aboriginals children.

Just like I said in the topic about citizen test. If you want to teach someone knowledge, their native language is the best way.

Aboriginals may never become Anglo Australian, but they can become modern Aboriginals  Australian.

BTW, is there anyone can tell me how many Aboriginals speak English and how many speak Aboriginal language today? We may find a way to solve the problem instead of just blaming.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2012 at 6:35am by Bowen »  

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #71 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 6:55am

Bowen wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 6:26am:
I think the main problem is how to help Aboriginals join the modern Australia. We need to help Aboriginals to acquire more knowledge and skills of the modern world.

However, there is a big mistake made the Stolen Generations. The mistake is using Anglo Australian to replace modern Aboriginals Australian. Anglo Australian believe English is the only language and Aboriginals have to learn English first before to teach them other knowledge. Then stole Aboriginals children.

Just like I said in the topic about citizen test. If you want to teach someone knowledge, their native language is the best way.

Aboriginals may never become Anglo Australian, but they can become modern Aboriginals  Australian.

BTW, is there anyone can tell me how many Aboriginals speak English and how many speak Aboriginal language today? We may find a way to solve the problem instead of just blaming.

Why should they? How many immigrants can speak aboriginal?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Bowen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 7:22am

What the meaning of "Why should they?"

Who are "they"? and they do what?

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 6:55am:

Why should they? How many immigrants can speak aboriginal?

SOB

« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2012 at 7:46am by Bowen »  

IP Logged

FriYAY
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Nov 3rd, 2012 at 3:18pm

I agree with the bold, but the highlighted is a complete contradiction.

Teaching abo's ancient tribal languages has and always will be a waste if time.

They, like anyone, need good English language skills to find employment and self empowerment away from welfare dependence.

IP Logged

Bowen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Nov 3rd, 2012 at 3:30pm

Can you tell me how many aboriginals speak English and how many speak their own language? I don't know about it.

I think the solution depends on the conditions. If most of them speak English, I think it's ok to teach them in English.

FriYAY wrote on Nov 3rd, 2012 at 3:18pm:
I agree with the bold, but the highlighted is a complete contradiction.

Teaching abo's ancient tribal languages has and always will be a waste if time.

They, like anyone, need good English language skills to find employment and self empowerment away from welfare dependence.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print